Page 606 of 1161 FirstFirst ... 1065065565966046056066076086166567061106 ... LastLast
Results 12,101 to 12,120 of 23210
    Obscure Node
    Gothic 3 after finishing Gothic 2 years after playing part 1 also installed TF2 again yesterday and having some fun once again (who knows how long it will last) :D

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    So just played AA3 and game is freaking pile of poo. It looks dated,even maxed out,it also plays very dated,with no lean (Yes LEAN which is necessary for squad based online fps game which trives towards realism..). Where are the days when AA2 was good..Damn.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    I'm no expert but I'm fairly sure you can lean.
    steam: sketch

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    So just played AA3 and game is freaking pile of poo. It looks dated,even maxed out,it also plays very dated,with no lean (Yes LEAN which is necessary for squad based online fps game which trives towards realism..). Where are the days when AA2 was good..Damn.
    You can lean with Q and E (standard settings).

Playing Skyrim still with a new character. Game is so huge I have played for 109 hours without repeating anything over two characters and I have only just been to Dawnstar.

Still, problem with bugs. Installed a bunch of Workshop mods which caused slowdown sometimes to no rhyme or reason I can see. Removed all the graphical ones, still got slowdown. Changed graphics from high to medium and they stopped... for several hours before starting again.

computer games, how they do?

Also since one of my mods allows customisable starting classes my current melee focused character has only 60 mana so I can't cast the spell to get into the Mages College. Currently trying to raise speechcraft high enough to bypass the test.

The problem with Skyrim is a lot of info is saved. So even if you delete a mod, there are remnants of it in your savegame which will cause problems.I don't know what you can actually do to clean those up, but the best idea is making sure you use WyreBash and the like to keep mod issues and conflicts before starting for real.

I heard that disabling all mods and waiting 31 days in game and making a save on a new slot works sometimes for crashes, but I don't know.
    Last edited by Caddybear; 27-01-2013 at 04:42 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node Spider Jerusalem's Avatar
    also, never use the steam workshop for skyrim. the mod manager + skyrim nexus is 10000x better.

I was going to say that, but didn't want to get into an argument with Steam Workshop purists ( is that even a thing? It probably is, it's the internet after all. )

Quote Originally Posted by The Pink Ninja View Post
    Still, problem with bugs. Installed a bunch of Workshop mods which caused slowdown sometimes to no rhyme or reason I can see. Removed all the graphical ones, still got slowdown. Changed graphics from high to medium and they stopped... for several hours before starting again.
    You mean that massive fps drop after a loading screen which seems random?
    If so then the only solution I've found is to alt+tab out of the game and back. You've got to alt+tab twice though. The first time the game won't come back up for some reason, only the music plays. Second time the music stops for a second and loads the game up. That seems to reload something and everything is fine until it happens again.

I've got no idea what's causing this. I thought it was the multiple mods I'm using (HD repacks, realistic lightning etc.) but it doesn't bother me enough to really find the solution. As long as the game runs fine on ultra settings, I don't mind doing a alt+tab every hour or so.

Quote Originally Posted by ReAl View Post
    You can lean with Q and E (standard settings).

Seriously ? I tried leaning and it didn't worked so i assumed..nevermind.

Had quite good 2 hour session in TF2.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Jerusalem View Post
    also, never use the steam workshop for skyrim. the mod manager + skyrim nexus is 10000x better.
    This, 1,000,000x this.

Seriously, people at TES Nexus have been at this for a long time now. And it's easy to cherry pick mods that work well, not so much with steam workshop. Lots of quality mods there for TES, Fallout 3/NV and Dragon Age.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Just to provide a counter-viewpoint:

I've been playing TES games since Arena and I've been using mods with them since Morrowind. I've used the nexus, fileplanet, and even just spending hours going through the bethesda message boards.

The Steam Workshop is my favorite approach thus far. It provides a decent sized database set up based upon what people who play the game are using. The Nexus (and similar sites/approaches) always felt skewed by what people "liked" ("This is a really cool idea and I support it, but I myself won't be using it") and what people just kept re-downloading for whatever reason. If someone subscribes to a mod in the workshop, they are pretty much guaranteed to be using it.

Workshop of course fails if you like to change your mods mid-game or want to mod each and every individual aspect of the game. But i find both of those always prevented me from PLAYING the game. I have countless memories of going out of my way to find an awesome set of mods for morrowind or oblivion and then realizing "... yeah, I lost interest after reading through af ew thousand posts" or of finding a brand new mod and deciding "That looks awesome. I am gonna go re-roll a mage to try that out".

So in terms of capabilities: Nexus and the like let you do more
    In terms of ease-of-use and promoting a "Go play the damned game" mentality, I have to favor the Steam Workshop.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Since i went with wireless router because my mom suddenly need internet .. I am experiencing ping problem here and there,for example yesterday and today in evening i could play TF2 perfectly fine with 50 ping,now in midnight ping is at least 250,and it goes higher. Its like few days its ok,then few days its mad high..Can i do anything to fix this ?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Ok, your router is wireless, but are you connecting to the router by cable or by wifi?

If you're connected by cable and you're having such horrible latency, your mother is devouring your i-net, either because she has no idea what she's doing, or because she has managed to infect her PC with all sorts of trojans, viruses, worms, keyloggers and the like in record time (far too common) and you're gonna have to deal with it.

If you're connected by wifi, get a goddamn cable.

F'ing wifi.

I have cable,gonna check what is mother doing..God damn it,where are times when they weren't familiar with computers.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Maybe every campaign mission in SupCom wouldn't take an hour and a half if I had twice as many unit spawners and 10 times as many engineers. They'd still suffer from Lord of the Rings-itis, though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Devil May Cry and Space Suit Zero, both great action games.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Fifa 12, because it was cheap on Orgin and I wanted a football fix. Against Legendary AI with matched teams it is scarily accurate in terms of how matches play out . Counter attacks and keeping shape to suck in teams in is far more dangerous, and convincing,; movement off the ball a lot more important; dribbling and general play on the floor is much better than was the case in 11; and speed is more dangerous in the open but more easily countered as well if you defend as a team. Sloppy play tends to be punished, incisive play and moments of brilliance tend to be rewarded. When a game is really going it’s great fun and feels very genuine. It is however as demanding as most strategy games I’ve played if you don’t want to just rely on OP players and teams, and about as exhausting as real football, so the improved simulation comes at a cost.

Ahh..Playing FIFA is like COD,if you want real challenge you go with PES 13.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Ahh..Playing FIFA is like COD,if you want real challenge you go with PES 13.
    Want I want from a football game is what I want from most strategy/simulation games; a challenge based on the systems being fairly utilised by all of the players. And Fifa 12 more or less delivers this actually. The problem is I have to weigh up whether a career mode in Fifa is going to be as rewarding as a campaign in Shogun 2, because it will take about as much time and mental investment. I.e It's probably too much of a challenge for what it is.