Page 611 of 1234 FirstFirst ... 1115115616016096106116126136216617111111 ... LastLast
Results 12,201 to 12,220 of 24667
  1. #12201
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Jolly Ole England
    Posts
    3,325
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    Finished Grimrock.
    The last boss' design is brilliant. Really enjoyed it, combat was a bit meh (played on easy because of this) but the puzzles were a delight.
    I hated that boss. I mean, it was brilliant, but with the dungeon shaking, and the weird telepathic dreams, and the hooded cultists, and the mysterious grate tentacles - all of it led me to believe a Cthulhu-like entity was down there. So I descend the dungeon quaking in my boots expecting to find a being of terrifying malevolence and instead end up with a clever joke.

  2. #12202
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    3,200
    I too expected a chtulhian creature. That's why I liked the boss, it wasn't the obvious choice.

  3. #12203
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus thegooseking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Three miles from the nearest bus stop
    Posts
    1,133
    Getting into The Secret World. I always enjoy MMOs immensely at first but it doesn't take long for the lustre to fade, so we'll see what happens.

    Still, Anarchy Online is the only one that kept me for longer than a couple of months, so if anyone can do it, Ragnar Tørnquist can.

  4. #12204
    Moderator Anthile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    People's Republic of Germany
    Posts
    2,663
    It's easily one of my favourite final boss fights ever. All the way down I feared it would be just some mob with massive stats and I'd have to dance around him for hours without challenge but in the end it managed to be not only unique but it also plays to the strengths of the movement system. It's probably one of the biggest WTF moments in recent gaming history and I fear not too many people actually saw it and gave up long before. You are missing out.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

    to wound the autumnal city.

  5. #12205
    Obscure Node
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
    I wish I had your restraint.
    I'm going to try something similar but not quite so extreme - maybe nothing that costs more than £10 until the next sale. I've got pretty addicted to Planetside 2 and I've bought Bioshock Infinite on GMG already, so I reckon I can hold out with them and my backlog.

  6. #12206
    Lesser Hivemind Node Drayk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Europe's capital
    Posts
    588
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyferrino View Post
    I'm going to try something similar but not quite so extreme - maybe nothing that costs more than £10 until the next sale. I've got pretty addicted to Planetside 2 and I've bought Bioshock Infinite on GMG already, so I reckon I can hold out with them and my backlog.
    Well... i am just starting, after buying sleeping dogs, the windows pack on amazon, darksiders 2, Torchlight 2, Max Payne 3, X-com, game of thrones (for 5euros) and Dishonored... that plus my already long backlog made me realize I had to take drastic measures. Even 2-3 hours of gaming every evening will not save me... + I have backed several kickstarter projects, hopefully comming this year... I play GW2 since launch and my main character is only 37...

    Damn you kids, wife, work, social life... damn you all !

    I need a 36hours per day card !

  7. #12207
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,288
    Well then don't buy so many games if you can't complete them lol :D

  8. #12208
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,553
    Starting from this year, I'm going to try a system of not buying single player games on release. This gives them plenty of time to have added content, fixed any issues and so on and so forth. Multiplayer games, or those with a heavy MP contingent, I'll probably buy closer to release. Not just an exercise in saving money, because I inevitably can do with this, but it also keeps in check those games I absolutely want, as opposed to those I just got caught in the hype with, as well as the fact that it means I can put a real effort into clearing my backlog.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

  9. #12209
    Lesser Hivemind Node Drayk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Europe's capital
    Posts
    588
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    Starting from this year, I'm going to try a system of not buying single player games on release. This gives them plenty of time to have added content, fixed any issues and so on and so forth. Multiplayer games, or those with a heavy MP contingent, I'll probably buy closer to release. Not just an exercise in saving money, because I inevitably can do with this, but it also keeps in check those games I absolutely want, as opposed to those I just got caught in the hype with, as well as the fact that it means I can put a real effort into clearing my backlog.
    I already do that. I haven't buy a game full price since... Skyrim (GW2 being the only exception). My game expenses are below 50euro a month. But still, it's not enough... Daftpunk is right. We should stop buying games we can't complete. I know It's a common mistake for gamers... We can't resist a good sales.

  10. #12210
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus alms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,314
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    Just finished my second playthrough of Saints Row 2 and 3. Ended up 100 %-ing SR3 (according to the game, but I have some vehicle thefts left).
    Did you have any problems with lag while driving in SR2?

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
    It feels good to actually be completing games and chalking them off my backlog.
    Definitely. For me, keeping my HLTB "me VS backlog" profile up to date is a game of sorts.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

    "You take the Klingon's detached hand"

  11. #12211
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,418
    That's been my philosophy for the last two years, works very well. I'm happy to amend it for games which are cheap and not going to have DLC added, like say Bastion or Lone survivor, but otherwise I play a year late as it were and get most games GOTY for about half their original price. Keeps you out of "current" chat and development is the only downside but I don't really care about that.

  12. #12212
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The Capital of Scandinavia
    Posts
    1,182
    Yeah, I generally don't see the point in buying SP games on release. Purchasing late means getting a more polished product at a cheaper price, while also information on the quality of the game is more available. It's also good to put off playing the game until the DLC blitz is over. This really only comes at the expense of the launch hype. I generally buy games about 80-90% cheaper than launch price.

    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Did you have any problems with lag while driving in SR2?
    No, not that I noticed. Is that a common issue? Are we talking input lag or stuttering?

  13. #12213
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus alms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,314
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    No, not that I noticed. Is that a common issue? Are we talking input lag or stuttering?
    Fairly common it would seem. It freezes for a moment every now and then, seemingly because it's piss poor at loading new chunks of the world. The faster you're going the worse it is, good luck taking a corner whenever it does that. It's frustrating enough that I retired the game after about 10h.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

    "You take the Klingon's detached hand"

  14. #12214
    Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Zürich
    Posts
    751
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Well then don't buy so many games if you can't complete them lol :D
    But then how am I supposed to determine my self-worth?

    Quote Originally Posted by thegooseking View Post
    Getting into The Secret World. I always enjoy MMOs immensely at first but it doesn't take long for the lustre to fade, so we'll see what happens.
    Good to see you're back, Gooseking.

  15. #12215
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    NY f'n C
    Posts
    10,000
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Fairly common it would seem. It freezes for a moment every now and then, seemingly because it's piss poor at loading new chunks of the world. The faster you're going the worse it is, good luck taking a corner whenever it does that. It's frustrating enough that I retired the game after about 10h.
    Get the Gentlemen of the Row fanmod. Should fix most problems.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

  16. #12216
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus alms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,314
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Get the Gentlemen of the Row fanmod. Should fix most problems.
    Been there done that, it didn't fix that specific problem: I was hoping Fanbuoy had found the magic solution I somehow missed (SSD?).
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

    "You take the Klingon's detached hand"

  17. #12217
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    NY f'n C
    Posts
    10,000
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Been there done that, it didn't fix that specific problem: I was hoping Fanbuoy had found the magic solution I somehow missed (SSD?).
    I don't have a SSD but I do remember experiencing lots of annoying graphical slowdowns prior to installing the mod, which is why I mentioned it.

    Beyond that, I dunno. Sorry!
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

  18. #12218
    Network Hub PeteC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Cornwall UK
    Posts
    365
    Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    I really enjoyed Kings Bounty for a long while but it's just not good enough to give that much time to, I don't know how people played any of them to completetion
    I didn't even complete them. Got to the end bosses and couldn't beat them. Gave up in the end.

    To be honest, those 100 hours are according to Steam. You could knock a fair bit off that as I used to leave the game running in the background while I did other stuff, but it was still a good chunk of time spent on it.

    I'm also a very slow player in just about every game I play. It took me 40 hours to beat Darksiders but the average on howlongtobeat.com is about half that.

  19. #12219
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The Capital of Scandinavia
    Posts
    1,182
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Been there done that, it didn't fix that specific problem: I was hoping Fanbuoy had found the magic solution I somehow missed (SSD?).
    No, sorry. I don't use my SSD for games and aren't using any mods. I have a 7200 rpm HDD though, maybe slower ones can have problems? From what I hear, SR2 is a terrible port so maybe it's an optimization issue? What hardware are you using?

  20. #12220
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus alms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,314
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    I have a 7200 rpm HDD though, maybe slower ones can have problems? From what I hear, SR2 is a terrible port so maybe it's an optimization issue? What hardware are you using?
    The disk is a Caviar Black, as far as sensibly-priced, consumer-level disks go, I should be covered.

    Terrible is nothing, it's so shameful most advice I've read on the subject ends with: play the console version or skip to SR3. If you have some time skim through this FAQ, my favorite bit is the one about the CPU frequency having to match exactly the X360 3.2 GHz, unless you use a community developed utility.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

    "You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •