Page 613 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 1135135636036116126136146156236637131113 ... LastLast
Results 12,241 to 12,260 of 24072
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    I love my tactical squad games,but the AI,the fucking ai is beyond stupid. I just lost half of my team because they can't properly enter the room,i mean no shit you got shot in to the fucking head if you keep starring at celling when enetering room full of enemies.
    SWAT 3 was, for the most part, really good about the AI so long as you always had them move and clear a room (so they would slice the pie).

I can only think of one spot where they ever felt worse than a (normal) human would be and that is the long connecting bridge between the two buildings/towers on the Airport mission. And even that was a bit of a crapshoot as to whether the enemy AI would notice us and ventilate the crap out of us in that hallway. And even THAT I suspect most humans would get boned on too.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Crysis 3 MP beta

I really enjoyed a Hunter mode that is basically AvP in Crysis universe. Very entertaining. The other mode I didn't like as much as it's a traditional TDM with some objectives and unlocks. People die way slower than in one-hit-kill Hunter. Now about mechanical part. Its kind of clunky, movements and controls feel awkward and the game runs rather bad even on Low( 60 fps but feels like far less, no smoothness at all). It looks ok but nothing special and there is too much motion blur. I may buy this game after all.
    Last edited by coldvvvave; 31-01-2013 at 05:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I will be playing chivalry - later, once the patch rush has settled down a little for the evening.

Right now? Wavering between finishing AC3 and getting a little further in Far Cry 3.

3 3 3.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    SWAT 3 was, for the most part, really good about the AI so long as you always had them move and clear a room (so they would slice the pie).

I can only think of one spot where they ever felt worse than a (normal) human would be and that is the long connecting bridge between the two buildings/towers on the Airport mission. And even that was a bit of a crapshoot as to whether the enemy AI would notice us and ventilate the crap out of us in that hallway. And even THAT I suspect most humans would get boned on too.

Hm can't remember AI from SWAT 3,but i can from the fourth instalment and its quite stupid,but on other hand it can surprise you here and there in good way :D

Would love to have that camera feature in RvS,like you have in SWAT 4,where you can see your teammates from other squad and then press CAPSLOCK to order them,really neat stuff.

Obscure Node
    Still playing new X-Com Enemy Unknown, but I will be done with it soon. Perhaps any of you gamers could recommend me similar turn based game (released in the last 5 years, since I have played older titles already)?
    Last edited by mgmr; 31-01-2013 at 05:45 PM. Reason: grammar nazi corrected me

Have you played Silent Storm,its really good game,set in WW2.

ps. Everything can be destructed! Everything! buahahah

Hm can't remember AI from SWAT 3,but i can from the fourth instalment and its quite stupid,but on other hand it can surprise you here and there in good way :D

Would love to have that camera feature in RvS,like you have in SWAT 4,where you can see your teammates from other squad and then press CAPSLOCK to order them,really neat stuff.
    Yeah. I suspect they may have toned it down a bit for SWAT 4 because SWAT 3 was so susceptible to "Okay, you guys do everything, I'll watch" style gameplay since your team WAS very competent and were generally MUCH better at the split-second "He raised his gun, ventilate him!" stuff.

Which is one of those things that make me laugh. We used to LOVE games where the AI was competent and (arguably) better than the players. It was tactical to order people to clear a room. Now? We get pissed off if the AI clears a room for us :p
    And yes, I am the exact same way. I'll go replay some SWAT 3, order my team to stack up, wait for them, and then say "go" while following them through and doing nothing and SQUEE. Then I'll play some CoD, get pissed off when I have to wait for my team to stack up, get near them to activate the door, and then follow them through, do nothing, and say "nertz"
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Obscure Node
    Have you played Silent Storm,its really good game,set in WW2.

ps. Everything can be destructed! Everything! buahahah
    Thanks for the hint... I'll check those two. :)

Obscure Node
    Played faster than light for a few days, frustratingly short.. need something similar but with a lot more meat!

Yeah. I suspect they may have toned it down a bit for SWAT 4 because SWAT 3 was so susceptible to "Okay, you guys do everything, I'll watch" style gameplay since your team WAS very competent and were generally MUCH better at the split-second "He raised his gun, ventilate him!" stuff.

Which is one of those things that make me laugh. We used to LOVE games where the AI was competent and (arguably) better than the players. It was tactical to order people to clear a room. Now? We get pissed off if the AI clears a room for us :p
    And yes, I am the exact same way. I'll go replay some SWAT 3, order my team to stack up, wait for them, and then say "go" while following them through and doing nothing and SQUEE. Then I'll play some CoD, get pissed off when I have to wait for my team to stack up, get near them to activate the door, and then follow them through, do nothing, and say "nertz"

Tell me men,how can we play SWAT 4 online when they removed the gamespy thingy,is there any other way ?

Quote Originally Posted by Darquan View Post
    Played faster than light for a few days, frustratingly short.. need something similar but with a lot more meat!
    I'd be glad if anyone corrected me, but I don't think you'll find something quite like that. I'll still do my broken record gig and suggest NAEV and Ascii Sector you haven't played them, both are free and very good IMO. Ascii Sector is a RL proper.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Obscure Node
    thanks alms, i'll take a look at those, part of the draw of ftl was the tension of dying so i hope they have that!

It's not as easy to die, which is a good thing because they're far longer games. Ascii Sector is interesting as you play both as the guy inside the ship (but you don't manage a crew like FTL), and the guy outside the ship, and you can get different ships, but it only has ASCII graphics (NAEV has pretties instead)

Both games let you pick your own role (trader, pirate, fighter, etc), but Ascii Sector is more sandbox-y than NAEV (which is supposed to be an Escape Velocity clone)
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Rayman: Oranges is jolly good fun, even though I'm getting pretty frustrated in some places. It doesn't help that the game offers to skip the level when I've almost got through an area with the most important collectibles. If I wanted to just get through an area, I wouldn't have any reason to skip ahead, but since I'm such a horrible completionist I can't resist getting all those hard-to-reach coins as well.

Also, the boss fights have been really lackluster so far. A giant bird that didn't even get a shot off, a sea worm thingy that never got close to me, and a stone golem that required only three hits to kill: booooring. The only moments where I got enraged close to the point of punching the screen were in the regular levels, and I didn't even swear at a boss once. Now that's just wrong.

I love the pig latin, though, and the garbled dialogue in general. And the helium-vocals in the underwater levels. The instrumental levels were really cool too.

I'm not really sure whether the different characters actually control differently. I tried all three types, and so far I've felt I had an easier time with Rayman than the other two, even though their moves are identical.

Tell me men,how can we play SWAT 4 online when they removed the gamespy thingy,is there any other way ?
    Been a while since I installed SWAT 4 (I prefer 3 in almost every possible way :p), but did it let you direct connect or do any LANning at all? If so, whatismyip.com and/or hamachi will solve everything.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    Have you done Magicka yet? It's fun, in that sort of friendly fire "hit THEM, not ME you fool!" kind of way.
    I tried to play it once but I remember getting random crashes to desktop.That was back in the day when it was released.Is it any less buggy now?

RvS! RvS! RvS! RvS!
    Excuse my ignorance,what does RvS stand for?

Been a while since I installed SWAT 4 (I prefer 3 in almost every possible way :p), but did it let you direct connect or do any LANning at all? If so, whatismyip.com and/or hamachi will solve everything.

They totally removed online service so you can't find servers normally,and hamachi,never used the program neither do i have someone to play with :/ I guess i'm doomed to offline experience with brilliant AI.

RvS stands for Raven Shield (Rainbow Six3).

They totally removed online service so you can't find servers normally,and hamachi,never used the program neither do i have someone to play with :/ I guess i'm doomed to offline experience with brilliant AI.

RvS stands for Raven Shield (Rainbow Six3).
    Ah.

Hamachi, in simple terms, puts you on the same local network. So the tab that used to be in all server browers and is now only in some (Local) would show their games as though they were connected to the same router.

I fancy reliving the Morrowind experience with the overhaul mod. Memories!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Engonge View Post
    I tried to play it once but I remember getting random crashes to desktop.That was back in the day when it was released.Is it any less buggy now?
    Yeah, Magicka had a really rough release. The issues are all pretty much fixed now.