Page 614 of 1238 FirstFirst ... 1145145646046126136146156166246647141114 ... LastLast
Results 12,261 to 12,280 of 24745
    Revisiting Defense Grid and playing though some of the DLCs which i missed first time around, sharpening my tower defense skills before tackling the new Containment campaign.

Trying to get into Dota 2, hectic game is hectic. Also started a NewGame+ in Dark Souls.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Despite coming out earlier today, I've sunk in a couple of hours to Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing Transformed and it's pretty damn good. Levels have been varied and interesting, they all look amazing and the music is fantastic. It's sufficiently challenging and is just overall really good fun!
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    Despite coming out earlier today...
    Always a courageous move. It may be tough for a while, but your life will be better in the long run and you'll feel better not having to live a lie.

Or is this one of them dangling participles I get confused over?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Oh, grammar snap.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

been playing Dota 2 again. This game is sucking my time. And I'm still not good at it
    I've been playing in SE Asia server, didnt realize my connection is good enough to play in Europe.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Been doing a bit more Valley without Wind. Just got in the mood.

After watchint TB's DMC video reviewy thing, I am kind of really getting in the mood for some more God Hand.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    They totally removed online service so you can't find servers normally,and hamachi,never used the program neither do i have someone to play with :/ I guess i'm doomed to offline experience with brilliant AI.
    Gameranger is better than hamachi, and has a server browser of sorts, If I remember correctly. Evolve is also aimed at this kind of thing, but I don't know if that ever took off.

http://www.gameranger.com/
    https://www.evolvehq.com/welcome

I just started HL2: Ep.2 yesterday (didn't play it since it released) and it might just be the best game in this awesome series. Apart from that I'm also playing Super Meat Boy, which is one of those games I love to just shut off to (at least in shorter burst of play) even-though I'm not that good at it. But perseverance gets me through most levels... At least so far.
    steam

http://dailycelluloid.blogspot.com/- where I write about movies.

Lesser Hivemind Node Juan Carlo's Avatar
    Deadlight--Especially after "The Walking Dead" game, there's really not a whole lot you can do with the zombie genre storytelling wise. Which is maybe why playing "Deadlight" fells kind of been there done that. There's a group of survivors, you get separated from them, you spend the game searching for your family. People heroically sacrifice themselves, or alternately, beg you to kill them so they don't become a zombie....etc, etc. All of this stuff is kind of becoming a bit cliché, especially since it's all been done so well elsewhere before this. The ending manages its own twist which is kind of nice, but most of the game up to that point is pretty underwhelming.

Gameplay wise it's basically "Prince of Persia" with zombies, but it also doesn't do much that's original with that concept. There are a few physics puzzles and annoying timed jumping sequences, but mostly it's a pretty straightforward platformer with not a whole lot that's memorable about it. And considering that I was able to beat the entire thing in 3 hours, "15 dollars" is grossly overpriced.

I got this in the amazon bundle for 5 bucks, and at that price it's fine, but I'd be pissed if I spent 15 dollars on this game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Some of the episodes of TWD were close to 3 hours, so that does sound horribly overpriced.

I've been looking through my steamlist trying to find something to play, but everything looks back at me saying "I'm going to take ages to finish!" and I don't like short gaming bursts.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ado View Post
    I just started HL2: Ep.2 yesterday (didn't play it since it released) and it might just be the best game in this awesome series.
    Alyx. Your argument is invalid.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    I've been looking through my steamlist trying to find something to play, but everything looks back at me saying "I'm going to take ages to finish!" and I don't like short gaming bursts.
    I got the same problem at the moment...somehow i seem to can't finish games anymore even if they are very good games if they take over 30h.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Thief II with the usability patch. That patch is awesome. No more manually futzing around with resolution and fov. Just extract a handful of files and it takes care of everything. The game still stands the test of time.
    "What were we talking about? Pegasuses, pegasii, that's horses with wings. This motherf*cker got a sword that talks to him. Motherf*cker live in places that don't exist, it comes with a map. My God."

I've been playing "I Am Alive" for a bit. I find it quite enjoyable, has pretty great atmosphere and I like the "hold up"-mechanic when encountering thugs. The climbing bits are sometimes really enjoyable and sometimes infuriatingly hard to find where you need to go.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    For once I agree with something written on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

I'm still trying to complete Closure. I finished all the levels but there are 30 collectible moths scattered around them, and I've only managed to find 9 in each of the first three worlds. So either I missed one in each world (24 levels), or I missed three in the 10 final challenge levels when I thought they had none. According to the dev commentary the small moths serve as a hint to what levels still have a collectible in them, but I can't tell how that's supposed to work, so I'm locating them by the jingly sound instead. Maybe there are moths in the challenge levels that don't make any sound...

Anyone else had more luck with this?

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    "wait, which way?" + baddies trying to shoot you + infuriatingly placed checkpointing is an excellent formula for frustration (although you'll always find the ones who go "oh it's just so exciting", I guess it's the same people who find Amnesia a relaxing game to unwind to).
    It's just so exciting! I’d like to see an open world Mirrors Edge but not at the sake of diluting how intense some of those chase scenes were. Yes sometimes I went tumbling to my death in frustration, but when it worked and I made those split second decisions informed by the excellent way-finding design in that game it sent my heart racing! Mirrors Edge had me literally out of my seat.

For the record Amnesia is not a relaxing game, but a brilliant hiding in a wardrobe simulator.

Last night I Completed Borderlands 2 : Mr Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage, with a fellow RPS’r. It just gets sillier and sillier. Looking forward to starting; Sir Hammerlocks Big Game Hunt with a new set of weapons from the golden key chest. Anyone who’s up for it my steam name is Tom4J – We’re playing true vault hunter at about level 44.

For my Birthday My mate bought me one of the Frogware Sherlock Holmes games (Sherlock Holmes Vs Jack the Ripper). All I’ve done is wander around a very well realised London circa 1888, but its very detailed, I love the all the little posters and pamphlets that litter the walls and floor. Sound design is hilarious though, Sherlock sounds like he’s been voiced by Stewie from Family guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    I think I'm too stupid to grasp what you mean by that. Care to elaborate a bit?
    steam

http://dailycelluloid.blogspot.com/- where I write about movies.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ado View Post
    I think I'm too stupid to grasp what you mean by that. Care to elaborate a bit?
    Alyx is a stupid annoying groupie bitch that should never be in any part of HL2 and you spend half of Ep. 2 hauling your ass to save her life. And then she tags along for the rest of the game?

Fuck that.