Page 620 of 1157 FirstFirst ... 1205205706106186196206216226306707201120 ... LastLast
Results 12,381 to 12,400 of 23132
    Finally playing Max Payne 3. Had to crack it to play it even if I have a legit steam version... I am pissed.

The game is quite brilliant, I love the settings, the music, the voice over... A bit too many cutscene though. But I missed Max, so I am glad that Rockstar didn't ruin the series, and can live with it.

The Gameplay is really good, but sometimes I put some bullets in a guy, just to realise it wasn't enough bullets.... I am playing in normal and I find the difficulty on par with the 2 first one. (As far as I can remember)

I am only in chapter 5, but so far, so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphyd View Post
    There were so many levels like that in QC, I can't even think which one you're referring to. Had a blast in that game.
    It's where the bots with object-destroying lasers are first introduced. I have to throw the safes on bits of scaffolding to avoid the bots and not have them fall off into the abyss. It's almost impossible.

Oh wait. I forgot I could use the slow dimension. DERRRRP.
    Last edited by LTK; 04-02-2013 at 10:35 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Just played LA Noire for two hours and half,driving is awful,fist fighting medicore and shootings fairly good. Its quite immersive game,also facial animation is nice,don't know why people bash it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    You can skip the driving by holding down the action button by the car; your partner will drive you to the next destination (and it will skip straight there). I found that essential to my enjoyment of the game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Finishing up NWN2:OC.

Apparently Bishop and Casavir have been fighting over my love when I kinda hate them both. Who knew?
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I'm on some sort of replay streak.

First KotoR and Arkham Asylum and now Settlers 2: 10th Anniversary edition.

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    don't know why people bash it.
    expectations?

Quote Originally Posted by Giaddon View Post
    your partner will drive you to the next destination (and it will skip straight there). I found that essential to my enjoyment of the game.
    Yep, but if you don't spend some time in the virtual Los Angeles you're missing out on something.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    I've encountered a catastrophic difficulty spike in my XCOM:EU game on normal, and I'm a bit baffled. I've got a UFO landing that, every time I play it, wipes out all my veterans. It's the first encounter I've had with a Sectopod, but that's only part of the problem. The geometry, the sheer volume of xenos, their level of armament, it all seems fairly insurmountable. I've got 4 colonels, a major, and a captain all in titan armor and armed with a mix of laser and plasma weaponry, but we just can't seem to find a foothold. Generally we can't gain any kind of favorable ground, and what cover we do have gets blasted to hell shortly into the encounter. My usual caution leaves us stranded in the open, a more aggressive approach just hurls us into the meat grinder, I'm out of ideas. Advice/suggestions?

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    Hard to give (what will probably be bad) advice without seeing the map and what's happening on it, but if there's room, try moving your team in a completely different direction to ensure that you're not activating too many clusters of enemies at once (on normal, I'm pretty sure they won't bother you until you run into them). Then, try to draw them out and pick them off before approaching the ship. If that fails, maybe load a save from before the encounter. It will likely happen again, but the map will probably be different.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by internetonsetadd View Post
    Hard to give (what will probably be bad) advice without seeing the map and what's happening on it, but if there's room, try moving your team in a completely different direction to ensure that you're not activating too many clusters of enemies at once (on normal, I'm pretty sure they won't bother you until you run into them). Then, try to draw them out and pick them off before approaching the ship. If that fails, maybe load a save from before the encounter. It will likely happen again, but the map will probably be different.
    It's not one particular map. I've completely restarted on three separate occasions, with three completely different maps, and had the exact same experience. It's a supply ship, so there's only a very small "outside," usually at a height disadvantage. Enemies pour out by the dozen, and then what I described above happens. It seems to be impossible to avoid activating a huge crowd, as they're all right next to each other. Typically, any approach at all activates 3-4 groups.

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    Ah, I had an experience like that with a supply ship. I think I was dumped right at the rear, too far away to get to an advantageous position in time, too close to get away from the onslaught that poured out from everywhere. I didn't realize that at first, and took a lot of damage retreating back into a corner with a little height and cover, where the Sectopod attacked me. After a couple risky, no-cover moves I managed to take it out, hack a drone, and move up the side of the ship to assault from the front. I sent the drone in through the rear bay and a couple Mutons I'd seen before had gone deeper into the ship. Not sure why, but that probably kept it from being much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    I've encountered a catastrophic difficulty spike in my XCOM:EU game on normal, and I'm a bit baffled. I've got a UFO landing that, every time I play it, wipes out all my veterans. It's the first encounter I've had with a Sectopod, but that's only part of the problem. The geometry, the sheer volume of xenos, their level of armament, it all seems fairly insurmountable. I've got 4 colonels, a major, and a captain all in titan armor and armed with a mix of laser and plasma weaponry, but we just can't seem to find a foothold. Generally we can't gain any kind of favorable ground, and what cover we do have gets blasted to hell shortly into the encounter. My usual caution leaves us stranded in the open, a more aggressive approach just hurls us into the meat grinder, I'm out of ideas. Advice/suggestions?
    Sectopod? Rockets. Spam rockets. Twelve damage a pop with HEAT ammo and get a Sniper with Plasma and an archangel armor. Get him on the back fly, him up high, double tap with a headshot. Sectopod problem solved. Alternatively, get an assault colonel with an alloy cannon
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

I am 'playing' Proteus.

If anyone is intrigued but unsure as to whether to buy it, it's basically an interactive version of this:

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Giaddon View Post
    You can skip the driving by holding down the action button by the car; your partner will drive you to the next destination (and it will skip straight there). I found that essential to my enjoyment of the game.

I know,but i rather drive :P Forgot to say what i also don't like,that game is so automatic about everything,you are chasing suspect across buildings and your character is doing everything automatically,you are jest holding forward and he jump,climb,jump over fences etc..Let me do something on my own jesus.

Otherwise liking what i see :D

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    @alms I'd love to try Iron Brigading with RPSers, PC gaming is terrain after all.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Just played LA Noire for two hours and half,driving is awful,fist fighting medicore and shootings fairly good. Its quite immersive game,also facial animation is nice,don't know why people bash it.
    I really liked it for what it was, some of the murder stories were quite nice, but in the end I could not bring myself to finish it. I just got bored with it. I think the most fun I had in this game was driving.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GallonOfAlan View Post
    I am 'playing' Proteus.

If anyone is intrigued but unsure as to whether to buy it, it's basically an interactive version of this:

Fal de la de la ro!

Quality song.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Finishing up NWN2:OC.

Apparently Bishop and Casavir have been fighting over my love when I kinda hate them both. Who knew?
    I only had Elanee in my party in the beginning and for her two personal quests and apparently that was enough to declare her undying love for my character. Doesn't really help that she comes over as some weird elven pedophile/stalker if you pass her influence checks and ask her about her past. Imagine the same character but male. It wouldn't work at all.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Finished Baldur's Gate 1.

It's worse than I remember, that's for sure. Not bad, but nowhere near as good as Shadows of Amn.

Combat heavily favors ranged characters because they can do crazy amounts of damage without getting hit. Now, the way healing works in D&D is ( at AD&D and 3-3.5 eds, I've never played 4th ) you generally don't heal while fighting (it's not very effective ), you do it after. Your melee guys will get hit, and even with very high ( eh, low in BG's case ) AC you'll get hit like mad. And you will run out of healing spells very fast and will have to rest quite often.

Most of the problems arise because you're low leveled and you don't have as many options as you would have in a P&P campaign. Then again if you've only played D&D on a computer you might not care as much. Oh and I didn't like their attempts at humor, but yeah. I remember liking it when I was younger so that's alright.

Overall, I liked it about as much as the original NWN but not as much as Hordes of the Underdark. It's very interesting to see how much they've improved for the second game though.

PS. I keep Elanee in my party in NWN2 just because I can keep hating her.

Banned
    Combat in BG favors ranged characters because of bow's fixed two attacks per round and the critical hit mechanics. The rest of your post is, well I won't even bother.