Page 624 of 1184 FirstFirst ... 1245245746146226236246256266346747241124 ... LastLast
Results 12,461 to 12,480 of 23666
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    I just want to say,prepare for incoming new PES2013 screens from me! The mod i was using got updated with AI patch so its time to sink back :9

So that's Rayman: Oranges finished. I went straight to the land of the Livid Dead once I got the final tricky treasure - it was indeed tricky - and I thought it was just a challenge level and I still had the final boss waiting for me in the flying factory. I realised that was not the case when I came to the actual final boss, and that was a really good boss fight. (But man, Leela really let herself go, hasn't she?)

Then I go back to the level after the tricky treasure, dance with the villain, run across some pipes, fly a fly through the flying factory, and witness an ending that gives a new meaning to the word 'anti-climax'. Which is totally okay, since the whole game takes the piss with what it has that resembles a plot. Then the credits roll again. I don't think I've ever seen such a long credits roll. It went on for so long that I discovered how to do the cartwheel attack halfway through. But there was one vocalist with the name of Christina Batman. Yes, really. I wonder if she did the squeaky voices? I gotta get the soundtrack and find out.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Nothing.

Have a long weekend in which to play a thing. Replay of The Witcher is on the cards, as is Mass Effect to lead me onto ME2 which I still haven’t played. Also have Rayman Oranges, Mark of the Ninja, Castle Crashers, Portal 1 and 2, DIshonored, Far Cry 3 and V:TM on the more friendly spectrum, and Dark Souls and Crusader Kings II to learn as more formidable options. Tell me what to play. I’m leaning towards Crusader Kings II but I also fear it might be too much like the work I’m holidaying away from in the first place.

Edit: Also both Batman games, The Walking Dead. Too many game.
    Last edited by sonson; 07-02-2013 at 01:13 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    As Necron, Spess Muhreens, Imperial Guards, Orkz or Chaos?
    Well. Tau.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    I’m leaning towards Crusader Kings II but I also fear it might be too much like the work I’m holidaying away from in the first place.
    What the hell do you do for a living? Whatever it is, I want your job!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    What the hell do you do for a living? Whatever it is, I want your job!
    Professional Incest and Regicide co-ordinator

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Nothing.

Have a long weekend in which to play a thing. Replay of The Witcher is on the cards, as is Mass Effect to lead me onto ME2 which I still havenít played. Also have Rayman Oranges, Mark of the Ninja, Castle Crashers, Portal 1 and 2, DIshonored, Far Cry 3 and V:TM on the more friendly spectrum, and Dark Souls and Crusader Kings II to learn as more formidable options. Tell me what to play. Iím leaning towards Crusader Kings II but I also fear it might be too much like the work Iím holidaying away from in the first place.

Edit: Also both Batman games, The Walking Dead. Too many game.

Starting Friday night: 3 hours Witcher, break, 2 hours Rayman Oranges, break, 2 hours Mark of the Ninja.
    3 hours sleep. No-break marathon ME and ME 2 ( I give you 5 hours). 1 hour Far Cry 3 (you get bored after that). 10 hours Dishonoured, break, 10 hours V:TM. Repeat last line till Sunday 2 o'clock in the morning.

Also do you have any vacancies?

Finished Rage and though I know not everyone is a fan to say the least, I enjoyed it so much I Instantly bought the DLC which is downloading now. It does have its flaws but it also gets so much right. The combat is excellent with the guns really having some meat to them and the death animations are the best I've seen in a game. The various characters were well done too.

I hope there'll be a sequel sometime after id have done Doom 4. If they tighten up the bits that don't quite work it would be a hell of a game. Oh, and give it a proper ending too as the ending to this one was fucking shit.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    My PES2013 spam officialy started in screenshot thread!! Wooo twoot :D

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    So I decided after playing a few 'lite' strategy games (and mostly not getting them) I'd try the Solium Infernum demo

and yes, I read the manual

Does anyone have any painkillers??

Activated Node
    I just noticed Half Life appear on the Steam for Linux list.

I think a whole bunch of Source games are about to go on my replay agenda. :D

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Professional Incest and Regicide co-ordinator
    My chancellor is trying to fabricate a claim on your job. Nothing personal. I wouldn't worry though, it'll probably take a few decades. The stupid bastard only got the job because he was dangerously close to rebelling.

My spymaster got his job on pure merits, though...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphyd View Post
    I just noticed Half Life appear on the Steam for Linux list.

I think a whole bunch of Source games are about to go on my replay agenda. :D
    Half-Life 1, so it might still be a while until Source (rather than GldSrc) games are on Linux. But it is inevitable.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

untrue, L4D and TF2 have already been made available, and have been worked on much longer than the older valve games. It of course takes much more work to port the newer Source games, but they're obviously first and foremost on valves agenda.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant god View Post
    untrue, L4D and TF2 have already been made available, and have been worked on much longer than the older valve games. It of course takes much more work to port the newer Source games, but they're obviously first and foremost on valves agenda.
    Fair enough, I haven't really been following too closely.

But either way, HL1 being available doesn't really mean anything in terms of most of Valve's titles.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    So I decided after playing a few 'lite' strategy games (and mostly not getting them) I'd try the Solium Infernum demo

and yes, I read the manual

Does anyone have any painkillers??
    Sweet sweet pain relief.
    http://www.scribd.com/mobile/doc/23753452
    http://www.scribd.com/mobile/doc/27948141
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    That's worth many many many painkillers - thx

I've been checking out the prototype version of Monaco that came with my pre-order. It seems like it's one of those games that can be played solo, but probably shouldn't. For maximum comedic effect it should be played co-op.

The best comparison I can make is something like Magicka, where you have a vague plan of how to proceed, somebody messes up, and then all hell breaks loose. The rest of the mission would be spent running away from guards and reviving people, until you can regroup and get to the objective. Very much looking forward to such hilarity the full version.

I think I've seen all that Rage has to offer me. I'm only a few hours in, but I'm really struggling to work up any enthusiasm to go back to it. The shooting is okay, but it's not drawing me in, so I'm going to leave it. In its place I've started Darksiders, so we'll see how that goes.

On the multiplayer front, Natural Selection 2 continues to take up a large chunk of my gaming time. Can't wait for the Gorgeous update at the end of February.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Just took my first spin on Euro Truck Simulator 2. I forced myself to go first-person to increase the authenticity, something I never do in driving games. Just made a run from Swansea to Southampton in half an hour. Yeah. It's not exactly to scale, but I did recognise landmarks. I made sure to transfer over all the music stored on my computer (legally bought) and blasted some Creedence the whole way there. Can save anytime you want, and the DRM is minimal. None of that online activation faff.

It was a lot of fun actually, which was surprising for one of these infamous simulation games. Whether it'll still be fun by tomorrow is another question entirely. I browsed through the little catalogue that came with the box during installation and sniggered at all the titles on offer - Forklift Truck Simulator, Underground Mining Simulator, Utility Vehicle Simulator, Oil Platform Simulator, Garbage Truck Simulator, Stone Quarry Simulator.

Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    I played it about a month and a half ago? or something like that so I don't remember much, only one I clearly remember is
    I had a suspicion you would say that, it's more of a play on words than a real puzzle, so yes it's cheap but it's also easy to figure that out one way or another, no real harm done IMO. It also gets so many things right, I wouldn't bear a grudge to it just because of that small, un-excellent puzzle.

BTW I've played through the beginning of the game again and it's a bit like that time you watched Fight Club for the second time. Vince Twelve's commentary so far is pretty interesting. I'm afraid we'll never hear Brian Silliman again in a Wadjeteye produced game, that's the second time I hear him say that "he sounds too similar to Azriel".
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"