Page 625 of 1241 FirstFirst ... 1255255756156236246256266276356757251125 ... LastLast
Results 12,481 to 12,500 of 24802
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Started playing Company of Heros, but wasn't feeling it.

Then started playing Darksiders and it had some of the worst screen tearing in cut scenes I've witnessed since the Resident Evil 5 demo. Then it crashed because I alt tabbed out.

Tonight is one of those "you shall not game" nights.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Screen tearing ? Never encountered it,sorry pal.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Started playing Company of Heros, but wasn't feeling it.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

KONAMI can't make proper pc games,why is there no AA in all of their fucking games. Playing PES is all nice and that,but not having AA..Even when forcing AA it doesn't work because engine doesn't support it ? wtf.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Well, there's always Fifa.

Is this the part where I run for cover?
    steam: sketch

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Screen tearing ? Never encountered it,sorry pal.
    Count yourself lucky, will try it again with forced VSync on.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I'll be honest, just not in a RTS mood. Going to give it another chance soon though, I heard it's a great game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post

Is this the part where I run for cover?

Something like that...

:p Jk,can't say fifa is bad but its not for my taste.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Been playing plenty of Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed and according to the in-game timer, it's taken about 16 hours, but I've beaten all of the World Tour on expert difficulty and obtained all of the stars. I've also completed all of the 10 grand prix events on expert and between them unlocked all the characters. Phew. It's a really, really strong game, with a whole lotta great content and fantastic production values. If you're interested in an arcade kart racer, I strongly recommend it.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Spazz Mesrine is a good bit of fun. Not really my kind of game but it has a nice powertrip feel to it. Not a huge fan of how it's basically impossible to not take damage. I know that's all part of being a heavily armoured war bastard but it just feels so ungentlemanly.

Played a ton of Sleeping Dogs last week. Fine GTA clone with some solid fighting mechanics and not many flaws for what it is.

In the indie front, Proteus was simply beautiful and evoked a genuine sense of discovery, as did Antichamber, which is without a doubt one of the best puzzle games I've ever played, even though I suck at it.

Edit: I forgot to mention Little Inferno, which was weirdly fun. Although understandably short, its nonetheless an enjoyable commentary on social games and entertainment as a whole, while still being reasonably fun (I'm looking at you, Spec Ops: The Line).
    Last edited by SirDavies; 08-02-2013 at 01:56 AM.

Antichamber is indeed quite good. I just got the yellow gun, and the puzzles are getting considerably more difficult. Although the lack of constance in the environment can occasionally be really detrimental to progression. Having a map that you can use for fast travel helps, but habitually wrapping space around itself, pocketing it in itself, and connecting corridors with one-way wormholes kind of makes the goal of mapping the levels futile.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    Been playing plenty of Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed and according to the in-game timer, it's taken about 16 hours, but I've beaten all of the World Tour on expert difficulty and obtained all of the stars. I've also completed all of the 10 grand prix events on expert and between them unlocked all the characters. Phew. It's a really, really strong game, with a whole lotta great content and fantastic production values. If you're interested in an arcade kart racer, I strongly recommend it.
    I find B class challenging enough at the moment, especially the flying bits and unlike Mario Cart people have beef with you even when you're already at 8th place. Also the level with the disco water vortex is annoying as hell, the last bit of the level is hard to handle.
    Last edited by Ravelle; 08-02-2013 at 02:05 AM.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    Seconded. I wont be obtaining all the stars (as I find pursuit tedious in the extreme and am terrible at ring races/tracks with lots of flying. I'm definitely much more used to the flying but some tracks I just don't quite get (the aircraft carrier one doesn't seem to have either risk boost or banking opportunities but simply going through the boost rings doesn't seem to do enough). I've found a preferred character (Nights, with the speed mod), which always helps, though I've been mixing it up and trying to level up a few others too (why are numbers going up always an extra driver when you're already having fun?!).

Got a fair way through the unlocks though (on 113 stars or so) and unlocked the mirror GPs. Generally I'm fine with most races on medium, a mixed bag on hard and can only do the easier/kart heavy races (classic cup is, for the most part, my friend!). Really enjoy expert even when losing though, the sense of speed and mayhem is increased and it's a heck of a lot of fun. I really like that this doesn't pull the Mario Kart trick of forcing you to play easy difficulty level if you want to unlock everything, as that was frankly tedious.

Played a little online too and got well and truly whipped but I think there are a few tracks where I could hold my own now.
    Last edited by Lambchops; 08-02-2013 at 02:11 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    I was a bit disappointed though to discover that when I unlocked expert mode, I had to do every event again, to complete the game, but at that point you have mastered it and as I've said before on here, starting at B rank was a mistake, so I don't know if it's necessarily bad that you have to take some time to get to the S rank, but I would've preferred it if it was always present and I could simply access it when I felt right, rather than having to unlock it, but it's a minor quibble at that.