Page 629 of 1265 FirstFirst ... 1295295796196276286296306316396797291129 ... LastLast
Results 12,561 to 12,580 of 25291
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barberetti View Post
    Just started S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SoC for the first time. 15 minutes in, and still at the "tweaking my setup/keybinds until I'm comfortable" stage. Anyone know how to bind the backslash key on a UK keyboard? The game's not accepting it from the menu, and I've tried editing the user.ltx file directly, and neither \, backslash, bslash, or bkslash work.

The ladders in this game are awesomely simple to use.

Can't help you with that,but can help you with little tip. The first area where you start,lets say the friendly village .. The house where wolf guy is standing,go on ladder and climb on roof,then take big leap and jump on another building infront of you. There you will need to crouch + lower crouch and inside the broken roof you'll find pretty decent suit to use.

Hope you understand my guidance haha :D

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by laneford View Post
    Mark of the Ninja​ is brilliant.
    Indeed it is. I should go back and do all the side missions and NG+.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    I should go back and do all the side missions and NG+.
    You should. I'm enjoying NG+ far more than my first playthrough.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    Finished up my pacifist run of Mirror's Edge on hard difficulty. Although I think that this playstyle fits the overall theme and gameplay way better than a combat heavy approach, it also accentuates the flaws and more frustrating moments of the game.
    I noticed that. It's sort of, makes the best better and the worst...worser. Not that it's ever unplayable, but it's a shame the way the combat plays out. It was damn satisfying completing it on that set-up though.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldrath View Post
    Also playing Danica Patrick? What the Hell & All-Stars Racing Transformed, which is immensely fun, but I'm quite awful at it. Getting the hang of drifting, though.
    I don't know anyone who likes the inclusion of DP, but at the same time, it gave them more money, presumably, to fund the game so I'm okay with it. Her aside, her set-up is cool, her car looks neat and the boat is an homage to Hydro Thunder, so it's not too bad all round.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Hope you understand my guidance haha :D
    Yep, got the suit. Thanks man :)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    Indeed it is. I should go back and do all the side missions and NG+.
    Pardon my ignorance, but what is NG+?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Yep, got the suit. Thanks man :)

No problemo.

Second season,second club,Willem. I aquired some skills so i hope will do better this year (PES 13).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Raaritsgozilla View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but what is NG+?
    New Game Plus, it's a game mode that when you finish the game and it then lets you play through the story again, but you keep your upgrades and weapons and unlocks for the new game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    That's Dark Crusade finished, and my RTS itch dealt with. The final Chaos mission was incredibly irritating, which was a shame because the Human and Eldar strongholds were a lot of fun to take down.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    That's Dark Crusade finished, and my RTS itch dealt with. The final Chaos mission was incredibly irritating, which was a shame because the Human and Eldar strongholds were a lot of fun to take down.
    All those meat shields...
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Watch me fail as Nobunaga

I hope to god none of the games coming out this year are decent. I'm really getting into Dark Souls and I don't want anything distracting me before I've finished it (and the rate I am going, that's going to take around 6 months). I have even began resenting my friends for making me play DOTA 2 as time spent on that is time wasted when I could be kicking Quelaags arse.

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    Just started S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SoC for the first time. 15 minutes in, and still at the "tweaking my setup/keybinds until I'm comfortable" stage. Anyone know how to bind the backslash key on a UK keyboard? The game's not accepting it from the menu, and I've tried editing the user.ltx file directly, and neither \, backslash, bslash, or bkslash work.

The ladders in this game are awesomely simple to use.
    As a workaround, you can use autohotkey: http://www.autohotkey.com/ It allows you to rebind any key on the keyboard (and a lot of other stuff too). So you can bind your troublesome backslash key to P or something else that you wouldn't use in the game anyway. I use a similar method for games that have a problem with the additional buttons on my mouse, though my mouse software allows that sort of trickery by default so I don't need AHK for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    New Game Plus, it's a game mode that when you finish the game and it then lets you play through the story again, but you keep your upgrades and weapons and unlocks for the new game.
    Also some of the noise circles are turned off (not many, though - I wonder if that's intended), and more importantly, you can only see in the direction your character is facing, which makes for some interesting situations.

At the end of the day, NG+ is not that much harder (although getting much better at it surely skews my perception) but I'd dare say it's the real game: with basically the full array of equipment and styles, you can pick your strategy according to the level and your goals/intended style.

My steam clock sits at 23 hours right now with 3 levels to go; with the lone seal missing here and there, and 1 style still locked (I suppose it's the reward for completing NG+), I'll be surprised if it doesn't get close to 30 before I'm done with it. Definitely one of my GOTYs for 2012.

In other news, getting irked with the inaccuracy of controls in Chime.
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    My steam clock sits at 23 hours right now with 3 levels to go; with the lone seal missing here and there, and 1 style still locked (I suppose it's the reward for completing NG+), I'll be surprised if it doesn't get close to 30 before I'm done with it. Definitely one of my GOTYs for 2012.
    Styles are rewarded for completing seals, I believe. I haven't started NG+ and I have all styles.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    I'm in a City building mood these days so gave Cities XL '12 a go, neat little game. I was doing alright until my population hit the 50k mark and the complaints kept coming in, roads have bad Congression, fuel is expensive, electricity is expensive, not enough jobs even though there are still unbuild plots available.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Rebooted SimCity 4. Went to 300k citizens. Now pruning to make the city... well, if not prettier, then more cohesive. Y'know, proper street walls and all that. Screens forthcoming when I get home.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Any good sites for SimCity 4 guides?

I have a city (more of a large town really) going and it's plodding along, generating a bit of cash but it's not up to much.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I have started a game of Skyrim with some custom rules I have made up to simulate being a Bard.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Any good sites for SimCity 4 guides?

I have a city (more of a large town really) going and it's plodding along, generating a bit of cash but it's not up to much.
    I'd appreciate this too. At this point I'm sort of stuck with a slightly profitable city with a ton of dirty industry and not much to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Styles are rewarded for completing seals, I believe. I haven't started NG+ and I have all styles.
    You're right, it's the last technique that still says "advance in the game".