Page 631 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 1315315816216296306316326336416817311131 ... LastLast
Results 12,601 to 12,620 of 24102
    I'll just go for walkthroughs if I'm really stuck in any game. I don't want to spoil the experience but spoiling DX isn't much of a problem when there just so many ways to brea- I mean, play this game
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    About Paul:
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoiler
    You don't need lam's to save him. The one thing that matters is leaving the hotel by way of the window or not. That flags paul as dead. Exiting by another route, or even just getting killed inside the hotel, is enough to avoid that trigger. Conversely, if you kill all the enemies inside, and then exit through the window, he dies anyway.
    I agree that the game is best experienced without outside input though. I discovered the above - and countless other things - long after I finished the game the first time, and was duly astonished.

Actually you can save him and he's still kicking afterwards. you just have to 'die' first, iirc but for the sake of spoilers, I think I shouldn't say anything else
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

I was playing Darksiders, but I got thorougly bored about halfway through. Replaying Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow right now.

Finished NWN2. Well, for some reason I didn't realize Dragon Age: Origins was so much like it apart from the setting and ruleset. There are a lot of similar things that is for sure. Then again the only time I've finished NWN2 OC was when it first came out, to my surprise I didn't even remember almost anything that happens after the keep battle.

Then I started MotB and after the first hour I was killing much stronger things than the main bad guy in NWN2, hehe. The shift in quality is noticeable in seconds though, it really does everything better ( which I also didn't notice at the time ). I should be done with it today, I'm not required to study or work till 22nd so I can get through these long games fast.

Next up: Arcanum or Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. Or maybe Redemption if my cds work. I've always liked Christof.
    Last edited by Caddybear; 12-02-2013 at 11:20 AM.

I am currently playing Red Dead Redemption and Metal Gear Solid HD Collection and The Halo Series from beginning to end.

"But Iron, those are all console games! What's gotten into you? This is a PC gaming site! Glorious PC master race and all that!"
    Yes, I know, and it pains me to have to do this, but my computer is dead, and my only gaming outlet is that smallish white box I keep downstairs. It's alright, though - I'll have a brilliant new tower coming in within the next few days and I'll be back playing Skyrim and The Witcher 2 and all those graphics intensive games that I've been yearning to play.

But Red Dead Redemption is really worth owning a consolebox for, really. It's wonderful. Can't stop playing the poker.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by SirDavies View Post
    Apparently I'm the worst Antichamber player ever because it took me almost 14 hours to complete even though the average is around 3-4. Oh well, it was freaking fun anyway.
    It took me about the same time, but that's mainly because I completely ignored the puzzle before The Chase until hour 12 because I convinced myself that the actually important puzzles were elsewhere. After I worked out that I actually needed to *solve* that puzzle, the rest of the game went very quickly, despite the one puzzle involving physical coordination... (Plus I spent at least 4 hours building huge staircases to get out of pits, which is clearly not an optimal solution to that issue, and trying to do the few timing or luck related puzzles in the game. I suck at timing puzzles. There are still a couple of rooms I've not opened, and at least 2 of them I know how to do, but I can't physically do it, despite hours of trying.)

Quote Originally Posted by aoanla View Post
    It took me about the same time, but that's mainly because I completely ignored the puzzle before The Chase until hour 12 because I convinced myself that the actually important puzzles were elsewhere. After I worked out that I actually needed to *solve* that puzzle, the rest of the game went very quickly, despite the one puzzle involving physical coordination... (Plus I spent at least 4 hours building huge staircases to get out of pits, which is clearly not an optimal solution to that issue, and trying to do the few timing or luck related puzzles in the game. I suck at timing puzzles. There are still a couple of rooms I've not opened, and at least 2 of them I know how to do, but I can't physically do it, despite hours of trying.)
    Did you figure out the elevator trick? That pretty much makes staircases redundant. You need the yellow gun, though.

I remember that one timing puzzle, it was in the room that said something about fuses. I had to count the number of blocks in each track, which was a real pain in the ass. It's one of the few puzzles where the execution was more difficult than the actual solution. Those are in the minority, though, and if you think you know the solution but lack the skill, there's probably something you're missing.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    Did you figure out the elevator trick? That pretty much makes staircases redundant. You need the yellow gun, though.
    I know the elevator trick. Unfortunately, I'm one of the people who're playing at a lower-than-optimal framerate, which causes several physics things (including the clipping detection that makes the elevator trick work) unreliable. It means I tend to unpredictably fall off when using that trick to move large distances. So, I built staircases instead, as they work reliably for me.

I remember that one timing puzzle, it was in the room that said something about fuses. I had to count the number of blocks in each track, which was a real pain in the ass. It's one of the few puzzles where the execution was more difficult than the actual solution. Those are in the minority, though, and if you think you know the solution but lack the skill, there's probably something you're missing.
    Actually, I didn't mean that one (although I did find that one horrible because in general, I found block-placement sometimes just didn't work (sometimes the game won't let me place a block on the side of a block that I want to, regardless of how many times I try, which also made staircase building... interesting) I eventually just did the other route to the same room, and solved that one with the yellow gun). I mean the one with the central white column (which I also discovered is a puzzle which is, yes, frame-rate dependant as to if it works or not. Thanks developers!) which I convinced myself was critical to getting to the next gun. And wasted much time bouncing off of.
    I also realised, in retrospect, that I spent a considerable amount of time trying to solve puzzles which I didn't have the equipment for (and sometimes I succeeded).

Mostly my problem was glitchy physics and being unobservant. The puzzles themselves were fine.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIronSky View Post
    But Red Dead Redemption is really worth owning a consolebox for, really. It's wonderful. Can't stop playing the poker.

I'm still waiting for pc release haha :D

Otherwise i still have to replay RvS i started few weeks ago,same with Swat 4. I put 34 hours in to a skryim,then stopped playing it and now i can't return back,don't know why. Also started LA Noire,at first really great but now it become very repetitive. There is also Silent Storm and right now for few days i have been playing PES 13,can't get enough of it.

Also tonight PSG vs Valencia,fuck yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    I'm still waiting for pc release haha :D
    Me too, I'd love to play Red Dead Redemption.

After leaving Taris, Im starting to enjoy the game. Just finished Dantooine and Kashyyk. Now Im trying to decide if I should go to Tatooine or Manaan.

Oh! and I love irritating Bastilla. :D
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mnemnoch View Post
    After leaving Taris, Im starting to enjoy the game. Just finished Dantooine and Kashyyk. Now Im trying to decide if I should go to Tatooine or Manaan.

Oh! and I love irritating Bastilla. :D
    Yeah... Manaan may actually be worse than Taris. The main part is pretty good, but there is a VERY long slog that is just tedious as crap.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Yeah... Manaan may actually be worse than Taris. The main part is pretty good, but there is a VERY long slog that is just tedious as crap.
    Is Manaan is as long as Taris? I dont think I can muster enough enthusiasm to finish the game if thats the case given that Im only playing Kotor in preparation to Sith Lord.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mnemnoch View Post
    Is Manaan is as long as Taris? I dont think I can muster enough enthusiasm to finish the game if thats the case given that Im only playing Kotor in preparation to Sith Lord.
    In terms of actual time, I have no idea (if someone can chime in, that would be awesome).

But I always found that it FELT longer because (not too spoilery, but you might care): You spend a sizeable portion of the MQ part of it in an underwater diving suit. Said suit can't run and there is no (meaningful) combat, so it is just "Walk, trigger dialogue, walk, do puzzle from Die Hard 3, walk, walk, walk".
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Network Hub
    Just finished the main storyline playthrough of Amnesia: The Dark Descent. I've heard all of the stories and podcasts talking about how scary that game is, but WOW, the sounds really got to me (I wimped out and had to play it with the lights on). Most scary games don't affect me too much, but the audio with nice surround headphones create an amazing sense of vulnerability and dread. Fantastic game.

I think I'm going to let it sink in for a week or so before I dive into the Justine DLC and the many fantastic mods available.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    In terms of actual time, I have no idea (if someone can chime in, that would be awesome).

But I always found that it FELT longer because (not too spoilery, but you might care): You spend a sizeable portion of the MQ part of it in an underwater diving suit. Said suit can't run and there is no (meaningful) combat, so it is just "Walk, trigger dialogue, walk, do puzzle from Die Hard 3, walk, walk, walk".
    That part is doable in genuinely 15 or so minutes. Don't worry, Manaan is fine and has some interesting sidequests.
    steam: sketch

@gundato

Ouch! Im thinking of just going to another planet if Im bored with Manaan but it may not be that easy.

@kstress71

That reminds me, I still haven't finish Amnesia and I don't know why XD

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    ^^ Are you sure you don't know why.. :P

@Sketch

15 mins to 1 hour I can live with.

Also does the player in Kotor will be mention in Sith Lord? I played Sith Lord years before, I remember Bastilla and Revan, Im not sure about the player.

@DaftPunk

Im not really sure why. One minute Im enjoying the game and the next second I alt-F4 back to desktop...