Page 633 of 1165 FirstFirst ... 1335335836236316326336346356436837331133 ... LastLast
Results 12,641 to 12,660 of 23286
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Damn, oh well, time to start over so. One other thing about the roads to elsewhere, suppose I have no other cities or towns on the map, do I still get offers from computer controlled ones? I would hope so anyway.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Damn, oh well, time to start over so. One other thing about the roads to elsewhere, suppose I have no other cities or towns on the map, do I still get offers from computer controlled ones? I would hope so anyway.
    The roads to elsewhere are to increase the cap for industry. It's an abstraction of export capacity.

You cannot, however, get deals going unless there's an adjacent city that needs/has what you have/want, which usually means building one.

But yeah, SC4 is definitely one of those "save early, save often" games.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

I think the worst part about Ys: Oath in Felghana's boss fight (besides being bastard hard) is that when you actually do end up beating them you often have almost all of your health left because you learn to dodge all of their attacks. Bosses in this game do not only deal massive amounts of damage they also have large health pools. Then you go "Well, that wasn't too difficult after all" and you wonder what you did that last hour while you almost broke your wrist, dying dozens of times and somehow manage to not bite into the gamepad. Honestly, I barely feel my right thumb right now, I don't think that's supposed to happen.
    Considering I'm only about halfway through the game and the bosses only got worse I dare not to think what's next. That was the last boss I fought:

to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Not to mention that the boss fights play entirely different from the frenetic button mashing of the regular combat. One minute you're dashing around a drugged-up Link and the next you're playing a Cave shooter.

Ys sounds like a cuter version of Dark Souls. Correct?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I m continuing an old save for Planescape Torment (first time playing it/continuing). I have a question if anyone knows: is it normal that I cannot add points when leveling up? I was trained as a thief and then as mage but when I level up I click the 'level up' button and see the stats but I cannot add any points (for NO and both party members). Is that normal?

I can't remember how it was last time I played, it was more than a year ago. I read somewhere that maybe you are carrying a 'cursed' item or something but I can't see anything in the inventory. I m getting my ass kicked in the Catacombs and I m starting to think maybe something's going wrong in my game. I also have a few quests I did not finish in the Hive but they' re secondary (I think).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    I don't think you get free points to distribute every time you level up, but I might be misremembering.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    Ys sounds like a cuter version of Dark Souls. Correct?
    Maybe Dark Souls with the fast-forward button stuck on.

Planetside 2 with my brand new gaming computer. I believe the correct expression here is "purrty".

I ran into a bunch of RPS'ers last night somewhere a bit north of The Crown. I have to figure out how to join you one of these days.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Velko View Post
    Planetside 2 with my brand new gaming computer. I believe the correct expression here is "purrty".

I ran into a bunch of RPS'ers last night somewhere a bit north of The Crown. I have to figure out how to join you one of these days.
    We have a sub-forum located here

Quickest way to join us, go onto mumble, join the room we're all in, log into planetside 2 and ask for an invite to the outfit and the platoon. Most of us play Vanu, but if you want to play NC or TR I believe one of those factions plays on a friday night (NC iirc).

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    We have a sub-forum located here

Quickest way to join us, go onto mumble, join the room we're all in, log into planetside 2 and ask for an invite to the outfit and the platoon. Most of us play Vanu, but if you want to play NC or TR I believe one of those factions plays on a friday night (NC iirc).
    Thanks! I'll keep that in mind.

Oh, and it's Purple Disco Inferno all the way...

I'm in a but of a rut -- I have many games available to play, most of them acclaimed, but I'm not really feeling inspired to play any of them. I'm trying to continue my recent trend of playing games I can play from the couch as that feels a bit more sociable than sitting hunched over my PC with my headphones on.

• I'm toying a bit with Darksiders 2 but it really is kind of hollow
    • I tried Mark of the Ninja, and really liked it, but I was a bit drunk and kept messing up the stealth
    • Witcher 2, is supposedly playable with a controller but the camera sensitivity is way too high
    • I am too sad about the collapse of my Classic Iron Man XCOM game to feel like starting over

So I reinstalled Batman: Air Conditioning and Deus Ex: Human Resources, both of which I previously barely scratched the surface of. I'm not sure how controller-friendly DXHR will turn out to be, but I feel more like shooting dudes than biffing them.

Also, Unity of Command is far too hard. I can't even figure out the first easy Soviet scenario. I feel like there is something fundamental that I just do not understand yet. (it is worth noting that I do not have a strategy brain)

XCOM and I'm closing in the Sectoid Commanders after I cleared out the rest of the splashed Supply Barge. Thankfully, no robots. I hope my psychics get promoted soon. Just having MindFray kinda feels a bit too underwhelming at times and sometimes less useful than I expected.

Other than that, RCT. It gets really annoying when I build a rollercoaster and after a few sections in a track, I ran out of koney and have to wait a few minutes till I get to play just one measly piece of a track. But what am I complaining about, anyway. It's just business as usual.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    Just having MindFray kinda feels a bit too underwhelming at times and sometimes less useful than I expected.
    Mindfray can be a guaranteed five damage if your psychic's will is high enough. That's a handy tool to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Jams O'Donnell View Post
    Mindfray can be a guaranteed five damage if your psychic's will is high enough. That's a handy tool to have.
    Especially when the dude you're gonna kill is in full cover and the chances of hitting him with a weapon is laughable. But in most cases in my playthrough, it's a bit redundant when the target would get crit-hitted as it eats plasmas anyway.
    Art blog here.

Here is my backlog, what should I play first?

Last edited by JohnD; 13-02-2013 at 12:56 PM.

Steam, I guess

But seriously, DX
    Art blog here.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Call of Booty: Modern Whorefare

Proud of this pun. Not even playing COD. Just thought it up.

Finished Mask of the Betrayer. Obsidian really got what makes epic levels, which isn't really done well in other computer games... when you are that powerful even your personal problems can destroy countries.

Which is of course usually undermined by the usual low level plot of saving the world as well. I mean, if you save the world at level 16; saving it again at 30 doesn't sound very good.

Now I'm going to pick one of the following:

KA:Reckoning
    Planescape:Torment
    Icewind Dale 2
    Arcanum
    VtM:Bloodlines
    KOTOR 2

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Start with Splinter Cell then continue with the right path --->