Page 634 of 1185 FirstFirst ... 1345345846246326336346356366446847341134 ... LastLast
Results 12,661 to 12,680 of 23689
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    Steam, I guess

But seriously, DX

Deus Ex? I must admit the New Vision mod makes it very, very tempting, and I absolutely loved loved loved Human Revolution.

Then you'll love this even more. Then, you play the Malkavian Mod ;)
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Quote Originally Posted by Caddybear View Post
    Finished Mask of the Betrayer. Obsidian really got what makes epic levels, which isn't really done well in other computer games... when you are that powerful even your personal problems can destroy countries.

Which is of course usually undermined by the usual low level plot of saving the world as well. I mean, if you save the world at level 16; saving it again at 30 doesn't sound very good.

Now I'm going to pick one of the following:

KA:Reckoning
    Planescape:Torment
    Icewind Dale 2
    Arcanum
    VtM:Bloodlines
    KOTOR 2
    That is a hell of a good list! I'd kill to play some of those games again for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Quasitriangular View Post
    I'd kill to play some of those games again for the first time.
    I hope you don't believe in reincarnation.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kataras View Post
    I m continuing an old save for Planescape Torment (first time playing it/continuing). I have a question if anyone knows: is it normal that I cannot add points when leveling up? I was trained as a thief and then as mage but when I level up I click the 'level up' button and see the stats but I cannot add any points (for NO and both party members). Is that normal?

I can't remember how it was last time I played, it was more than a year ago. I read somewhere that maybe you are carrying a 'cursed' item or something but I can't see anything in the inventory. I m getting my ass kicked in the Catacombs and I m starting to think maybe something's going wrong in my game. I also have a few quests I did not finish in the Hive but they' re secondary (I think).
    Your stats - STR, DEX, CON, INT, WIS, CHA - are mostly fixed with increases available only occasionally, as an exception rather than a rule. The only 'points' you can distribute on levelling up would be those for thief skills, and you only get those if your class is set to Thief (the NO can be either Fighter, Mage or Thief, with no dual or multiclassing allowed if I recall correctly). As a fighter you'd slowly build up Unused Proficiency points which you can then turn useful through trainer NPCs, while as a Mage it's the usual new spell slots deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Quasitriangular View Post
    That is a hell of a good list! I'd kill to play some of those games again for the first time.
    I havn't played any of them, want to be me?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    I havn't played any of them, want to be me?
    Yes. I wish I was playing them for the first time as well. You should play ALL of them by the way. Each one a great game in it's own right. Maybe not KoA:Reckoning, but it isn't too bad either. I picked it up for 5€ from the Origin sale.

Anyway, I picked Arcanum and made an elf lady mage who sold her soul. I never played evil on that game before so I'll see if I can join up with the dark elves. I remember being able to kill the quest NPCs and call their souls back from oblivion to question them so I guess Arcanum is pretty damn good when it comes to allowing you to be evil.

Then DaftPunk made that MechCommander thread and I went back to playing that.. on HARD. It's bastard hard on regular so I'll see how hard goes. It wasn't very promising, in the first mission a single Commando took out one of my Commandos and the Uller almost took out my Firestarter. I love this game. I'll see if I can salvage the Mad Cat in the 3rd mission.

I've also started playing a bit of Age of Wonders. Even the music brings tears to my eyes, although I had to play it in secret most of the time so I didn't have the sound on.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    Your stats - STR, DEX, CON, INT, WIS, CHA - are mostly fixed with increases available only occasionally, as an exception rather than a rule. The only 'points' you can distribute on levelling up would be those for thief skills, and you only get those if your class is set to Thief (the NO can be either Fighter, Mage or Thief, with no dual or multiclassing allowed if I recall correctly). As a fighter you'd slowly build up Unused Proficiency points which you can then turn useful through trainer NPCs, while as a Mage it's the usual new spell slots deal.
    I don't think it's that. It's more that you only start getting ability points again after your new class surpass the level of the old one. So if you are a level 8 fighter, switch to a level 3 mage, you'll only get points for CON, INT, etc., after you reach level 9 as a mage. It shouldn't affect the rest of the party, though.

Quote Originally Posted by aoanla View Post
    I know the elevator trick. Unfortunately, I'm one of the people who're playing at a lower-than-optimal framerate, which causes several physics things (including the clipping detection that makes the elevator trick work) unreliable. It means I tend to unpredictably fall off when using that trick to move large distances. So, I built staircases instead, as they work reliably for me.

Actually, I didn't mean that one (although I did find that one horrible because in general, I found block-placement sometimes just didn't work (sometimes the game won't let me place a block on the side of a block that I want to, regardless of how many times I try, which also made staircase building... interesting) I eventually just did the other route to the same room, and solved that one with the yellow gun). I mean the one with the central white column (which I also discovered is a puzzle which is, yes, frame-rate dependant as to if it works or not. Thanks developers!) which I convinced myself was critical to getting to the next gun. And wasted much time bouncing off of.
    I also realised, in retrospect, that I spent a considerable amount of time trying to solve puzzles which I didn't have the equipment for (and sometimes I succeeded).

Mostly my problem was glitchy physics and being unobservant. The puzzles themselves were fine.
    I think what made my playthrough so long is that I didn't discover some of the cube duplication techniques until I accidentally made a square and saw it fill up. By that point I had spent several hours discovering rooms and puzzles that weren't supposed to be solved until much later. When I discovered that I could make limitless cubes and that when you delete a cube in the middle of a line the shorter end of it deletes automatically it was pretty straightforward. As for that timed challenge where you have to open like 6 doors, I just opened them one by one and placed a cube on top so they wouldn't close.

I've played Dear Esther today. Cute experiment. I'm pretty sure I figured out the most effective and comfortable way of playing it:

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldrath View Post
    I don't think it's that. It's more that you only start getting ability points again after your new class surpass the level of the old one. So if you are a level 8 fighter, switch to a level 3 mage, you'll only get points for CON, INT, etc., after you reach level 9 as a mage. It shouldn't affect the rest of the party, though.
    Dual classing doesn't work like that in PS:T. In BG you click the Dual Class button and that freezes your original class, levelling up your character in the new class only and cutting off the old class abilities until the new class level surpasses it. In PS:T you can switch between them at will by talking to certain characters, but the abilities from one will never be available as the other. So you can have 10 levels of Thief, but if you talk to Dakkon and ask to switch to fighter you will not have access to any of those Thief abilities (no backstab, lockpick, stealth etc). Likewise, you wouldn't be able to cast spells unless your currently set to Mage. It means there really is no point in mixing classes at all in PS:T.

Ability values are fixed apart from class-dependant bonuses at levels 7 and 12, and rewards for completing various quests or making various decisions. Full breakdown is here, although beware there will be spoilers all over the place.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    Dual classing doesn't work like that in PS:T. In BG you click the Dual Class button and that freezes your original class, levelling up your character in the new class only and cutting off the old class abilities until the new class level surpasses it. In PS:T you can switch between them at will by talking to certain characters, but the abilities from one will never be available as the other. So you can have 10 levels of Thief, but if you talk to Dakkon and ask to switch to fighter you will not have access to any of those Thief abilities (no backstab, lockpick, stealth etc). Likewise, you wouldn't be able to cast spells unless your currently set to Mage. It means there really is no point in mixing classes at all in PS:T.

Ability values are fixed apart from class-dependant bonuses at levels 7 and 12, and rewards for completing various quests or making various decisions. Full breakdown is here, although beware there will be spoilers all over the place.
    I messed up, though. I meant to say Character Points, not ability points, so we're talking about different things here, and we're both correct :) Apologies. We don't know exactly what Kataras was talking about (character or ability points), but I hope he can piece the answer together now!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Baldur's Gate: Throne of Bhaal also got epic levels perfectly. The part where you kill the army of Tethyr is amazing.

Obscure Node
    I alwalys perfer such games love to play.
    Rage .
    Crysis 2.
    Fifa 2012 .
    Call of Duty Black Ops 2.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldrath View Post
    I messed up, though. I meant to say Character Points, not ability points, so we're talking about different things here, and we're both correct :) Apologies. We don't know exactly what Kataras was talking about (character or ability points), but I hope he can piece the answer together now!
    Thanks everyone for the answers. I was talking about points to Strength etc, I am not sure what they re called (Character points?). I switched to Mage (I think level 2 or 3 for the moment) a short time ago, before that I was playing as Thief. I thin i will go back to the Hive and finish off some quests, buy some tattoos and see how that goes. thanks!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Caddybear View Post

I've also started playing a bit of Age of Wonders. Even the music brings tears to my eyes, although I had to play it in secret most of the time so I didn't have the sound on.
    Music in Age of Wonders is incredible. Not been many better soundtracks before or since.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vhfDER9J_E

Why are you playing it in secret?
    Last edited by sonson; 14-02-2013 at 10:00 AM.

I'm trying to get in to Napoleon Total War. Is it advisable to install Darth Mod for a first playthrough? And what should I pay most attention to? Cool tips are very welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    Why are you playing it in secret?
    When it came out in '99 I was in my first year at high school and since I went to the most prestigious one in the city ( and like 6th in the country ) there were.. a lot of expectations. My parents didn't like me spending all my waking hours playing computer games so I was only allowed about 3 or 4 hours in weekdays after studies.

What I had to do was obvious to me, I would pretend to sleep until my mother went to bed at 1 and I'd play AoW with lights turned off until about 5 when my dad would come home ( He used to own a nightclub ). I couldn't do this every day, but a few days a week was enough for me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    maxed out Dragon Age doesn't look any good :/ I mean its decent looking but i want more. Also are there any important mods for this game that doesn't change the core of game,first playthrough for me,playing mage,its fun. Just done harrowing wootwoot :D

For Dragon Age:

http://dragonage.nexusmods.com/mods/686/ Makes people better looking, lore friendly better looking, or just improved textures.

http://dragonage.nexusmods.com/mods/392/ More hairstyles .. well because game devs still don't know how to make decent hair choices.

http://dragonage.nexusmods.com/mods/1660/ Great looking armor set, I don't know about the stats, I didn't play with this one.

http://dragonage.nexusmods.com/mods/202 No helmet hack. Because the default helmets in this game look like crap.

There are some other mods but most of the armor/weapon mods are cheaty. There are also mods to skip some boring parts but since it's your first time just play through them.
    Last edited by Caddybear; 14-02-2013 at 04:51 PM.