Page 635 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 135535585625633634635636637645685735 ... LastLast
Results 12,681 to 12,700 of 22630
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Thank you,will install "Dragon Age Redesigned Version 7.3a",i looked up for some others mods on nexus but nothing really interesting. There was one which makes athmoshpere better but i need to start new game which is a no from me :D

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Caddybear View Post
    When it came out in '99 I was in my first year at high school and since I went to the most prestigious one in the city ( and like 6th in the country ) there were.. a lot of expectations. My parents didn't like me spending all my waking hours playing computer games so I was only allowed about 3 or 4 hours in weekdays after studies.

What I had to do was obvious to me, I would pretend to sleep until my mother went to bed at 1 and I'd play AoW with lights turned off until about 5 when my dad would come home ( He used to own a nightclub ). I couldn't do this every day, but a few days a week was enough for me.
    I see three Age of Wonders on gog. Which is the good one? Presumably the one you played is not Shadow Magic since it was released in 2004.

Eh, all of them are good but I like the Original AoW the best. First love and all. If you get Shadow Magic, there is no reason to get AoW2 apart from the campaign because SM is like a standalone expansion which adds 2 races and some other things.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oshada View Post
    I'm trying to get in to Napoleon Total War. Is it advisable to install Darth Mod for a first playthrough? And what should I pay most attention to? Cool tips are very welcome.
    Just try vanilla to begin with to see how you find it. I've only had time to play the Italian campaign so far and everything was pretty great. I imagine doing one of the bigger, full campaigns could benefit from a mod but it'd be a shame to never try the normal version.
    As for tips all I can say is that, for the Italian campaign at least, keep an eye on the month and year as you don't get a lot of time to complete the main objective. I beat it with two months (two turns) left on the clock, and that was with some good tactics and lots of luck.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    And stay out of buildings if your foe has cannon.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

I did manage to beat Ys: The Oath in Felghana. I was quite right about the boss difficulty escalation. The second fight against Chester is nigh impossible without either level grinding (in a game that doesn't really do level grinding) and abusing the invincibility frames on the earth bracelet. He's lightning fast, hits like a truck, has no weaknesses and barely provides any opening for you to hit him without getting hit yourself. He might be worse than the final boss if that one wasn't about three times as long.
    The final boss was really well done, mechanically. The first and last phases were oddly easy after figuring out the patterns but the second phase more than made up for it. I was closing to giving up at some point but after about 1-2 hours of dying miserably I finally made it.

to wound the autumnal city.

MechCommander. Managed to salvage a Mad Cat without resorting to cheesy tactics ... at the cost of Beast's life and Lynx is badly wounded. We will remember Beast's sacrifice, but a salvaged Mad Cat is a machine of destruction... well even more so than the some of the mechs heavier than it is.

But maybe it doesn't bode so well that after 4 missions 2 of my best pilots are injured, one pilot has died and all I have is MechWarriors fresh out of academy.
    Last edited by Caddybear; 15-02-2013 at 12:10 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Just played some Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed online. 9 player 'Capture the Chao'/Battle Arena is chaotic as hell, but equally as fun. New patch has really helped players join games, it's great. I'd love to play some time with some RPS lot, maybe on a scheduled occasion.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    Just played some Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed online. 9 player 'Capture the Chao'/Battle Arena is chaotic as hell, but equally as fun. New patch has really helped players join games, it's great. I'd love to play some time with some RPS lot, maybe on a scheduled occasion.
    Also played some but got stuck on a Time Attack and a Ring Race, the one with the fire dinosaur cave. That part of the level just doesn't allow you to make the slightest mistake or you're pinballing all over the place and it's game over.

Blood Bowl Geez, Louise I am pretty terrible at this game, it's a game rough getting in to.

Luigi's Mansion The aiming is kind of a pain but awesome game, currently 13/50 Boos hunted so far.

Ni No Kuni 63 Hours in and no idea how far in the story I actually am, there's so much to do though so it will keep me busy for quite a while.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Caddybear View Post
    MechCommander. Managed to salvage a Mad Cat without resorting to cheesy tactics ... at the cost of Beast's life and Lynx is badly wounded. We will remember Beast's sacrifice, but a salvaged Mad Cat is a machine of destruction... well even more so than the some of the mechs heavier than it is.

But maybe it doesn't bode so well that after 4 missions 2 of my best pilots are injured, one pilot has died and all I have is MechWarriors fresh out of academy.

Would love to just watch you play this game :D

Me,i played Dragon Age for 3-4 hours today,on normal. It was hard :(

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Would love to just watch you play this game :D

Me,i played Dragon Age for 3-4 hours today,on normal. It was hard :(
    I stopped playing Dragon Age when I ran into a mob with a wizard guy that blasted my dudes dead in no time, plus normal melee dudes and with no healer in team I was stuck. =/
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

I played a bit of Inquisitor, the self-styled old school RPG available on GOG. I bought it during the winter sale, despite the rather negative reviews and really, how bad could it be?

Jesus Christ.

Inquisitor's stamina system is the single worst, most unfun game mechanic I have ever seen. If somebody gave me unlimited time and resources I'm pretty sure I couldn't come up with something worse. After just about ten minutes into the game I wished for the developers to be dragged into the deepest pits of the abyss.
    Basically, every combat action uses up stamina, from basic melee attacks to casting spells (in addition to mana). However, every action takes up a lot of stamina and you basically have none, even if you invest in constitution. It does not regenerate unless you stand perfectly still and even then only about one stamina point per second. Oh, and it also does not regenerate during conversations or even looking at your character sheet or inventory. I really hope you enjoy the landscape or brought a book because you will spend more time with either than playing the goddamn game. It's a disaster.
    While the actual inquisition aspect might be somewhat interesting, it's dramatically overshadowed by the incredibly poor combat. In the end, it's really just a worse Lionheart. Yeah, I just went there. It's that bad.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    I played a bit of Inquisitor, the self-styled old school RPG available on GOG. I bought it during the winter sale, despite the rather negative reviews and really, how bad could it be?

Jesus Christ.

Inquisitor's stamina system is the single worst, most unfun game mechanic I have ever seen. If somebody gave me unlimited time and resources I'm pretty sure I couldn't come up with something worse. After just about ten minutes into the game I wished for the developers to be dragged into the deepest pits of the abyss.
    Basically, every combat action uses up stamina, from basic melee attacks to casting spells (in addition to mana). However, every action takes up a lot of stamina and you basically have none, even if you invest in constitution. It does not regenerate unless you stand perfectly still and even then only about one stamina point per second. Oh, and it also does not regenerate during conversations or even looking at your character sheet or inventory. I really hope you enjoy the landscape or brought a book because you will spend more time with either than playing the goddamn game. It's a disaster.
    While the actual inquisition aspect might be somewhat interesting, it's dramatically overshadowed by the incredibly poor combat. In the end, it's really just a worse Lionheart. Yeah, I just went there. It's that bad.
    Yeah. Inquisitor has garbage combat. But, from the first town and most of the first quest, the dialogue and quests are worth playing through.

So I suggest going to GoG, looking up the console commands, and cheating your way through the fights.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    I stopped playing Dragon Age when I ran into a mob with a wizard guy that blasted my dudes dead in no time, plus normal melee dudes and with no healer in team I was stuck. =/
    My experience with dragon age games has been push as fast as you can towards healing, ressurection spells and finally mass ressurection and grind up high damage rates on whatever poor bastards that can't raise dead.

I hear you cry "but you wake up after combat" sure, but boss battles will be the brick wall parties meet, you might as well equip for them.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Playing yet a new city in Sim City 4. Why? Because I just discovered that by holding shift down while zoning, it doesn't try to ignore my beautiful layout and insert it's own bloody roads. No Sim City, I don't want it to look like that!!

Now I just have to get my balance out of the red.

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Playing yet a new city in Sim City 4. Why? Because I just discovered that by holding shift down while zoning, it doesn't try to ignore my beautiful layout and insert it's own bloody roads.
    You may also try to hold down Ctrl and Alt respectively which also does different things to the zoning layout.

Just started Dishonored.

I am enjoying it, but less than I expected. I love the setting and the blink power is really a nice touch, but it doesn't draw me in as much as I would like too.

Maybe i am not paying it right. i was going for a pacifist walktrough but it means reloading a lot and I ended the first contract with 2 dead guys and I am pretty sure i didn't kill anyone...

So now I am thinking, maybe i should play the game without reloading, trying to ghost it but dealing with failures.

Any thoughts ?

New Vegas. I went to The Thorn and fought a Deathclaw. I won with absolutely no use of stat enhancing narcotics. Nope! Not at all.... *cough*
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    You may also try to hold down Ctrl and Alt respectively which also does different things to the zoning layout.
    To be specific, one re-orients the facing of the zone and the other adjusts the size of the lots in the zone.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    I really hope you enjoy the landscape or brought a book because you will spend more time with either than playing the goddamn game. It's a disaster.
    You know it comes with a Novel? Also Lionheart was fantastic until you left the city, it doesn't deserve such bad press.
    I've got Inquisitor lined up after i've dragged my way through Avadon: The Black Fortress. The solo area in Avadon nearly made me rage quit for good though. I'm playing a sorceress that concentrates on buffing and i spent most of the damn dungeon exploiting bugs in the game mechanics just to get through. Although after i got my companions back i went back to the dungeon and massacred EVERYONE to make a point.

Hit a Rock with Sherlock Holmes Snacks on a Slipper, I've reached a puzzle that requires at least a basic knowledge of the American Civil war, which i really don't have. But saying that instead of quitting and going onto something else, I'm actually reading up on a bit of history, so I suppose that counts for something.

Borderlands 2 is still going strong, at level 49 (true Vault hunter mode) now with one other RPS’r, i guess we’re about half way through ‘Big game hunt’.

I’m also getting my ass kicked once more in the RPS Frozen Synapse league.

Tom j