Page 637 of 1239 FirstFirst ... 1375375876276356366376386396476877371137 ... LastLast
Results 12,721 to 12,740 of 24778
    Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Gamers must have a hard time coping with life.

"I'll just drop by his office at 2AM after stacking my CHA buff at the local pub. Then I'll be brave enough to demand the wage increase I deserve...

...what the-- all the doors are locked! Time to level lockpicking...

What? WHY IS HE NOT HERE? He was here last afternoon! Man, I guess I'll just sit here and rummage through his desk drawers until he arrives. Good thing I brought these extra beers to keep my buff renewed..."
    Damn you, you funny bastard. You nailed me :)

Quote Originally Posted by Velko View Post
    Scribblenauts Unlimited should unlock from it's stupid-#nooceans-state right about... five minutes ago? Hmmm.
    Its still not unlock? WTF?! (I cant check since Im still @ work)

I bought this game for $7.50 waaay back in December? Cheapest preorder I encountered..
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Why won't my Salt Hogs man my factory and instead prefer to idle around the Muster Points? That's not what I hired 'em for, goddammit ...

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    Why won't my Salt Hogs man my factory and instead prefer to idle around the Muster Points? That's not what I hired 'em for, goddammit ...
    Best guess: you've summoned them for combat. If you aren't in a fight or planning one, remove all the muster points.

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    That's what I resolved to. And yet, only one out of ten (approximately) decided to take up work (after minutes of waiting, mind you). I'm probably missing something vital here.

Thanks for your help, though!

Some games come, some go
    Brutal Doom is 1:30am after beirng awahdksfksb VERY TIRED AND PLAYING DOOM

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Alternating Guild Wars 2 and Dark Souls while I wait for Metal Gear: Deshi Basara

GW2: Finishing up my monthly. Just have to get about 75 more salvages, everything else is done. And I should probably finish the PQ eventually. Damn then for making the last map pure chaos in zerging form where every time I decide to do the PQ I see on map chat "X is up, who wants in?". DAMN YOU!!!!!

DS: Decided I want to finally try a mage proper. Of course, my "mage proper" ended up as a claymore wielding psychopath who uses magic to soften up the enemy (and buff her claymore's damage), but I think that is as close as I will ever get to a proper sorc in any Souls game.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

I think pure Mage was more feasible in Dark Souls, what with the Royal and her Fragrant Ring and having actual mana instead of charges. I don't like the charge system so I hacked it (I only play offline now really).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Diablo 3, for the first time since late August.
    I hit a brick wall on resuming, thanks to the extensive patching. So for the first time I bought something from the AH. A cheap weapon and shield made my Barbarian reliable again. I'm in Hell Act 3, just hit level 60 and I'm having tons of fun.
    The tweaks are excellent. Good items drop often. There are no more bullshit enemy packs and cheap deaths. Best of all, the respawn timer has been reduced to 3 seconds. Before it just kept increasing and it was incredibly annoying. Identifying takes less time too.
    I may waste my whole weekend playing this game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    Diablo 3, for the first time since late August.
    I hit a brick wall on resuming, thanks to the extensive patching. So for the first time I bought something from the AH. A cheap weapon and shield made my Barbarian reliable again. I'm in Hell Act 3, just hit level 60 and I'm having tons of fun.
    The tweaks are excellent. Good items drop often. There are no more bullshit enemy packs and cheap deaths. Best of all, the respawn timer has been reduced to 3 seconds. Before it just kept increasing and it was incredibly annoying. Identifying takes less time too.
    I may waste my whole weekend playing this game.
    Unfortunately that changes once you get to inferno. Item drops begin to suck, and it pretty much forces you to use the AH, unless you're incredibly patient.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    I don't mind using the AH since combat is the star of the game for me. It feels so good, so meaty! I have some super-dedicated friends so I'll just ask them to carry me a bit if shit hits the fan.
    The only thing missing now is some sort of mid-dungeon checkpoint. Sometimes I just backtrack too much. I should be able to drop something to save my progress. Like, what if I create a town portal but don't use it so I'm sent back to that location upon death if there's no enemy in range?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobtree View Post
    You're playing it the least-fun way. By all means stealth until things go wrong, then improvise. Ghost/pacifist is a chore, and you'll miss out on a lot of interesting and creative gameplay. Complete the game once before you try to perfect it.

If the 2 kills were in the initial prison escape mission, they may be the guards by the door you have to plant explosives on. They can be knocked out and hidden safely I think.
    It was not during the prison. And I think you're right I won't try to perfect it on the first run. Plus those combat powers seem fun !

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Can't stop switching through games,its become annyoing as fuck because i don't finish up game but leave to another one and another one and then i have 10 games installed and not evne one is finished :(

Replaying System Shock 2 for a third time, with a freshly bought copy from gog. I have a disc copy somewhere but I couldn't be arsed looking for it. Turns out the gog version has widescreen support right off the bat so hurrah for laziness.

Words can't really describe how much I love this game. You know those 'Gaming made me' articles than RPS do? This is probably mine. SS2 gave me my love of scary, atmospheric games; It's the reason I appreciate games like Stalker and Amnesia so much. Walking down the corridors of the Von Braun once more is like soaking into a tub full of pure nostalgia. Ahhh.

Also nearly finished Darksiders, I think. (I just obtained the voidwalker). I like being surprised by a game, and Darksiders has sucked me right in when I wasn't expecting it to. It may be the most shameless Zelda clone I've ever seen, but damn if it isn't fun.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Can't stop switching through games,its become annyoing as fuck because i don't finish up game but leave to another one and another one and then i have 10 games installed and not evne one is finished :(
    Story of my life, my friend. According to Steam, I have over 50 games currently installed. Of that, about 10 are completed games that I go back to play from time to time (they'll probably never leave my hard drive). Out of the other 40+, I've probably in mid-game on over half of them. Yet I still find myself scrolling through them, lamenting "nothing to play, nothing to play."

First world problems...

Network Hub
    I've got a new addiction, and it's Twitch.tv. I am probably late to the party here, but that site is great to just leave streaming in the background, much like some people do television shows as they do housework. It's also great to watch people playing games I either (a) remember fondly, (b) have never played due to region lockouts, or (c) have never even heard of. Of course, many channels are also great for high-level play (that I will never possibly reach) in MOBAs, RTS, and fighting games.

I may use this channel to figure out what the FLOK is going on in these MOBAs once and for all.

Psychonauts. First time. It's as brilliant as everyone says, I should have played this years ago.

Near the end, wish me luck. Close to finishing up the Asylum level, closing in on the infamous Meat Circus and hoping it's not the fun-spoiling frustration I've heard about? The few precision platforming bits (Phantom/theatre level mostly) are the only places that have got me properly annoyed with it because of the sometimes imprecise feel of control scheme (or maybe I'm just not cut out for tough platformers. yes I'm using a controller) and the occasional camera glitches. So hoping it's not more of that, it'd be nice to finish this on a high rather than a grind.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by kstress71 View Post
    I've got a new addiction, and it's Twitch.tv. I am probably late to the party here, but that site is great to just leave streaming in the background, much like some people do television shows as they do housework. It's also great to watch people playing games I either (a) remember fondly, (b) have never played due to region lockouts, or (c) have never even heard of. Of course, many channels are also great for high-level play (that I will never possibly reach) in MOBAs, RTS, and fighting games.

I may use this channel to figure out what the FLOK is going on in these MOBAs once and for all.
    I find that watching DOTA 2 or Starcraft 2, as played by pros, is much more entertaining than actually playing it. The last few months I mostly watch DOTA 2 and the games can be quite close and very entertaining.

Other than that, last week I got the expansion for Civ V, so I played a bit of that, a bit of Trackmania 2, Rayman: Oranges and Dredmore is of course always appropriate.

edit: And I'm totally with you on the number of games installed. The thing is, at least with me, that starting a new game in e.g. CKII or Endless Space feels like a huge investment of time. I can't just say I'll play it a couple of hours, and then maybe again a few days later. Some games just require a lot of time, and thus they are doomed to forever be installed and yet rarely played.
    Last edited by mrki; 16-02-2013 at 03:10 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    If you want to watch Dota 2 streams and keep up to date with pro games and all that, I suggest www.joindota.com

The way it's designed, you can basically use it as a Dota 2 themed frontend for relevant twitch.tv streams which includes info about matches, tournaments, standings and so on.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrki View Post
    I find that watching DOTA 2 or Starcraft 2, as played by pros, is much more entertaining than actually playing it. The last few months I mostly watch DOTA 2 and the games can be quite close and very entertaining.
    I find the same with Company of Heroes multiplayer. Sunday Night Fights makes for pretty good watching, let alone just background noise.