Page 640 of 1167 FirstFirst ... 1405405906306386396406416426506907401140 ... LastLast
Results 12,781 to 12,800 of 23330
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    I started playing Hitman: Bloodlines in the morning. It's good fun but the whole open endedness seems a bit overrated. I just did the opera level and I couldn't find a way to kill the ambassador person silently and without shooting my way out. As it turns out, if you kill the singer first and don't get caught, the ambassador runs down from his secure lodge to mourn his pal and then he is much easier to take out. Well, how are you supposed to figure that out if not trial and error? If you set it up like that from the beginning and drop the stage lights when the ambassador comes down, it really makes 47 look more like a psychic instead of a, well, hitman.
    It did give me the silent assassin rating in the end, though.
    It could be anticipated that the ambassador would show at least some reaction. My method did involve a lot of trial and error, but theoretically it could be construed as carefully planned and carefully executed, without clairvoyance. After switching the prop gun for a real gun, I climbed onto some scaffolding near the ceiling, which unhelpfully gave me a line-of-sight of the ambassador's feet. Once he witnessed the singer get shot, he jumped out of his chair, and that brought him forward just enough that I could get a shot at his head. It's a second-long window of opportunity, but eventually I did it. Proceed to climb down, change the engineer outfit for the suit, and walk out. Silent assassin.

I think the suburb mission was left, but I never finished it. I couldn't figure out what to do after eliminating the target. A while later, I read about the solution (wish I hadn't) but I didn't go back to the game.

I honestly can't tell anymore if you guys are talking about real life or some game. Wait, cheap fuel? Yeah, has to be a game.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    As for other drivers, do you ever see your own staff on the road? I know they exist because I see their logs, but I'm thinking of making the most ridiculously outlandish truck designs standard across my company just so I can pick 'em out from the traffic.
    Nope, unfortunately. It's one of the most requested features in the official forums, so hopefully we'll see that in the future. Speaking of the forums, they've announced an Eastern Europe expansion, with the rest of Poland, Slovakia, and adding Hungary as well, should be fun.

Have you guys looked into mods yet? Other than a few cosmetic ones (real names for the Mercedes truck, companies, etc.), I quite like the realistic physics mod.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Whats with all the whining people,you never play as evil person in games ? Jesus..!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Blood Money is great because there are lots and lots of ways to get Silent Assassin. I recommend looking at some youtube videos, the freedom is definitely not overrated. There is so many ways to get things done.
    steam: sketch

Quote Originally Posted by fiddlesticks View Post
    B0rsuk gave me the idea of trying a Psionics/Energy build, both paths I haven't tried out before. So far it's been going fairly well, although I'm a bit worried about the later decks. Energy weapons are useless against the advanced hybrids and none of the PSI powers do much damage. We'll see how it goes.
    You don't need to worry about that, since some of the tier 4 and tier 5 psi powers are insanely powerful.

You can do fun stuff like mind controlling a rumbler and then turn invisible while watching him tear everything else apart. Psionic hypogenesis is another great skill to learn because you can fire it off when under pressure and then reposition to get a tactical advantage. It's not always about direct damage.

It's a fun way to play. The energy weapons take care of robotic enemies, and your psi powers deal with organics.

The hardest part of the psi/energy playthrough is the start of the game, because you don't really have any real way to deal with robots and turrets unless you put a point into standard weapons.

I just did the level in the rehab clinic (got silent assassin) - is there any way to kill that one optional mark while he lifts weights? I couldn't find anything; no prompt to encourage gravity or to sabotage it otherwise, so I ended up strangling him.
    Also, that whole money reward thing is just bizarre. You get the most cash for being subtle yet the only thing to spend money on is guns, with a few exceptions. I don't think they thought that through.
    to wound the autumnal city.

I just did the level in the rehab clinic (got silent assassin) - is there any way to kill that one optional mark while he lifts weights? I couldn't find anything; no prompt to encourage gravity or to sabotage it otherwise, so I ended up strangling him.
    Also, that whole money reward thing is just bizarre. You get the most cash for being subtle yet the only thing to spend money on is guns, with a few exceptions. I don't think they thought that through.
    You have to stand precisely behind him. It's a bit finicky.

As for the upgrades there's quite a lot of stuff, lockpicking etc. And you can upgrade the pistols to shoot through walls and be extremely silent as well as having the remote bomb radius increased (easier to create accident kills)

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    If you stand right behind the machine while he lifts the weight, a context action to kill him with the weight appears for a few seconds. It's a bit fiddly and you need to stand in pretty much exactly the right place. Neat idea but the execution (heh) is a bit weak in this case. Alternatively you can try to punt him into the pond outside when he's on his walk. Hard to do that without being seen though.

While I happily sing along with the choir of praise for BM, it certainly has its faults. The reward system is definitly among them.

Yes you can, you just have to wait for the right moment. He has to let go of the weight first, so you can only get him after he finishes, but before he gets off the bench.

Just bought System Shock 2, but I'll be playing some more MWO tonight.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Dead Space 2 - finished it on Survivalist difficulty. For some reason game thought I already completed it and I played some kind of New Game+ All weapons and suites were available from the start for free. No idea why. Anyway, I didn't touch the free stuff and it turned out game was easy anyway, easier than first one. So, I liked it but it's forgettable, which is sad because I can see how much work went into crafting it, lots of detail everywhere, lots of throwaway detail. This is why I appreciate AAA games, indies will never have this level of detail, ever. But it's just so linear and repetitive. There are a lot of cool features( kinesis, stasis, ingame interface, zero-g, being able to drag around a bright light source) but 99% of game is either walking somewhere in the dark or shooting a plasma cutter while backing away. And there is always someone giving you directions, there is a locator - there is no need to explore, there are always two ways - one is for puzzle/objective, the other has some bonus stuff. There is very little variety and enmies are the least varied part, sure they are disgusting but there is nothing as creepy and unsettling as cyber midwives or monkey psikers or hybrids. The "SUDDENLY DEAD GIRLFRIEND" scare became funny almost from the start. Shame. Sickening death animations are great, no other game has anything like that, I think. Ok, next game.

Deramfall Chapters got funded so I've decided to revisit the Dreamfall itself( no, I don't want to replay TLJ, no sir). Well, it looks and plays surprisingly adequate even though combat and stealth are terrible and controls are weird.
    Last edited by coldvvvave; 17-02-2013 at 09:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coldvvvave View Post
    Deramfall Chapters - got funded so I've decided to revisit the Dreamfall itself( no, I don't want to replay TLJ, no sir). Well, it looks and plays surprisingly adequate even though combat and stealth are terrible and controls are weird.
    I'll take playable controls over looking good any day which is why I enjoyed playing through TLJ over Dreamfall recently. Also, the lack of terrible combat and stealth was a bonus IMO.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravey View Post
    Ultima Underworld, a mute Wizard is teaching me lizard talk. Bliss!
    Childhood memories right there.

Activated Node
    Dead Space 2 - finished it on Survivalist difficulty. For some reason game thought I already completed it and I played some kind of New Game+ All weapons and suites were available from the start for free. No idea why.
    The DLC unlocks everything for free. There isn't an easy way to turn it off without messing with the game files.

Deramfall Chapters got funded so I've decided to revisit the Dreamfall itself( no, I don't want to replay TLJ, no sir). Well, it looks and plays surprisingly adequate even though combat and stealth are terrible and controls are weird.
    Still one of my all-time favorite adventures, despite its flaws.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Actually, I recently discovered if you rename the Dead Space 2 exe "ds2.exe" you'll play without the DLC unlocks. Pretty easy to do.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Well, this mage is a lot easier to use. Solo'd smough and ornstein on my first try (went for Super-Ornstein so I can deal with Super-Smough in NG+).

Off to kill poor defenseless Sif, slaughter the four kings, and join the darkwraiths and kaathe.
    Last edited by gundato; 18-02-2013 at 02:52 AM.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Well, this mage is a lot easier to use. Solo'd smough and ornstein on my first try (went for Super-Ornstein so I can deal with Super-Smough in NG+).

Off to kill poor defenseless Sif, slaughter the four kings, and join the darkwraiths and kaathe.
    I assume you haven't talked to the image of Gynevere and get the lordvessel? Because the only way to join them is by killing the 4kings first before getting the lordvessel ya know
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Nope you just need to not give the Lordvessel to Frampt.

I just can't stop playing Borderlands 2. I've played it all, but I still can't stop. It's a good thing I don't have any friends or I'd be in serious trouble as co-op is no doubt far more satisfying. I've also been revisiting the Broken Sword series - a fine way to wind down.