Page 645 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 1455455956356436446456466476556957451145 ... LastLast
Results 12,881 to 12,900 of 24074
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by arathain View Post
    Wait, so you're saying four of those hours weren't cutscenes? It really isn't a proper MGS game, is it?
    I know. It was freaky. Platinum actually made sure that even the longest sequence of cutsceney-goodness had fights to break it up. I had to actually check to make sure I was playing the right game :p

In all seriousness though, I would compare it to MGS1. For the most part, it is constant gameplay. It was only MGS2 that realy started the "Let's watch cutscenes for an hour or so" that MGS4 took to a new level.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Tell me men,how do you deal with deathclaws,i was sure i can take them but i bearly killed one with help of 4 other people ..So what i want now is to find some companion,maybe some animal one. This is my ultimate quest :|
    Cripple thier legs, Vanillia Fallout: New Vegas Doesn't have a dartgun, but automatic weapons (or mines at a push) are fine. Then they can't chase you and you can just pick them off at your leisure.

Just finished PISS.
    There are no words to describe how much soul this game has. If you haven’t already, go play it now. Can anyone else recommend anything else similar? Anyone played any other Ben Chandler games?

I also smashed my way through Borderlands 2: Sir Hammerlocks Big Game Hunt and reached level 50 on true vault hunter… now what?

To try and fill my adventure game void, I installed J.U.I.L.A. It was then subsequently turned off about 2 minutes into the game due to atrocious voice acting. Shame.

Fired up AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome for old times sake, and it still lives up to its namesake. Brilliant game, I’ve oh so nearly finished the original Reckless Disregard For Gravity Levels. One thing I would say, is that I enjoy the levels with the Quickstart checkpoints a lot more than the levels where you have to reload the whole drop again.

Tom j

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    So with all this New Vegas discussion I've finally decided to play it, and I have been fiddling with some mods, etc. One question: does it need the 4GB patch available at NexusMods, or has it been patched into the game by Bethesda, like with Skyrim?

I've put dishonored on hold for now. Will probably get back to it soon.

I am playing Sleeping Dogs, and i must say this is a really nice surprise. I really like the game. It's a good mix of GTA, Just cause and asian action movies. The story is predictible, but Shen Wei's character is quite opaque. He doesn't act like a cop at all and his moral bounderies are really loose. I predict that the game won't end well...

I also upgraded my PC: I finally got my hands on a Q9550 (OC at 3.2) and put some new ram in it (4 GB DDR3) and using my GTS 450 (OC at 1000mhz)

I can play Far Cry 3 stableat 25-30 in Direct X 11 on High, which is nice. But i get 40-50 fps with the same settings in Directx9. I don't understand why there is such a gap... The game doesn't even look that much better.

I am also trying to run Xenoblade on Dolphin (I don't like it on my wii, the resolution hurt my eyes...) but i get drops in fps during cutscenes... I know my PC is old and dusty but even with those spec it should run better...

Binging on Dwarf Fortress again. Now I'm having fun with cage traps despite it being the most boring of all trap setups and business have been going strong since I managed to trap Dralthas and a Troll. I wanted to make a Zoo later but I'm not really sure how
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Killed a lot of bugs last night. Bark Scorpions and Radscoprions were fine but had to kill the giant ones by lobbing dynamite. Blundered into some Cazadores in the dark, killed a few and ran away. Discovered ED-E is suicidal. Got to Novac, is a dump. Listened to Best Friend Tabitha on the radio and went what the fuck. Realised that in the time it will take me to complete NV I could probably climb Kilimanjaro in real life.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Tell me men,how do you deal with deathclaws,i was sure i can take them but i bearly killed one with help of 4 other people ..So what i want now is to find some companion,maybe some animal one. This is my ultimate quest :|
    There is always the [spoiler] toy gun lazer but it's a bit overkill and isn't good against moving targets. Also has one shot per day.[/spoiler]

Quote Originally Posted by TomxJ View Post
    ha! we're 2 bars away from level 50, and still going! you should join us to tackle some of the "invincible" boss fights (steam Tomxj).
    Would love to, but I'm way behind at level 40!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayk View Post
    I've put dishonored on hold for now. Will probably get back to it soon.

I am playing Sleeping Dogs, and i must say this is a really nice surprise. I really like the game. It's a good mix of GTA, Just cause and asian action movies. The story is predictible, but Shen Wei's character is quite opaque. He doesn't act like a cop at all and his moral bounderies are really loose. I predict that the game won't end well...

I also upgraded my PC: I finally got my hands on a Q9550 (OC at 3.2) and put some new ram in it (4 GB DDR3) and using my GTS 450 (OC at 1000mhz)

I can play Far Cry 3 stableat 25-30 in Direct X 11 on High, which is nice. But i get 40-50 fps with the same settings in Directx9. I don't understand why there is such a gap... The game doesn't even look that much better.

I am also trying to run Xenoblade on Dolphin (I don't like it on my wii, the resolution hurt my eyes...) but i get drops in fps during cutscenes... I know my PC is old and dusty but even with those spec it should run better...
    For some reason all the gamestops in my tristate area ran out of Xenoblade in the last week. I wasn't able to buy it until now so I was super pissed off about it. Oh well, this is what the pirate bay is for.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    CTD when trying to load Civ5 savegame. New games work fine. So apparently I must do all my Civ games in one sitting.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Stop with all of this FNV talk! I have lots of games in my queue. :(

I still havent finish Manaan, its been hectic at work and when I got home I always want to play while lying in bed so Im playing games with 360 support. Currently in 2nd season in 2k13 and I just killed Wade in Hitman: Abduction.

Been thinking of installing Vampire Bloodlines but I must resist. Gotta finish Kotor I and II first.
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldrath View Post
    So with all this New Vegas discussion I've finally decided to play it, and I have been fiddling with some mods, etc. One question: does it need the 4GB patch available at NexusMods, or has it been patched into the game by Bethesda, like with Skyrim?
    It was patched into the game quite early on. You don't need to do anything more.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by mnemnoch View Post
    Stop with all of this FNV talk! I have lots of games in my queue. :(

I still havent finish Manaan, its been hectic at work and when I got home I always want to play while lying in bed so Im playing games with 360 support. Currently in 2nd season in 2k13 and I just killed Wade in Hitman: Abduction.

Been thinking of installing Vampire Bloodlines but I must resist. Gotta finish Kotor I and II first.
    Move it to the top of the pile and set aside a lot of time for it...

Quote Originally Posted by kataras View Post
    Move it to the top of the pile and set aside a lot of time for it...
    I already did that in KOTOR. I think Lego LotR, AssCre 2 will kill me in my sleep if I did it to them again.

Anyway I already played FNV "demo" last year. I got to until before I enter Vegas, spent more time tinkering with mods than playing really, so Im not in too much hurry. But all this talk is eating my resolve! :D
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I finished FTL on normal with 2 of the fast firing emp guns and a fire beam.

It was officially "no thang" while fighting sector 5-8 scout drones was slow(no oxygen means no fire) I got a level 2 anti ship drone blueprint and cleaned up handily.

As ever I used the tourus, all the other ships are stupidly useless.

I need to find a new "sampler" game I can just dip in and out of.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

I'm playing Bioshock. I finally have the hardware to run it properly :D
    So far I like it. I find it quite easy, although I play on normal. There are some parts where I'm low on health and medpacks, but I always have enough ammo. I'm cleaning up in Fort Frolic now, maybe it gets harder after that...

I'm also enjoying Tribes Ascend as a Soldier or Scout most of the time. Although I can't quite get enough speed, leading ahead shots seems to work quite well ;)

Fallout 3 is also somewhere down the list...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphyd View Post
    It was patched into the game quite early on. You don't need to do anything more.
    Thank you!

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpion_wins View Post
    Would love to, but I'm way behind at level 40!
    Lol, you'll get there. Its not like we're gonna race ahead now we've reached the cap.

Quote Originally Posted by TomxJ View Post
    Just finished PISS.
    There are no words to describe how much soul this game has. If you haven’t already, go play it now. Can anyone else recommend anything else similar? Anyone played any other Ben Chandler games?
    Yup, played several of them, PISS is one exception (and I even bought it). I'd say try Airwave, Eternally Us (which I never managed to finish due to a faulty motherboard and is still haunting my backlog), ^_^ and <3.

As the difficulty in Snapshot has ramped up, Blackwell: Deception has now entered my rotation. My first impressions were somewhat mixed because of the jarring juxtaposition between the high-res character portraits (whose style I don't like that much) and the low-res and somewhat simplified character sprites (Convergence is still my favorite here, but even the remastered version of Legacy looks pretty good).
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I've been playing crysis 2. Not necessarily because I plan on buying crysis 3, but the hype machine certainly reminded me I had its predecessor unfinished in my steam library. It's not a bad game. But the human shooting is a bit too easy (since they can't counter your suit) and the alien shooting is a bit too finickety (since they can't 'counter' your suit but always manage to face directly at it as you try and sneak round the sides to get at their jellybabies.)