Page 646 of 1167 FirstFirst ... 1465465966366446456466476486566967461146 ... LastLast
Results 12,901 to 12,920 of 23339
    Quote Originally Posted by TomxJ View Post
    Just finished PISS.
    There are no words to describe how much soul this game has. If you haven’t already, go play it now. Can anyone else recommend anything else similar? Anyone played any other Ben Chandler games?
    Yup, played several of them, PISS is one exception (and I even bought it). I'd say try Airwave, Eternally Us (which I never managed to finish due to a faulty motherboard and is still haunting my backlog), ^_^ and <3.

As the difficulty in Snapshot has ramped up, Blackwell: Deception has now entered my rotation. My first impressions were somewhat mixed because of the jarring juxtaposition between the high-res character portraits (whose style I don't like that much) and the low-res and somewhat simplified character sprites (Convergence is still my favorite here, but even the remastered version of Legacy looks pretty good).
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I've been playing crysis 2. Not necessarily because I plan on buying crysis 3, but the hype machine certainly reminded me I had its predecessor unfinished in my steam library. It's not a bad game. But the human shooting is a bit too easy (since they can't counter your suit) and the alien shooting is a bit too finickety (since they can't 'counter' your suit but always manage to face directly at it as you try and sneak round the sides to get at their jellybabies.)

Banned
    Chivalry again. The game is MATERIALLY different when you don't lag and have decent (above 40) fps. I just found a 200 ping server with basically no lag. Compared to some other 80 ping servers where i rubber band like hell it's a revolutionary experience.

Also, unlocked the Zweihander.

Still find it impossible to block facehugging MMA/Archers though. Simply cannot block their attacks. Even punches (straight crosses) to the chest are unblockable. What the fuck is up with that? And these dumbshit slashes are unblockable too. I understand that they're diagonal slashes but for fucks sake how far do you have to block to the side? It's completely counter-intuitive because i can block slashes from FAR LONGER WEAPONS coming in from the side at a far sharper angle.

And this is why when i play against MAA's i just try to kill 'em before they get into my face. Basically fucked if they get up there.

Well, I managed to play through Hitman: Blood Bowl. I have to say that it really seems like the mission quality after the steam ship takes kind of a nosedive. The final mission was all sorts of anticlimatic and don't even get me started on those weird boss fights in the last two missions or that idiotic playable epilogue. What was the point of that?
    to wound the autumnal city.

I died. Because of a f***king lawyer. Note to self never trust a fish to represent you in any case.
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    Well, I managed to play through Hitman: Blood Bowl. I have to say that it really seems like the mission quality after the steam ship takes kind of a nosedive. The final mission was all sorts of anticlimatic and don't even get me started on those weird boss fights in the last two missions or that idiotic playable epilogue. What was the point of that?
    By boss fights, I assume you mean the bartender in the Hell rave, and the assassin in the White House? You can skip them (and still keep silent assassin rating), you just need to find a way to kill them without triggering the conversation with them. The first is hardest since he's always in a crowded room, but still do-able.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mnemnoch View Post
    I died. Because of a f***king lawyer. Note to self never trust a fish to represent you in any case.
    Slippery bastard, wasn't he?
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Dead Space 3 single player

Hard to say anything so far. It's a well crafted game and it's different from the first two. Human enemies don't bother me because DS1-2 both had very repetitive combat and the whole "Aim for the limbs" thing got boring very fast. Some variety is ok. What really bothers me is the abundance of medpacks on Hard difficulty and universal ammo concept. It kind of reminds me of Terminator Future Shock where Uzi fired on bullet per shot, M16 fired two and a freaking doublebarrele shotgun fired three( maybe I'm a bit wrong, played ages ago). Not the best idea but to be fair DS2 already had something like this, enemies tended to drop the ammo for weapon you used so you never really ran ouf of ammo( I may be wrong here too since I only used Plasmacutter and Pulse rifle, the most basic weapons).
    Last edited by coldvvvave; 21-02-2013 at 08:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Well, that's crysis 2 done. It was alright. The final enemies you fight were dumb as butts, though. Why do people think 'a bad guy but with a lot of health' automatically makes something interesting and not utterly dull?

Activated Node
    I'm currently juggling Diablo, Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Planescape: Torment, and X-Com: UFO Defense. I can't decide which one to continue first.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    All reviewers are confirmed to be fucking hacks. Crysis 3 brings back the gigantic areas of the first game, including vehicles, and turns them up to 11. This shit is insane.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Question about Crysis 3. Is Hunter MP mode is more varied in full game than in beta? I very much enjoyed Hunter in beta but it got repetitive very quick. Full game has more maps probably, but what about weapons and class unlocks?

As usual WiT doesn't even mention MP. Why?

Also, can I disable the voice telling me how I am a failure when I'm not on top of the scoreboard?

Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    All reviewers are confirmed to be fucking hacks.
    True.

Last edited by coldvvvave; 22-02-2013 at 07:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

I finally got around to make a zoo. PARTY AT THE TROGLODYTE CAGE! EVERYONE INVITED! Or at least a few dwarves on break.

It's a bit odd that I gave the mayor an okay-sized room and it was registered as Meager Quarters rather than Modest or Decent. The manager thought it was Modest at least but Meager? Come on now
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by hamster View Post
    Chivalry again. The game is MATERIALLY different when you don't lag and have decent (above 40) fps. I just found a 200 ping server with basically no lag. Compared to some other 80 ping servers where i rubber band like hell it's a revolutionary experience.

Also, unlocked the Zweihander.

Still find it impossible to block facehugging MMA/Archers though. Simply cannot block their attacks. Even punches (straight crosses) to the chest are unblockable. What the fuck is up with that? And these dumbshit slashes are unblockable too. I understand that they're diagonal slashes but for fucks sake how far do you have to block to the side? It's completely counter-intuitive because i can block slashes from FAR LONGER WEAPONS coming in from the side at a far sharper angle.

And this is why when i play against MAA's i just try to kill 'em before they get into my face. Basically fucked if they get up there.
    I ve only been playing as a MAA so far (30 odd hours). Their stamina has been significantly cut, so they run out of stamina quite quickly. Also MMA weapons don't have a big range so you can try and keep them at bay with something long.

For facehugging (I get it from archers) the only defence I found was kicking them back and attacking them.

Slashes should be blockable though.

I'm playing Heroes of Newerth every day from 00:00 to 05:30 with my friends. We're usually losing because one of said friends always happens to be drunk ... lost so much rating, haha. We usually win if I dominate mid, but then there is nobody to play that farm farm farm carry because I have to go around and kill people to help the losing lanes and the friend who can play the carry is playing support because the other guys "don't like warding".

Sigh. There's the reason I quit playing WoW with these people and joined up with a competitive guild instead, back in the day. Oh well, at least I keep my 100% win rate on Draconis.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Motherfucking pes fuck yeah!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Caddybear View Post
    every day from 00:00 to 05:30
    ...when do you sleep?

I'm something like 13 hours in to Skyrim and I'm about ready to bail on it again... Once the introductory novelty wears off it's pretty evident that the game is just hollow inside. However I washed away the bitter taste of this with a few rounds of Super Meat Boy, which just cannot stop to astonish me with it's amazing design.

Anyway now that I'm pretty much done with Skyrim again I'm thinking of giving Deus Ex: Human Revolution another shot...
    steam

http://dailycelluloid.blogspot.com/- where I write about movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Velko View Post
    ...when do you sleep?
    Not often :D

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    The Black Ops II free weekend and it reminded me why I'm not fond of it again. All the guns have no weight behind them and feel unnatural to shoot.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog