Page 649 of 1134 FirstFirst ... 149549599639647648649650651659699749 ... LastLast
Results 12,961 to 12,980 of 22668
  1. #12961
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,412
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Finished Crysis 3. Way too short, but it was enjoyable.
    That's good and bad to hear. How long did it take? I would like to play it because I really enjoyed C1-Warhead-2, but I had no intention of picking up at launch and paying full price. I've heard it's shorter than 2, which in itself wasn't exactly that long.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag View Post
    I found Legendary on my Steam account. Possibly something I got from some bundle at some point? May as well give it a try because, you know, how bad can it b... OH GOD!
    Before it came out, a couple of the devs demoed it at GiantBomb. They weren't exactly...humble. It didn't help that the game looked shit. Skip to 11mins on the video and watch it for about a minute. I feel like Brad's (the demoer) response is rather telling?
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

  2. #12962
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    5,284
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    That's good and bad to hear. How long did it take? I would like to play it because I really enjoyed C1-Warhead-2, but I had no intention of picking up at launch and paying full price. I've heard it's shorter than 2, which in itself wasn't exactly that long.
    Wasn't timing myself, but I put in 2-3 hours over the course of the week and finished it early today, so I would estimate less than 8 hours.

    Keep in mind I am pretty gosh darned good at FPSes (if I do say so myself) and I had been playing Crysis 2 somewhat recently, so it might take others longer. Or maybe I spent too much time grabbing collectable data and it will take most people even less :p

    [edit]On a whim, I checked. Origin DOES measure playtime. Lists me as 8 hours.[/edit]
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

  3. #12963
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,611
    JG HowLongToBeat has average time at around 5 hours.
    steam: sketch

  4. #12964
    Lesser Hivemind Node Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The Capital of Scandinavia
    Posts
    932
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Wasn't timing myself, but I put in 2-3 hours over the course of the week and finished it early today, so I would estimate less than 8 hours.

    Keep in mind I am pretty gosh darned good at FPSes (if I do say so myself) and I had been playing Crysis 2 somewhat recently, so it might take others longer. Or maybe I spent too much time grabbing collectable data and it will take most people even less :p

    [edit]On a whim, I checked. Origin DOES measure playtime. Lists me as 8 hours.[/edit]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    JG HowLongToBeat has average time at around 5 hours.
    The sound of Gundato's self-esteem cracking was heard across the Atlantic.

    I have no idea how accurate those estimations are or how much time was spent on collectibles, but it was a little funny.

  5. #12965
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,767
    I accidentally the Quantum Conundrum, I was literally just checking if it was installed properly then 6 hours later I have completed the whole game.

    So what puzzles are the ones everyone was whining about being too hard?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

  6. #12966
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,767
    I accidentally the Quantum Conundrum, I was literally just checking if it was installed properly then 6 hours later I have completed the whole game.

    So what puzzles are the ones everyone was whining about being too hard?

    Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Caddybear View Post
    It was alright. Knowing that you were born in 91 explains a bit about your posts though.
    Casual age discrimination is the bestest.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

  7. #12967
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus LTK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,069
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I accidentally the Quantum Conundrum, I was literally just checking if it was installed properly then 6 hours later I have completed the whole game.

    So what puzzles are the ones everyone was whining about being too hard?
    I thought they were mostly doable, but the one where you have to use reverse gravity to lift and land safes off one moving robot and onto another was a bitch.

  8. #12968
    Network Hub PeteC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Cornwall UK
    Posts
    354
    Defenders Quest. Really enjoying it too. Good to see the Dev thinking of making a sequel.

    I've now got a week off work so I think I'll give Sleeping Dogs a try and see if I can complete that this week.

  9. #12969
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,169
    Can anyone help me with this one,in COD Black Ops 1,when you go through intro,really awesome music is playing,anyone know the name of song ??

  10. #12970
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    843
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Can anyone help me with this one,in COD Black Ops 1,when you go through intro,really awesome music is playing,anyone know the name of song ??
    http://www.allmusic.com/album/call-o...s-mw0002082525

  11. #12971
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Casual age discrimination is the bestest.
    Hey, I never stopped being nice to him. I'd explain what I mean, but you're right, it is a bit unfair.

  12. #12972
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,169
    Ups,it was Black Ops 2 and it was this song.







    Otherwise very medicore game in terms of gameplay,don't know how people still play these games because its the same shit since COD 1,otherwise very cinematic stuff,at least presetantion was good.

  13. #12973
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,767
    Quote Originally Posted by Caddybear View Post
    Hey, I never stopped being nice to him. I'd explain what I mean, but you're right, it is a bit unfair.
    I never said you were nasty, to be fair judging people for their age is something which even the most enlightened will do. The facts of life that the very youngest are children who we cannot expect to impart adult responsibilities on. Add to that aging, suddenly the same kids involved in pokemon card trading are running the world's banks etc.

    Yep, agism is never really gonna fade until babies get to vote and all forms of age deterioration are cured.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

  14. #12974
    Well, you are right at that. I think it's also that we know how foolish we were "back then" so we sort of expect people younger than us to be just about as foolish as we were. Which I think is a correct assumption but it's still not very nice if you think about it.

    I don't think much about things that make me feel superior to other people: for obvious reasons.

  15. #12975
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,767
    Equally we are blind to all the stupid prejudice we all career towards with age "generally speaking".

    Yep, agism is the bestest, every time I tell my kids something "just because" when in a hurry I die a little inside.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

  16. #12976
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,400
    I recently got gifted Awesomenauts, but there seem to be some big connectivity/matchmaking problems whenever I try to play. I haven't managed to play a single match from beginning to end without getting disconnected immediately or half the players dropping out a minute into the game or host migration failing or...

    Maybe it's something on my end, but I'd be surprised.

  17. #12977
    Lesser Hivemind Node Scumbag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lincoln
    Posts
    763
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    Before it came out, a couple of the devs demoed it at GiantBomb. They weren't exactly...humble. It didn't help that the game looked shit. Skip to 11mins on the video and watch it for about a minute. I feel like Brad's (the demoer) response is rather telling?
    The horrible thing is that watching the vid there its far more enjoyable then actually playing it. It does deserve an award for the most pointlessly low jump in an FPS game ever (cant even jump on a low sofa).
    Last edited by Scumbag; 24-02-2013 at 06:40 PM.

  18. #12978
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    46
    Just finished DmC, it was really fun. There are a lot of weapons to choose from and you can chain together ridiculous combos. The story is as predictable as DMC goes but there are some pretty cool set piece. The game is easier than the previous ones on normal but there're plenty more difficulties to try out afterward. A little on the short side so if you're not the type that replay your game then beware, I beat it in 7hrs.

  19. #12979
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus LTK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,069
    Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag View Post
    The horrible thing is that watching the vid there its far more enjoyable then actually playing it. It does deserve an award for the most pointlessly low jump in an FPS game ever (cant even jump on a low sofa).
    Lower than Black Mesa?

  20. #12980
    Lesser Hivemind Node Scumbag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lincoln
    Posts
    763
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    Lower than Black Mesa?
    If you played that Bulletstorm spoof, the Duty Calls one, its about that height.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •