Page 65 of 1167 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667751151655651065 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 23328
    Network Hub
    I just had my first child, and I'm already aware it will curtail (most) bad habits. Alas!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRed View Post
    I just had my first child, and I'm already aware it will curtail (most) bad habits. Alas!
    It's not so bad. Right now, there isn't that much time, and so anytime the wife and kids are away, I spend an odd kind of life split between doing crazy amounts of work around the house (because they're gone, so I can) and playing computer games quite frantically.

I'm thinking about doing a long post about it someday, because I'm curious as to other parent's gaming habits. But in a lot of ways, I feel spoilt right now. There's plenty of games out there which fit my lifestyle. Strategy games, I can't do so much, but frozen synapse has been a great fit, and rpg's are usually quite nice. No, I can't tuck meself away in a room and game for three hours on the trot, but when I can plan in time with just myself and the computer on the telly, it's a real treat.

Kids are great. So enjoy 'em and don't fret too much about the gaming. you'll find a way to fit time in, and before you know it, they'll be old enough to play co-op with!

Network Hub
    Yeah, but I have to say I'm already thinking about how to make sure he's balanced and so on, you know? I read books, I listen to music, I'd always play football rather than play a football game.. It's funny how it changes things. I mean, obvious, but still! At the moment it's just adjusting, because I can't stay up after the lady goes to bed these days as I'm woken up all bloody night! I know there'll be time for hobbies too, really. Just, at the moment it's hard to see past waking up all bloody night!! And so far it's that 'one way' thing, where we invest loads but don't get much from him other than fatigue, screaming and excrement...

Dear God, I finally finished The Witcher (the first one). Sure it was fun, but I feel like I was playing it for YEARS. It was a beautiful moment to finally slay my ultimate nemesis, the game itself, and uninstall that unholy beast (kept my saves for the sequel).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Done with Kings Bounty - Armoured Princess, after more than 30 hours. Good fun game except for the boss fights which felt unnecessary. Ended up leaving them all until I had done everything else so they (including the final boss) became trivial.
    Still got The Legend to play sometime but I don't see that happening for a long time. It's easy to get burnt out on this sort of game.

Now on to pastures new.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    A-L-M-O-S-T done with the Settlers 7 campaign, just two more missions to go. It's easily the best strategy game campaign I've played since... WarCraft 3, I guess. The game is so damn good! And even after the campaign there are a ton of scenarios and, of course, skirmish play. This one's gonna be taking up hard drive space for a long time.

Other than that, I've been getting into replaying old real-time strategy games. I just got Homeworld 2 in the mail, and I should get Rise of Nations/Thrones and Patriots later today. Ah, nostalgia. The Rise of Nations demo remains better than many full games.

Quote Originally Posted by Matzerath View Post
    Dear God, I finally finished The Witcher (the first one). Sure it was fun, but I feel like I was playing it for YEARS. It was a beautiful moment to finally slay my ultimate nemesis, the game itself, and uninstall that unholy beast (kept my saves for the sequel).
    It did seem to go on forever, didn't it? Conversely, I appear to be on my 3rd playthrough of DX:HR and even though I've now played it for almost twice as long as I did The Witcher, the time just flew by.

I've also been trying to play Bad Company 2 a bit more often, so I'm better at it when my mate is around to play it. I'm not sure I have the patience to play it for long enough stretches to improve though - I don't know why but it seems to have the ability to frustrate me faster than pretty much any MP game I've ever played.

I've just reinstalled the withcer 1 (after losing my old saves) in preparation for the second one, which I didn't even bought yet.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Splinter cell double agent
    a corpse stood upright
    a man floated up through the floor
    2 guards circle a chair taking turns to sit for half a second
    optional objective impossible because only door doesn't have any interactions.
    All cutscenes are constantly smerred by the graphical effect flash bangs cause.

All of these things happened on just one level.
    I feel that I should play this game to completion out of series loyalty, but its fucking terrible. I've reached the cruise liner bar and the quality seems back on track but... To all those who like this game? You loco.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yeah, DA is a buggy, janky mess. I like that it introduced the more aggressive CQC that would be fully integrated into conviction, but mostly it seems to be suffering real growing pains between highlights Chaos Theory and Conviction. The whole "double agent" story/scenes is pretty cool, though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Been going through all the DLC for FONV. Gives a much different vibe than wandering the desert. Not sure if this is the best venue for that, tho.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Yeah, DA is a buggy, janky mess. I like that it introduced the more aggressive CQC that would be fully integrated into conviction, but mostly it seems to be suffering real growing pains between highlights Chaos Theory and Conviction. The whole "double agent" story/scenes is pretty cool, though.
    Only Conviction is not a highlight. By no means. No.

No.

I remember not particularly hating Double Agent. I agree that double agent part of the game is done well (especially missions at the base), and some levels at least aspired towards the brilliance of Chaos Theory. Overall, though, it's pretty bad.

Finished Tomb Raider Anniversary today and liked it. Controls frustrated me at certain times, but for the most part Lara felt very responsive. After finishing Prince of Persia (2008) some time ago I was welcomed here by the possibility of making mistakes during platforming, just like in the good old days. I like both styles, however - swayed towards exploration and more action-esque alike. Looking forward to playing Underworld, as I heard many good things about it.
    Last edited by Doesn'tmeananything; 21-09-2011 at 06:50 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    *shrugs* Heliocentric and I both really like Conviction. I don't know what to tell you.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Giaddon View Post
    *shrugs* Heliocentric and I both really like Conviction. I don't know what to tell you.
    Double agent is not terribad but it makes Alpha Protocol look "++AAA!!!"

Conviction might not be a "splinter cell game" (*shudders* I feel like a member of NMA saying that) but double agent is worse made than Pandora's tomorrow, the game is a wonderful work of art but shoddy construction.

Weeeeeee! Saints row 2 plays on medium settings on me laptop. Yay! Mayhem and no RPGs for a while.

I just downloaded the Sengoku demo but there's not a fucking chance I'm penetrating that without a tutorial. Maybe at the weekend I'll sit down and spend a few hours poring over the screens a bit more and trying to figure it out.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

I bet thats what you say to all the ladies.

You wouldn't believe how low a success rate it has.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

I've got my laptop, Atom Zombie Smasher, and a bottle of Glenlivet 12.... let's do this.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Been playing a fair bit of The Settlers 7 this week after finally getting it to an eyeball-friendly state, although I think the settings are a bit high as it stutters sometimes. That said, I'm really enjoying it and I find the campaign is really good for helping you get to grips with the game, but sometimes I felt it left me a little unsure of what I should do or how I should be doing it. I'm half tempted to go back to the arguably better-looking The Settlers 6, though, as it looks better and I get on with it a little better than I do the seventh.

Also touched on Anno 1404's campaign over the weekend, as my old saves don't work so I've had to restart it, but my word it looks absolutely stunning. Still not sure about its gameplay, however, as I feel the addition of the Orient makes things much more complex and sadly you can't disable them, so once I get (In a scenario/custom game) to the point where I balance both the Occident and the Orient, I'm all thumbs and suck at it. Had a quick play of Anno 1701: The Sunken Dragon as it has a campaign unlike Anno 1701, but I didn't get far. It's also a very beautiful looking game despite its age.