Page 653 of 1054 FirstFirst ... 153553603643651652653654655663703753 ... LastLast
Results 13,041 to 13,060 of 21076
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    I tried recently and once again bounced right off the interface. Like the X series, it's another one of those games I'll never be able to play without someone in the room to assist the first time. I don't sift through huge fuckoff manuals and guides just to learn the basics. I didn't even read manuals back in the early days when it was practically mandatory.

Oh, yeah. I might get lynched for saying this but while I love the game, DF's UI is just terribad and barely navigatable. Seriously, Toady One really need to fix this

It takes a lot of getting used to, so try watching some video walkthroughs or learn the hotkeys by clicking around
    Art blog here.

Stuffed with pokemon doodles. And arse. Enter at your own risk.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Just been having a gander at some Roleplaying ideas in New Vegas, I had no idea people were so creative. Interesting ideas here include Jesus Christ, son of God, Sexually Deprived person, Retired Person, "A character like chuck norris,but not one that goes around owning everyone using his fists", King Leonidas of Sparta and founder of the New Vegas Saints amongst the more obvious choices.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    I think anyone wondering just what the hell is Dwarf Fortress about should read BoatMurdered.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    I think anyone wondering just what the hell is Dwarf Fortress about should read BoatMurdered.
    Reading about other people playing DF has always been infinitely more entertaining than playing DF.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    Oh, yeah. I might get lynched for saying this but while I love the game, DF's UI is just terribad and barely navigatable. Seriously, Toady One really need to fix this

It takes a lot of getting used to, so try watching some video walkthroughs or learn the hotkeys by clicking around
    Back when I last played (40d I think?) the main issue with the UI for me was that different hotkeys did different things in different contexts. Some menus used arrow keys to navigate and the +- keys to change values, while others used the +- keys to navigate. Toady could probably use some exposure to software engineering principles.
    I take photos of space and talk about it sometimes: http://ofspaceandthings.tumblr.com Also, I am making a game for which there is a development log: http://elegythegame.tumblr.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Reading about other people playing DF has always been infinitely more entertaining than playing DF.
    Agree. That illustrated LP was good, I forget what it's called now. Was done like a comic.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Was just gonna post some pictures from RE6 benchmark buuut pics won't load so i gave up.
    ... I take the lives of a few to protect the lives of many. I commit acts of war to preserve the greater peace. I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake; I'll do what needs to be done. Because it's my job. It's my duty. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell.

Network Hub
    Between sessions of Witcher (think I'm close to the end), I'm beating my head up against the brick walls of Binding of Isaac and Bit.Trip Runner. I feel like the Little Engine That Could If It Wasn't For Constantly Getting Kicked In The Balls.

Chuggachuggachugga(oof)-chuggachuggachugga(oof)...

Just started Chaos Theory. God I forgot how much the graphics improved over the previous two!

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    Agree. That illustrated LP was good, I forget what it's called now. Was done like a comic.
    Matul Remit endures was also a nice one, though less funny than BoatMurdered. Also, agreed on the reading > playing.

I'm gonna have to eat my hat and admit Terraria, despite the sucky jump, is a nice enough game (some choices I like better than Minecraft's), provided 20-30 minutes are invested on a Starting Out How-To before you actually start playing it - trying to plunge in on a first try was Not a Good Idea.

(I do wonder how the hell console players deal with that?)

~10 hours in, I am sort of stuck with seemingly nothing left to explore, except some corruption zones I can't get past or dig through because I don't have the nightmarish pick-axe(?), or try to find some floating islands... the world I'm in is a small one but the guide assured that was plenty big for a beginner.

I still have to start tinkering with potions, need more metals.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    I'm gonna have to eat my hat and admit Terraria, despite the sucky jump, is a nice enough game (some choices I like better than Minecraft's), provided 20-30 minutes are invested on a Starting Out How-To before you actually start playing it - trying to plunge in on a first try was Not a Good Idea.

Insanely small sample data/annecdotal evidence suggests the console folk are better at accepting and learning games with weak guidance (if only based on how many PC gamers kept trying to do the Catacombs before Undead Parish).

And yeah, I really enjoy Terraria, but I definitely run out of steam after a few hours. The dev is considering/planning another "final" patch though, so hopefully the new content will help with that.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post

~10 hours in, I am sort of stuck with seemingly nothing left to explore, except some corruption zones I can't get past or dig through because I don't have the nightmarish pick-axe(?), or try to find some floating islands... the world I'm in is a small one but the guide assured that was plenty big for a beginner.

I still have to start tinkering with potions, need more metals.
    I want to like that game but I'm always at a loss of what I'm suppose to be doing.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Insanely small sample data/annecdotal evidence suggests the console folk are better at accepting and learning games with weak guidance (if only based on how many PC gamers kept trying to do the Catacombs before Undead Parish).

And yeah, I really enjoy Terraria, but I definitely run out of steam after a few hours. The dev is considering/planning another "final" patch though, so hopefully the new content will help with that.
    I'd like to see the xbox content come to pc, even if it's DLC. I got Terraria for about the price of a mars bar and steam tells me I've played over 100 hours of it. No mars bar could last 100 hours. I played it with my girlfriend and we just set our own tasks like going on adventures, building houses, clearing the corruption and then crafting better weapons to fight the bosses.

Insanely small sample data/annecdotal evidence suggests the console folk are better at accepting and learning games with weak guidance
    Seemingly the Guide has been greatly improved too, IIRC the first time I tried it (late 2011), I could find no explanation about e.g. back walls, a trivial concept once you know about it, but the actual recipe is buried in the crafting interface and not hard to overlook.

I'm far from running out of content, just in a situation where it's not obvious what exactly I'm supposed to do. It should have at least another 15-20 hours of play left in it before I get to the point where I say "k, seen enough".
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Fought any bosses?
    steam: sketch

I finished The Longest Journey yesterday, then I threw in I Am Alive which turned out to be really disappointing. The local WIT says it all, really. The combat system seems pretty interesting on paper but the execution is all sorts of terrible. While it is never offensively bad, it has the stench of a game that had been halfway done, canned and then given to a completely different developer who just didn't give a damn and only cared to somehow turn into some sort of playable mass.
    Once again it seems that games are mostly produced like sausages.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Mucking about with the BG Enchanced Edition and seriously thinking of breaking out my BG Collection and playing through the whole thing. With some mods of course. Can anyone confirm if this guide by Destructoid is reliable?

http://www.destructoid.com/the-weeke...2-222096.phtml

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    Mucking about with the BG Enchanced Edition and seriously thinking of breaking out my BG Collection and playing through the whole thing. With some mods of course. Can anyone confirm if this guide by Destructoid is reliable?

http://www.destructoid.com/the-weeke...2-222096.phtml
    Looks similar to the one on the gog site, so it will probably work. That being said, I am not huge on BGT taking it upon themselves to "bridge the gap", so I stuck with tutu and this tutorial
    http://www.gog.com/forum/baldurs_gat...from_gog/page1
    Just keep in mind it is outdated, so make sure you grab the latest versions of all utilities.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.