Page 654 of 1257 FirstFirst ... 1545546046446526536546556566647047541154 ... LastLast
Results 13,061 to 13,080 of 25139
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    I didn't make it past step 1 *chuckle* My disc version of BG refuses to even load up.

Ok, I got it to load up and now there's a problem with 3D acceleration, and I'm not sure the mod needed to correct it is compa- oh piss on this.

The Enchanced Edition is worth every penny.
    Last edited by Drake Sigar; 26-02-2013 at 11:59 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Bad day or so in New Vegas.

Sneaked into Novac half cocked, killed a man for withholding information on where my killers were, had the owner of a hotel shot for being implicated in selling a man's wife into slavery, took that man (who killed her) with me, went looking for alcohol to blot it out.

Woke in the morning and realized that my fit of pique had left a town devoid of it's only protection from the encroaching legion so felt duty bound to scour the area and get rid of any that might be lurking to prevent them from finding out that Novac was now ripe for conquest. Took the town of Nelson from their control with some NCR support only to be jumped from a few survivors on my way out, crippled me left leg in the process.

Fell into a nest of Cazadors and had to use most of my anti venom and sidearm ammo for basically no gain. Went limping onto Boulder Town but heard gun shots in the distance, waited, and saw a bunch of Legion Assassins in the distance. The Legion have been sending bands after me ever since I killed the guy in Nipton. Killed most of them from afar but one lobbed a grenade into the rock I was standing behind leaving my whole left side and chest crippled. A party of mercenaries and a travelling merchant died as well. Had to crawl back into Novac, now with alcochol withdrawl as well, and hide until the doctor showed up in the morning.
    Last edited by sonson; 26-02-2013 at 10:54 PM.

Pixeljunk Eden is kind of a fun exploration-based platformer. I just don't understand why they felt the need to end every level right as you pick up one of the five collectibles. The levels have a set number of seeds you can activate as well, which create new platforms, and remain activated when you go in to get collectibles 2-5.

But then I start a level again after getting the final collectible, so I can activate the few remaining seeds I missed, and I see the entire level has been reset. Why?!? Why didn't it let me do the level in one go in the first place? There's no reason it couldn't inform me mid-game that a new level had been unlocked, and leaderboard-wise you could just as well log the player's score when they pick up each collectible. I guess they didn't think that activating all the seeds was necessary for completing the level, but I would have liked to get them all the first time round regardless.

It's really a minor gripe, though, since the game is quite fun aside from that. Except for the music, I don't like that at all. But I can easily replace that with my own, so it's fine.

Also, Gateways had failed to wow me previously, despite its time-traveling clones, walking on walls, shrinking and supersizing. But then I redirected a laser - wait for it - by sending it back in time. That was absolutely brilliant! Then I got the multi-gateway gun, and that's when shit got real. The next puzzle involves three time-traveling clones, one of which walks on the ceiling. This is where the fun starts.
    Last edited by LTK; 27-02-2013 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Yup, played several of them, PISS is one exception (and I even bought it). I'd say try Airwave, Eternally Us (which I never managed to finish due to a faulty motherboard and is still haunting my backlog), ^_^ and <3.
    Thanks Alms! I ran through ~Airwave~ which was ok. The characters were interesting but I really couldn’t get behind the plot. Nice for a pilot, but nothing on PISS. Artwork was gorgeous as usual.

^_^ on the other hand was Fantastic. “HEADBUTT OF AWAKENINGS!”.

Also played a bit of the demo of Teleglitch. Shotgun is an awesome sound. Brilliant in small doses, but don’t see myself playing it for hours.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Brutal Legend for the PC! It's so nice to poke around in one of Shafer's full-size games again. What a treat.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Goateh View Post
    Level drained to death by a pack of vampires before the rest of the party could walk in the door
    Having 5 party members petrified by a single greater basilisk
    End boss of BG1 having a level based instant kill that's higher than the level most classes reach in BG1
    The Underdark. Fuck you beholders, fuck you mind flayers.
    The many, many, many holds, stuns, charms, confusions and fears that will incapacitate your entire party instantly
    A lich who chain casts imprisonment with no resistance or saving throw. I still don't know how you're meant to do that.

I'm enjoying it, but I'm sure glad nobody makes D&D games now.
    What, no Twisted Rune encounter? Or Firkraag?

What resolution are you playing it on? I found 1920x1080 too big and had problems seeing things on the ground, even using the highlight key.

And Sword Coast Strategems is the mod to go for if you're a crazy person who thinks the games will be more fun if all casters get to prebuff for every encounter so even basic mages/clerics in BG1 are a fucking nightmare to take down.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Giaddon View Post
    Brutal Legend for the PC! It's so nice to poke around in one of Shafer's full-size games again. What a treat.

Game is already out ?

More XCOM: EU. Love it. Had to start again in Normal Ironman, as Classic Ironman was too much for my first run. Got some important soldiers killed while cleaning a big UFO, and that was it. Normal Ironman isn't that challenging, but it's still quite tense. I like it. Once I finish, I guess I'll try Classic Ironman again with some Second Wave options on.

For the moment, I've already attacked an enemy base, and I captured the Sectoid Commander (whose corpse then appeared in the following cutscene :-/ ). I'm not having money problems for the moment, and my team is pretty well equiped.

I am playing Heroes of the Realm. If you haven't played it, it is a F2P browser game and one of the better ones I have played. It is a great time waster and is actually quite addicting once you get into it. In my opinion, it's a great game to have on in the background and has a very unique genre blend. I recommend checking it out if you haven't already.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    What resolution are you playing it on? I found 1920x1080 too big and had problems seeing things on the ground, even using the highlight key.
    1920x1200. Those loot icons sure are small but I find the highlight works well enough. It's a little fiddly at times, especially when items are closely stacked and something is trying to stand on them, but the huge view of the world is worth all the squinting. One of the mods changes the graphics of ground loot so that you can more easily identify what's in a pile from its appearance, which helps a lot when distinguishing the endless piles of random weapon + useless armour and the piles with money.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Yeah, I play Baldurs Gate (and other Infinity Engine games) in a window. Is just easier that way.

And apparently I got in the mood for more Torchlight 2. Tried an embermage, hated it, decided to reroll my Berserker and be more intelligent in my build. Although, the RPS article makes me want to go back to Kingdoms of Amalur (flawed, but fun game).
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

My first character in Torchlight 2 was an embermage who did nothing but spam prismatic bolt. It's basically TL2's answer to Diablo 2's hammerdin. At around level 35 I had to reroll because it was just too powerful and too boring.
    Berserker is much more engaging and so is the outlander.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    TL2 depresses me, I keep bouncing off it even though I really wanted to like it. If you guys are willing to experiment, that Synergies mod that adds a Necromancer class is rather impressive.

(or you could play Path of Exile instead!)
    Last edited by Faldrath; 27-02-2013 at 02:18 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Game is already out ?
    In North America it is, anyway! Not sure about the rest of the world.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    My first character in Torchlight 2 was an embermage who did nothing but spam prismatic bolt. At around level 35 I had to reroll because it was just too powerful and too boring.
    Did you get to Act 3? The difficulty really ramps up there and even if you're still spamming prismatic bolt, there's a lot more you need to do between doing so, particularly with where you're placed and watching your health meter. If you did and still found it boring, fair enough. Also, what difficulty? I'd be really surprised for someone to get to Act 3, on Veteran, with a mage and get bored rather than excited. I started having to do more work to boost my power. I picked up an AOE move (the fire pillars) and at level 45, got the Prismatic Ally, which makes for an excellent distraction when you're low on health, or need that extra damage against a boss.

Anyhow, I'm progressing through The Witcher at a brisk pace, if by brisk you mean you have no idea exactly how quickly. Still, I've just reached chpater 3 and something is afoot with the pretty lady you've slept with a couple of times. And it's not just her hair!

Oh, well, maybe it is her hair. Perhaps another angle?

Hmmm. Still, the last boss of chapter 2 was really easy, considering I had enough money at that point to have a factory pumping out potions, if I weren't already able to do that myself and considering I now have a strong grasp of the combat, I'm barely needing those too. The boss ended up being easier than some of the common enemies you can find in the Swamp of Doomy Doom, including these turrety-plant things that fire death in needle form. I'm finding myself being a lot less annoyed with the game as I go on. Maybe it's because I'm subtly helping myself in some way, or maybe I'm just being more forgiving of the issues.

I do still have two persisting problems: auto-saving seems to be entirely random, leading to me dying and having to reload a save only to discover it was a quick save I did 15 minutes ago. That might not seem a lot, but having to trek through the town that was built using a confusing lay-out that took the entire chapter to learn, then a few cut-scenes and waltzing through the swamp infested with enemies, it can be a little "I think I'm done for now". The other is that conversations still seemed to be infused with lots of names and I never really feel like I know exactly what I'm doing other than "Go here, go there, you're going there to get that." I seem to be lacking the why, but never mind.

I persist and I'm having fun, so that's the main thing.