Page 657 of 1134 FirstFirst ... 157557607647655656657658659667707757 ... LastLast
Results 13,121 to 13,140 of 22676
    Finished Sleeping dogs last night. Cool game, the end is a bit classic but fits the setting.

Will probably play Dishonored now, but might go play a bit of GW2 again if I finally choose a main character.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    That was one of the things I liked about DS2 since it gave me an excuse to do a bunch of suicide runs.

A tip: Get the spell/scroll (been a while) that lets you open up a portal back to town and be ready to smash it down the moment you see your gear. That way, if you die, you have a shortcut. I distinctly recall doing something similar when I was grinding away at an enemy 10 levels higher than me (because I didn't want to leave the map undone :p).
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Network Hub
    Just wrapped up The Witcher. It was very long, so I'll likely hold off on starting the sequel just yet. Eager to jump into DmC and Dead Space 3 now :)

Lesser Hivemind Node squareking's Avatar
    Started up Dwarf Fortress for the 3rd time this past week and actually made some progress (after having embarked, looking at the main menu and going NOPE). I started looking around for similar titles and stumbled on Gnomoria, which is shaping up to be a ridiculously amazing DF-alike with a mouse-based interface and isometric eyecandy. I am super addicted.
    steam

Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    Finally got around finishing the Scenario in RCT 2. Picked Infernal Heights and was told to make 10 rollercoasters with at least a 6.00 rating. Not too hard but the money tends to run out when I build one
    I just finished that exact same scenario over the weekend in RCT 1. Generally I just build most of the other rides first, and only then start building coasters so I have a steady money supply. At least in 1 the various swinging ships are super profitable throughout the game and get people to ride the coasters that I accidentally make too intense.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Hour and half of gameplay,then my companion died and were teleported back to the base,one hour and half away ..With no gear..its WTF IS THIS BULLSHIT,seriously i'm going to unistall game just because of this shit.
    Don't do companions since the AI is dumb and play with friends. And I have no clue how you managed to loose all your gear, it sure isn't the game's fault because I've never had that problem.

The game has quicksave, I don't know what you're going on about.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    Don't do companions since the AI is dumb and play with friends. And I have no clue how you managed to loose all your gear, it sure isn't the game's fault because I've never had that problem.

The game has quicksave, I don't know what you're going on about.
    Wait, what game are we talking about now? I recall that Dungeon Siege II's party members are all player-controlled. There's no AI. Co-op involves both players controlling their own party. Plus, the game is eight years old, so I don't know where you'd find another friend playing it at the same time.

You might be right about the quicksave, though. My sister was playing the game a few months ago and I think I remember hearing the 'ding' sound of saving pretty often.

Edit: Now I remember. You can save any time you like, but loading the game will put you right back in the most recently visited town. Your progress is saved, but your location isn't.
    Last edited by LTK; 28-02-2013 at 09:13 PM.

Currently playing through The Witcher. Just arrived at the second chapter and killed the cockatrice together with the paladin. The second chapter seems even more interesting than chapter 1. Sure, this game is quirky but it is actually quite good!

Also picked up Gratuitous Space Battles this weekend. I really like it so far, but it would have been fun to have the AI use your designs, just as I've heard it does in Gratuitous Tank Battles...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Finished Witcher 2 EE playthrough, nice bit of extra content at the end there and it's fantastic that I can be playing it for the third time and still be doing markedly different things. Shame the spectacle fights (eg. those against big beasties like the Kayran) are not very well done due to hitboxes or bossfight rules; especially seeing as the parts where you're given a tonne of human/humanoid enemies to fight are a lot more fun, especially towards the end once your skill trees are more fleshed out.

Still love the game though. There are few better. Can't wait for the next one

Finished Dreamfall. It did feel oddly short. Also, that was one catastrophic no-ending that really answered just about no question. It's one thing to leave some mysteries unsolved but they kind of crossed a line here. I don't think a single character's fate is resolved by the end. Well, except for Faith and Brynn. Maybe.
    Then there's all the dangling plot lines as well...
    Yeah, I'm kinda miffed about this. Very disappointing.
    Last edited by Anthile; 28-02-2013 at 10:38 PM.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    New Vegas is magnificent. I feel like i can really plot my own course, make shit happen, and it feels organic and big and involved. So much opportunity to craft your own way forward, and so much mechanics wise to support that in terms of narrative as well. There's a ton of exposition and lore but it's also crafted in such a way to leave space fot all that to evolve of it's own.

Good example-I was running away from the Legion Assassins to find shelter in Vegas-Benny was very much secondary now to the fact that I had been hunted daily ever since Nipton by a mob of very dangerous enemies- thought I'd try and get in with either the Kings or the Van Graffs for protection.
    Was asked by the VG's to deliver something to a mysterious man, who I suspected was Legion, so I shot him. A thing popped up saying "Quest failed etc" but I thought I would go back and see what would happen becuase that's usally how you get extrea content in RPG's.
    I was expecting trouble because I failed the quest, but Gloria asked me how it went, I lied and said good, and that was that. I got paid and aksed if I wanted in on the next thing. Which makes perfect sense. No-one else was there to know what happened, so she had no reason or ability to know what I'd done. I asked her about who it was for and she didn't tell but said something vague, so now I'm even more convinced it was for Caesar, but hey, I don't know, maybe it will turn around and bite me in the ass.

But out of that simple little quest tree I can either continue to work with Graffs, carry on and do no more, or decide to go after them on the Legion pretext. I could have potentially pissed off someone who isn't the Legion as well, I just don't know. But all those concluions are plausible and they're all due to some economic and clever plotting. Most other games would have been initially up front with consequences and identity as soon as I inquired into it, just as an avenue to XP before moving onto something else, but the way it's done it keeps everything moving even once the XP gaining bit is over and helps to create a rich context that surrounds what's going on besides your main quest line. Really good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by lasikbear View Post
    I just finished that exact same scenario over the weekend in RCT 1. Generally I just build most of the other rides first, and only then start building coasters so I have a steady money supply. At least in 1 the various swinging ships are super profitable throughout the game and get people to ride the coasters that I accidentally make too intense.
    Yes, definately the thrill rides are important for a steady profit early on and I think the guests get a little braver when you focus on them so, building Gentle rides just contributes to your loss later instead and end up having to demolish them to maximize profits, which is a bit of a bummer because I loved the Merry-Go-Round and it's earworm organ music. The Magic Carpet is quite similar to the Pirate Ship but it could fit in lesser guests.

On another note, five hours in Deus Ex and lots of progress. Finally went back to New York for the Illuminati bullcrap after blowing up the UC (and Maggie Chow with a GEP gun) in Hong Kong and killed the 'reporter'. Man, my head hurts...
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    Wait, what game are we talking about now? I recall that Dungeon Siege II's party members are all player-controlled. There's no AI. Co-op involves both players controlling their own party. Plus, the game is eight years old, so I don't know where you'd find another friend playing it at the same time.

You might be right about the quicksave, though. My sister was playing the game a few months ago and I think I remember hearing the 'ding' sound of saving pretty often.

Edit: Now I remember. You can save any time you like, but loading the game will put you right back in the most recently visited town. Your progress is saved, but your location isn't.
    Dungeon Siege 2 had AI controlled characters like the giant guy in the beginning if I'm not mistaken, they were pretty much a packing mule with a sword.

Plus, the game is eight years old, so I don't know where you'd find another friend playing it at the same time.
    Friends play whatever game you invite them to because LAN games are a dying race and everyone rejoices that. ;p ( That they were a thing, not that they're dying.)

Also Dungeon Siege is the best and you should play it even though it's a bit old, DSII is all right but takes away a great musical score, an interesting skill mechanic and exploring but still a fun game. Stay clear from Dungeon Siege III and Space Siege.
    Last edited by Ravelle; 01-03-2013 at 11:05 AM.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Obscure Node
    Finished Hitman: Absolution and it left behind a slightly disappointed feeling, 47 felt a bit OOC at times... moving on to the new Chrysis which looks fantastic... and playing the beta of Legends of Aethereus.

Quote Originally Posted by kstress71 View Post
    Just wrapped up The Witcher. It was very long, so I'll likely hold off on starting the sequel just yet. Eager to jump into DmC and Dead Space 3 now :)
    Quote Originally Posted by FunnyB View Post
    Currently playing through The Witcher. Just arrived at the second chapter and killed the cockatrice together with the paladin. The second chapter seems even more interesting than chapter 1. Sure, this game is quirky but it is actually quite good!
    That is strange as I'm also playing The Witcher. Towards the beginning of chapter 3 ATM. The first time I tried to play the game I quit around the beginning of chapter 2, but this time I'm hooked.

Also playing Rayman 3. It's okay, but I'm not enjoying it nearly enough as Rayman 2.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Rayman 2 has a very special place in my heart. I don't know why but I dearly love the game.

Probably because it was one of my favourite games on the Dreamcast and I bought and played it again on the PC. Its just a good game that rewards me with a happy, fuzzy feeling.

Meanwhile, in KotoR the Sith base on Manaan is utterly ruining me; i'd forgotten how hard the game actually is on hard difficulty. The three dark jedi destroy me always and the master? Oh gawd. Decided to reload a save prior to entering the base and building my cash reserves so went and won the Swoop tracks on both Manaan and Tatooine. Gonna go back to Manaan after a bit of levelling up and getting HK-47. >:D
    Last edited by khaz; 01-03-2013 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by khaz View Post
    Meanwhile, in KotoR the Sith base on Manaan is utterly ruining me; i'd forgotten how hard the game actually is on hard difficulty. The three dark jedi destroy me always and the master? Oh gawd. Decided to reload a save prior to entering the base and building my cash reserves so went and won the Swoop tracks on both Manaan and Tatooine. Gonna go back to Manaan after a bit of levelling up and getting HK-47. >:D
    Hah! I think I reloaded 5-7 times for that! Those 3 stooges are a pain in ass. In the end I used cheap shot to kill those 3.[Dont highlight] I planted frag mines and poison mines in the hallway and I used T3 to pen the door and lure them in the mines. As the robot is kinda immune from their force powers.[/]
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Quote Originally Posted by Kodeen View Post
    That is strange as I'm also playing The Witcher. Towards the beginning of chapter 3 ATM. The first time I tried to play the game I quit around the beginning of chapter 2, but this time I'm hooked.
    It's because of the mod thread, isn't it? I'm playing it too; just arrived in the Temple quarter. I'm hoping I can avoid whatever glitch made it impossible for me to get into the graveyard last time. I gotta cull the stray dog population for the gravedigger, but how will I do that if I can't draw my sword outside of combat? Or is it just not allowed to draw your weapon during the day?

Or is it just not allowed to draw your weapon during the day?
    Correct, the city turns 'hostile' at night so you can draw it.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

It's because of the mod thread, isn't it?
    Actually, no. I haven't even seen that, guess I'll have to take a look. I'm just now playing it because it was towards the back of my backlog and I figured it's time to get to it. Probably the announcement of TW3 had something to do with it as well.

I gotta cull the stray dog population for the gravedigger, but how will I do that if I can't draw my sword outside of combat? Or is it just not allowed to draw your weapon during the day?
    That's exactly it. You can only draw your sword in a combat zone, and the Temple quarter is only a combat zone at night where there are bandits and other monsters around. Also, there are infinite dogs (should've been a tagline like 'infinite dragons' for Skyrim) so you don't need to worry about running around finding that last one.