Page 659 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 1595596096496576586596606616697097591159 ... LastLast
Results 13,161 to 13,180 of 24141
    I started playing FTL in between everything, again.

I've also been playing The Banner Saga: Factions. I really love the tactical gameplay and the art style, but I'm not really into the purely competetive and at the moment without-any-bells-and-whistles multiplayer, so I'm very much looking forward to the more RPGey single player game coming out!

In between that, I'm playing FTL.

Next I have Kingdoms of Amalamallabradoodle and Bit.Trip Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rythm Alien (phew!) on my list, but I'll probably play more FTL.

Obscure Node
    I've just started Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. I've been rather slow playing through recent (and not-so-recent) videogame series due to Degree/PhD related time constraints and playing an increasing amount of multi-player games with my friends (CS:GO on that front at the moment) I only played through ACII last December!

I was pleased to see the changes they made in ACII compared to the original. I began to find the assassination missions dull and repetitive. I mean, the actual assassination bit was always fun. But the mindnumbingly dull 'kill that', 'snatch this', 'run there' quests that were required before hand were starting to suck the fun from it. In ACII, that side of things was pushed into optional side-quests, with each assassination now feeling like a short, unique story that built into the whole narrative. The combat felt fluider and more interesting; a few extra moves adding more variety without the need to pre-prepare a list of combos on a sticky note stuck to the monitor.

I've played a bit under two hours of ACII:Brotherhood and, so far, it feels like ACII but better still, which is fine by me! :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    You can basically always make that assumption with me.
    I played Dungeon Siege with several friends at a LAN and it was pretty much the opposite of what you described. To this day we can all still recall the antics we got up to in that game (often at another player's expense, and usually in an area far too advanced for our level). I guess context plays a huge role in some games.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Driving trucks across Europe gives my hands something to do while I listen to stand-up specials. Admiring the music while playing Brutal Legend.

Getting a bit piqued in Mask of the Betrayer about having to juggle 3 of 4 NPCs when there's no particular reason (other than encounter balance) not to have them all.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Menshai View Post
    I've just started Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood.
    Enjoy it, while the aritecture was at its most dull in Assassin's Creed: Bronies (except the landmark structures) it is in all other ways the peak of the series, adding stuff to do which actually involved stealth+stabbing and not pointless padding. The multiplayer peaked(and started) there too as the later titles added micro transactions and a fair few balance ruining equipments.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Getting a bit piqued in Mask of the Betrayer about having to juggle 3 of 4 NPCs when there's no particular reason (other than encounter balance) not to have them all.
    open console
    DebugMode 1
    rs ga_party_limit(*)
    rs ga_roster_party_add(***)

Breaks balance a bit but makes things feel more complete. And seeing as it's easy enough to solo the game with a half decent character build, balance isn't really there to begin with.

* - put a number here, 5 should be fine (might need to be in square brackets [])
    *** - just type in the name of whoever is the person not in your party, eg. okku)

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Enjoy it, while the aritecture was at its most dull in Assassin's Creed: Bronies (except the landmark structures) it is in all other ways the peak of the series, adding stuff to do which actually involved stealth+stabbing and not pointless padding.
    I have completed Assassin's Creed: Buddenbrooks recently and I gotta say, I found it to be weaker as AC2 in almost every respect (story, setting, even the graphics felt inferior). It also has so much bloat ...

Sir, you have besmirched Ass:Bro...

Actually, yunno what, 2 did have a better story/setting, but I think I started to get "blending" around the fat guy in the party in Bro. Before that I didn't get it.

*reinatalls Ass2 curiously*

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    That reminds me ... I was always intrigued by the concept of AC multiplayer (yes, I know that it's basically a rip-off of The Ship) but never got around to actually playing the thing.

I guess with two sequels out, AssBro's multiplayer is deader than dead?

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    I've been playing Botanicula. There isn't much in the way of puzzles. You just click everything in sight and see what happens, but the game is so wide-eyed and adorable that there's a payoff every time.
    Oh, the sound design. That sound design is absolutely delightful.

Ass Bro multiplayer is active only on the default settings, which isn't so bad. But limited.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Velko View Post
    Oh, the sound design. That sound design is absolutely delightful.
    I define Botanicula as "the game Sigur Rós would make if Sigur Rós made games". Just like I define Proteus as "the game Brian Eno would make if Brian Eno made games" (no, Spore doesn't count).

I have been on a roll finishing games lately (mainly thanks too a cold) so I decided to pick Culpa Innata next. I am not a very smart man.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    I have completed Assassin's Creed: Buddenbrooks recently and I gotta say, I found it to be weaker as AC2 in almost every respect (story, setting, even the graphics felt inferior). It also has so much bloat ...
    I found the exact same thing to be true. Started poorly, mainly as AC2 ended with silly things, got a bit better for the first bit of Rome then became slowly less fun as things progressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Driving trucks across Europe gives my hands something to do while I listen to stand-up specials. .
    Any good finds? I could use some new comedy right now.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    I never knew going for a tank build specializing in Melee and Unarmed in New Vegas would be so much fun! Punching Geckos and Bark Scorpions and Bloatflies to death fucking awesome!
    The one problem with melee builds is death claws. It's all about who can hit first, especially when playing with the JE Sawyer mod. Once you've hit them and they're on the ground you kill any of them. I've never had a weapon in a game more viscerally satisfying than the ballistic fist.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Is there any way to fix corrupted save files for New Vegas? After discovering that my old game had apparently been corrupted (auto- and quicksaves), I started a new one a few days ago. Guess what just happened? I validated the files before starting over, so I doubt that'll help.

I like the game, but starting over again would be the fourth time and I'm not sure I'll cope.

I dont know if you can fix that. But you can prevent any future corruption by using CASM mod
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mnemnoch View Post
    I dont know if you can fix that. But you can prevent any future corruption by using CASM mod
    That does look useful. However, both cases have corrupted both autosave and quicksave, even if they were some time apart. At least I think they're corrupted. The loading screen gets stuck in a loop.

Did you try disabling all your installed mods and/or dlc then try loading that savegame?

Alot of complain I saw are corrupted savegame due to autosave. Never encountered it, but I used that mods since I started playing FNV.
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem