Page 668 of 1052 FirstFirst ... 168568618658666667668669670678718768 ... LastLast
Results 13,341 to 13,360 of 21040
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    I was going to play some Tombraider but ended up playing Dark Souls all day.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    I'm planning on replaying the modern trilogy backwards.

Underworld > Anniversary > Legend

Then maybe original ones,if they haven't aged badly..But dat tank controls :(
    ... I take the lives of a few to protect the lives of many. I commit acts of war to preserve the greater peace. I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake; I'll do what needs to be done. Because it's my job. It's my duty. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I know I'll get flack for this but after buying Bad Piggies for my middle child I'd often get summoned to finish particularly tricky levels. Today after getting the kids to bed I started playing it under the motive of "finishing that one level... 2&1/2 hours later I'm still playing. What have I done!
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Just finished Max Payne 3. Very fun, but didn't feel like a Max Payne game (felt a lot like Stranglehold, actually) and Max felt very out of character for the most part. There were a few moments where it felt like the devs got Max "right" (as in, like Remedy did him), but they still seemed to have a fundamental misunderstanding.

It might be bias, but I think the key might be that the new devs didn't realize that MP1 and MP2 were somewhat tongue-in-cheek on the heavy melodrama and the like, and instead attribute that to Max being a guy who walks around spouting one-liners and bieng melodramatic. Which worked with their direction ("washed up action movie hero"), but was a drastically different direction in general.

So yeah, I was right. Very fun game, but Max Payne's journey ended with Mona's death (I don't count the secret ending).
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    I hate Anor Londo.

Should I give Painted World a shot? This game goes well with Haxan Cloak.
    Last edited by sabrage; 10-03-2013 at 05:04 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Just beat Stalker SoC for the first time. I really, really, really hated the last few levels. The game was a joy to play up until Pripyat. I think I like CoP a bit better, because CoP managed to keep the free-form feel of the zone going throughout the whole game. Stalker isn't a very good corridor shooter, because the weapons are just too deadly. I had to reload 15 times for a fight because guys kept spawning behind me and getting head shots. Eventually turned it down to novice from veteran (whatever the difficulty above normal is) and still died a ton.

Quote Originally Posted by FFabian View Post
    Any word on Sang-Froid Werewolvesomething?
    Hentzau (aka Scientific Gamer) liked it for the most part - see http://scientificgamer.com/thoughts-sang-froid/. His criticisms basically amount to "it lacks polish".
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    I launch it through the 4GB exe thing, that's how I know it works for me. I'll see if I can find the link. I'm using the enhanced texture mod, only the lite one, but also Project reality, better wasteland and a bunch other texture things as well as no more pain which adds about 300 more NPC's and hundreds of buildings so would have thought that would have more than equaled the medium texture pack for strain. I've got a strong computer but given how poorly New Vegas uses resources i think it plateaus quite low tech wise anyway so don't think it will be that.
    I tried launching it through the 4 GB exe, as you said, and so far it's worked a lot better! Thanks!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    System Shock 2. Let the pants-crapping commence.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    I hate Anor Londo.
    You want to post the song, don't you?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    I've been playing Skyrim again. Was having a blast with it, got to about level 21 as a mage, something I've never done before, finished all the College of Winterhold mage quests and became the Archmage.

Now I'm getting a bit board of it again.

I'm starting to think these games would be better if at the end of the quest chains you didn't become the leader of the organisation that you waltzed into just about a week ago. There's maybe less than ten required quests from joining to the College to becoming the most important person in it. And once you do, it's not like anyone outside the college notices.

I think that's one thing Fallout NV got so so right. You help a gang or a faction out and in the end they're all "hey man, you're a really cool dude, he's a token of our appreciation for you being a cool dude." None of this, "I'm the leader of every faction in the game, yet when I stroll into a town people are still all 'please find my lost ring, I think it's in the sewers'"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    When anyone else was playing The Witcher, did they slowly find their will to carry on playing it feel like it was being sapped away? I'm enjoying it, but everything seeeeeeeeeeeeeems sooooooooooo draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwn outttttttttttttttttttttttttt and it's getting to the point where I'm going "Well, I could play that, or I could just play PlanetSide 2." I spent around an hour at the start of act 3 simply filling in the new map and working out where all the important things were. At least this was finished with a fun question that involved simply talking to people, including making someone who'd taken a vow of silence get drunk and divulge information. That was fun actually, I guess.

Oh and in non-PC gaming, last night I made a run to fill in the regional Pokédex in Pokémon White 2 which I have now done so. My reward was a shiny dragon type (Haxorus, if you were curious) that looks bad-ass. Now about 80 mons to collect before I complete the Unovan dex and then about 300 after that to actually catch'em all. I doubt that'll happen, but I shall try! I'll also be utterly bemused if by the time Pokémon X and Y come round, you can't transfer mons from generation 5 to 6, even if that is 3DS only...which I can see me buying to play this on.