Page 672 of 1054 FirstFirst ... 172572622662670671672673674682722772 ... LastLast
Results 13,421 to 13,440 of 21075
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    I think your build also makes a big difference in the Witcher. My first play was pretty hard. My second play was trivial because I pumped points into aard and quen fast. Stun with force push and use shield to drastically increase survivability.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    After having a gaming binge of over 3 weeks on my PSVita (God DAMN Persona 4 Golden is ridiculously good) I have finally started Brutal Legend, and more or less what I expected, I adore the setting, characters and soundtrack, but the gameplay is meh-ish. Still quite enjoying it, though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Just got s the narrative of driver San Francisco, I'll be back to playing it, I'm far from finished but some of the (completely optional) dare objectives feel impossible at times.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    I don't trust that mod. I like what it wants to do but I feel like the execution will be imperfect. Mainly as TW1 is built on the Aurora engine (of NWN1, KOTOR fame) which never had to deal with hitboxes or fluid movement. If kikimores are a problem now then I have a horrible feeling some enemies are going to, and this is the politest way of putting this, shitfuck you later.
    Possibly, but like I said, potion overdose. I just cleared out the Salamandra drug crypt - there must have been forty of the bastards in there - and they really forced me to keep moving, combine different styles, and use signs. It wouldn't have been nearly as satisfying if I could have just breezed through there spamming the group style. So I think the mod does a pretty good job of balancing the combat. Also, the patch notes said Pain, Blind and Stun effects were insta-killing Geralt when they were inflicted, so they disabled all enemies from using them. Bug or not, that helps.

The blacksmiths in Vizima are being fickle as I don't know what. When I first emerged from the sewers, both the Dwarven and the Order blacksmith were happy to serve me. Then, when Siegfried granted me access to the Dike, the Order blacksmith suddenly forgot he ever knew me. Now that I've gotten access to the Trade Quarter, the Dwarven blacksmith has forgotten about me as well... but the Order trader - the one in the armor - suddenly does want to show me his wares, while the fatty says "Begone, atheist!" WTF?
    Last edited by LTK; 13-03-2013 at 12:57 AM.

New build on New Vegas today and I'm not enjoying it much at the moment, especially when I have to get rid of the "KILL EVERYTHING" mindset everytime I play this. I have to run away more frequently and not picking up any weapons that aren't energy weapons, silent or melee unless I want to sell them. I'm gonna need to go to Novac ASAP for parts for ED-E and some laser pistols on the way there. Maybe things will get better when I burglerize the Silver Rush.
    Art blog here.

Stuffed with pokemon doodles. And arse. Enter at your own risk.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Getting my ass kicked in Silent Storm 2 Gold. 2nd real mission in (some Nazi testing site) and I ve lost count of the times I had to restart it. Is the mission progression linear? If I go back to base and choose another mission, is there a chance it's a bit easier?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    I found potions to be essential mid game onwards on medium difficulty, but ingredients weren’t hard to come by, nor was information on monsters to tell me about their weakness. Hitting up a wiki would do the same thing without you having to buy lore books. Monsters tend to be quite monstrous if you just try and poke them but if you know their weakness you can get the better of them fairly easily. I found bombs to be useful against weak opponents, such as Salamandra mobs or drowners, but a waste otherwise. Also, it’s worth trying to get some charms to ward certain monsters off. There is one which keeps drowners away for example, which is a real time saver. Worth pointing out as well that you don’t have to kill everything, especially in the swamps, just run past and things will eventually ignore you or get into a fight/eaten by something else in the ecosystem.

I feel it’s best to play The Witcher as a transition from the late 90’s Obsidian/Black Isle/Bioware isometric RPG’s to the Witcher 2 (or Fallouts after 3, to a lesser extent). It’s not as obviously stat based but it’s far more cerebral than it's contemporaries and requires more patience than would be expected from a game which came out about ten years later. If you could play it at an isometric angle I honestly think it would feel pretty much the same, all the way down to clicking on things to die.

Now the Witcher 2 is available it’s excellence can certainly make the first Witcher look very much the experimental stop gap that it was intended to be, as it improves on pretty much everything. But I still maintain it’s an excellent game in its own right if you treat it as more of a heavy RPG. Look at the RPG company it keeps on GOG, it's closer to that than something than say Mass Effect or Dragon Age, or indeed it's own sequel.
    Last edited by sonson; 13-03-2013 at 10:14 AM.

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    Got involved as an arbiter between two Brahmin Farmers having a beef (snarf) in New Vegas, both of whom are wearing more or less the same clothes and are voiced by the same person doing the same accent which also happens to be the voice of Duncan from Dragon Age. It's Immersive stuff.
    Is that the quest involving the Ultra-Luxe? If so, you're in for a treat. That's probably the best quest in the entire game. There's so many options for approaching it and so many different outcomes that can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    New build on New Vegas today and I'm not enjoying it much at the moment, especially when I have to get rid of the "KILL EVERYTHING" mindset everytime I play this. I have to run away more frequently and not picking up any weapons that aren't energy weapons, silent or melee unless I want to sell them. I'm gonna need to go to Novac ASAP for parts for ED-E and some laser pistols on the way there. Maybe things will get better when I burglerize the Silver Rush.
    If you're still in the area, the Goodsprings cave has a dead Bright follower, who always spawns with a random energy weapon. I believe the weapon is one tier higher than the usual equipment found at this point, so you can get a plasma pistol, a laser rifle or even a recharger pistol. The Yangtze memorial a bit further ahead also has a guaranteed energy weapon in one of the hollowed-out rocks. Those two should be enough to carry you through the early game.

Obscure Node
    I am 40 hrs into Fallout NV and only just finish making my decision on the 'ultimate' weapon. Easily sidetracked by exploring and questing. Have also started Geneforge 1...a real classic it is.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kataras View Post
    Getting my ass kicked in Silent Storm 2 Gold. 2nd real mission in (some Nazi testing site) and I ve lost count of the times I had to restart it. Is the mission progression linear? If I go back to base and choose another mission, is there a chance it's a bit easier?
    I believe so. It has been a while (I think I might even replay it now :p), but the early missions vary pretty drastically in terms of difficulty. So if one is too hard, try another.

Just keep in mind that the later missions tend to be pretty consistent, if you catch my drift.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by fiddlesticks View Post
    Is that the quest involving the Ultra-Luxe? If so, you're in for a treat. That's probably the best quest in the entire game. There's so many options for approaching it and so many different outcomes that can happen.
    The Ultra-luxe quest never fails to bug out for me.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    I believe so. It has been a while (I think I might even replay it now :p), but the early missions vary pretty drastically in terms of difficulty. So if one is too hard, try another.

Just keep in mind that the later missions tend to be pretty consistent, if you catch my drift.
    thanks for the reply! It's a great game but quite brutal...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Ultra Luxe quest is the one. I’ve done it one way before but I think I’m going to frame Heck for the murder of his son this time. Both of them are dicks and I’m roleplaying as an anti-establishment/imperial type so Heck fits the bill for some punishment. Murder and perjury seems an appropriate response for me not liking someone(videogames).

Also working out what my ultimate weapon should be. Been using That Gun and the Varmint Rifle mostly up to this point, with a bit of lever action shotgun involved. I tend to veer away from guns that are ridiculously powerful but it fits in Fallout so don’t mind going for something like the Anti-Material rifle for the first time, but it would cost me all my monies and ammo is hardly readily available for it this early on. Trail Carbine will pop up if I wait for a level but I need to get off to Caesar’s fort and get the chip off Benny and it feels gamey not doing that with any sense of urgency. Hunting Revolver is affordable but used it last time and wasn’t as fun as I was expecting. I’m glad power weapons are in the game as they add a lot, but they aren’t for me. When the shooting is so fun and the crack of a rifle and bang of a pistol so satisfying space lasers feel like a distinct second best to use.

Only ever killed Legion with extreme prejudice in other games so I’m interested to see what Caesar/Lt Rawles off of The Wire has to say for himself. I won’t be siding with him but still.

I am back in GW2 and started over from scratch. I am starting to get better at PVP with my amazing Asura guardian.

I also tried Warframe yesterday, which is actually pretty cool ! I like cooperative gameplay. It reminds me of ME3 multiplayer, but I think I like it better. Is there a RPS team already ?

I also started Persona 4 golden but read a spoiler about the murderer by mistake... Is the game ruined for me a should I still play for other surprises . (I only know the name of the killer, not is motives or how he killed.

I am stuck in Dishonored. It's brilliantly designed but the story fails to interest me...

Hitting up a wiki would do the same thing without you having to buy lore books.
    Plenty of books to be found lying around, though, although selling alchemical ingredients would net me enough that I had no problems buying books and stuff. Also, you can re-sell the books as soon as you're done with them.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayk View Post
    I also started Persona 4 golden but read a spoiler about the murderer by mistake... Is the game ruined for me a should I still play for other surprises . (I only know the name of the killer, not is motives or how he killed.
    I'd say keep playing. It's a fantastic game/experience, and the whole "murderer" thing ends up being quite more convoluted and complex than you can imagine, though you need to unlock the True ending to truely unravel it all.

FTL
    FTL
    FTL
    More FTL
    And More FTL

ACCURSED BATTLECRUISER! I BITE MY THUMB AT YE!!!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Blitzing through Defender Quest with scarcely a sideways look. Mercifully/Disappointingly the long range units are completely over powered so I can just plod along building up seeming infinite cash for inevitable end game shop.

I really ought to load up on all the minion types so they can level up now before I need them. Having to grind them up would suck.

Also it makes my cpu heat up like you wouldn't believe.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    PES MOTHERFUCKING 2013! Now with 1.02 patch and 4.0 DLC!
    ... I take the lives of a few to protect the lives of many. I commit acts of war to preserve the greater peace. I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake; I'll do what needs to be done. Because it's my job. It's my duty. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell.

I found bombs to be useful against weak opponents, such as Salamandra mobs or drowners, but a waste otherwise.
    What kinds of bombs? I've tried Samum and Devil's Puffball now, and the former had no effect on either humans or monsters, while I used the latter against some bandits and it made them cough, so I guess that means it works.

Also, it’s worth trying to get some charms to ward certain monsters off. There is one which keeps drowners away for example, which is a real time saver.
    Maybe it's the mod, but the description for those charms tells me they're just folk superstition and they don't work. Regardless, the monster encounters seem to scale to my level; I haven't seen a Drowner in the swamp for (in-game) weeks, the sewers are downright deserted of monsters, and I've already exterminated the entire population of Drowned Dead, which left me without enough tongues to complete Siegfried's quest. So yeah, it's realistic, but inconvenient.

If you could play it at an isometric angle I honestly think it would feel pretty much the same, all the way down to clicking on things to die.
    Guess what? F1 gives you an isometric perspective, complete with click-to-move. The game even asks you which of the two you want to use when starting a new game.

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Plenty of books to be found lying around, though, although selling alchemical ingredients would net me enough that I had no problems buying books and stuff. Also, you can re-sell the books as soon as you're done with them.
    If by 'lying around' you mean 'stored in cupboards in people's houses', then yes. :-P Sometimes book sellers refuse to buy their books back, but then you can just go to another book seller or a general merchant. I only buy books that describe monsters, because I'm already overflowing with alchemical ingredients and I don't need to buy a book that says how to gather Han too.

Incidentally, anyone know what I can do with the golem's obsidian heart?