Page 676 of 1180 FirstFirst ... 1765766266666746756766776786867267761176 ... LastLast
Results 13,501 to 13,520 of 23599
    Fallout 1 and Minecraft. Playing with my sister ( who is 21 years old ) and it is lots of fun. With mods of course. Vanilla minecraft gets boring fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    Don't worry, Defender's Quest is fantastic. Granted, I tried to play every level on the hardest difficulty that I could ace, and nothing felt like a grind. I'm about 2/3 the way through New Game Plus. I go through a few missions on Hard, then go back and try them again on Expert, and it never feels like a grind. Besides, since you can change the game difficulty in addition to the monster difficulty, you can set it so that it'll remain challenging.
    I finished the game last week and agree with this. Thoroughly enjoyed it. I'll be going myself back for the new game+ soon as although I completed it I don't feel as though I'm done with it yet.

edit. Wrong thread :/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    I'm playing Baldurs Gate on my nokia n95.

Currently playing Cavestory+ and I am stuck at the Evil Core. Enjoyed it a lot till now but failing again and again at a boss battle is fun for only a short time. But somehow I am already tempted to start a new game once I beat it to get to the secret ending and getting some weapons I missed this playthrough. Leveldesign and the physics are perfect in this game. Didnt mind the backtracking you have to do in some levels.

Anyways I had the great idea to try out Dark Souls again tonight and bounced right off from it again. Actually a really stupid idea when you are stuck at a boss battle to try to get into this one again. Had some problems getting it to run because of GFWL but I could fix it easily. Recently moved to China and you cannot use Gfwl there, but using a VPN did the trick.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    I'm playing Baldurs Gate on my nokia n95.
    Why?.............

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    Why?.............
    Dragon Age wouldn't launch.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    Why?.............

Good question men,i can't bother with superior pc version.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Tomb Raider reboot

Okay, I'm more or less enjoying this game despite some obvious flaws but I had to pause and write this.

minor spoiler ahead

Lara Croft. Is she stupid? After broadcasting a SOS signal couldn't she say something like "Hey, almost forgot, there are seven thousand armed men here, be sure to bring expeditionary force with tanks and air support"? Why couldn't she at least mention armed thugs who kill people on sight? Why? I can already see a dramatic scene where rescuers are killed. All because Lara Croft is stupid.

EIDT: oh, never mind. Writer just forgot about that. Plane was supposed to crash anyway. And where it was going to land again? On a mountaintop? Were they just dropping off supplies? What the hell, who wrote that idiocy?

EDIT2: and then she just looked at how the pilot got stabbed to death. Now this may be screenwriters fault. Still, in my rage I spit tea all over my screen.
    Last edited by coldvvvave; 16-03-2013 at 11:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by coldvvvave View Post
    Tomb Raider reboot

Okay, I'm more or less enjoying this game despite some obvious flaws but I had to pause and write this.

minor spoiler ahead

Lara Croft. Is she stupid? After broadcasting a SOS signal couldn't she say something like "Hey, almost forgot, there are seven thousand armed men here, be sure to bring expeditionary force with tanks and air support"? Why couldn't she at least mention armed thugs who kill people on sight? Why? I can already see a dramatic scene where rescuers are killed. All because Lara Croft is stupid.

EIDT: oh, never mind. Writer just forgot about that. Plane crashed anyway. And where it was supposed to land again? On a mountaintop? What the hell, who wrote that idiocy?
    DO NOT think about the story much - it's complete cobblers. You're not playing a Tomb Raider game, you're playing a third-person cover shooter and the story is just to make it OK for a young girl to murder EVERY SINGLE STRANGER SHE MEETS WITHOUT HESITATION by making them appear to be maniacs.

If you get hung up on the SoS call - wait until you spend an hour climbing into a highly defended fortress that no-one has entered for centuries only to find the the men who were chasing you just strolled in the 'goons only' entrance and are ready to head-you-off the moment you get inside - that will blow your mind...

Seriously tho - we need to ask Crystal Dynamics how the fuck they went from a Tomb Raider game to this...

Also funny thing is noticing how at the start of game she starts fire because she is cold right ? Then later in game she is climbing on fucking ice mountain,in her t-shirt! xD

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    And in other news we have reports that, shocking enough, video games are neither realistic nor consistant! Well fuck-a-duck.

Hurdurdur..Point is that they tried to create this belief that she is vulnerable etc.. Then they did that and that,and fucked up everything. Remember how you kill first deer and its like OMG NO WHAT HAVE I DONE FORGIVE ME ANIMAL FROM NATURE I AM HUNGRY! Then after that she is like oh deers and shoot dozen of them,same with killing first guy,after that she kills 300 guys more :|

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    And then, he shot up Freeside. It seems he will only cooperate if he finds people useful. Sure, The Kings can't be convinced to work with House but he should at least find a a way to work with them instead. It shows a bit of how House doesn't care for the ones that really needed the help they could get. He's not compassionate but he has his way of rebuilding New Vegas even if it isn't a win-win solution
    Nah, I disagree. All of the choices need to have some form of unresolved tension or issue for you to tackle, some sacrifice you have to make, as otherwise picking the one choice that didn't would be obvious and not picking it dumb or sociopathic. If choosing House had been a choice for everyone innocent or downtrodden being happy then it wouldn't have been much of a choice at all, and totally out of keeping with every thing else going on.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Vulnerability went out the window when the game requires or even allows you to kill hundreds of enemies. The tone of the new Tomb Raider sounds like that which Far Cry 3 would have had if it hadn't played up the crazy side so much. FC3 cast you as a fish-out-of-water, but then gave you near-superpowers, guns, hallucinogens, a power-trip and reggae dubstep, then very self-consciously sets you up as a warrior god. Tomb Raider goes for the waterless fish again but gives you a tank top, a bow and probably internal bleeding, yet tries to then play straight the mass murder.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    This notion that House is anything other than a megalomaniacal objectivist who cares about nothing but himself and the handful of tribals he currently finds useful is very strange to me. But then, on first seeing the city of New Vegas, my first thought was "what an appalling waste of resources." It's a shame there's really no good path to follow for someone who has that thought, incidentally.
    Last edited by vinraith; 17-03-2013 at 12:36 AM.

I thought House was a massive dick. I killed him just out of spite, really.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    When Tomb Raider is good, it's really good. That just makes the flaws stand out more. The combat is enjoyable but I wish there was less of it. I don't mind its frequency, but the number of dudes in each encounter and the quantity of ammo is really stupid. It needs to be more I Am Alive, less Unsharted.
    The atmosphere, setpieces and mystery are fantastic.
    The amount of gore is phenomenal. In about five hours I think I saw more gruesome imagery than in all id shooters put together, including those they only produced. I love it. Best part was when various limbs and heads started tumbling down a slope as Lara moved through them.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    This notion that House is anything other than a megalomaniacal objectivist who cares about nothing but himself and the handful of tribals he currently finds useful is very strange to me.

Thank you

I don't understand how people can say "oh NCR is so autocratic but I'll take this motherfucking autocrat and his army of robots instead​"
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post

Thank you

I don't understand how people can say "oh NCR is so autocratic but I'll take this motherfucking autocrat and his army of robots instead​"
    Yup, in my own game (which has been in limbo for about 3 months now, despite being pretty close to the end) it's really a (very hard) decision between the NCR and yes man as far I I'm concerned.