Page 68 of 1258 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970781181685681068 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 25146
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    I'm playing Medieval 2: Total War: Kingdoms as the Teutonic Order and am busy slaughtering Lithuanians, Danes and the Rus with help from some crusading English chaps.

Lesser Hivemind Node agentorange's Avatar
    Started another X-Com playthrough, instead of completing one of the many other games I have. Made some flying suits, and just encountered Chryssalids, so things should be getting interesting.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    http://entanglement.gopherwoodstudios.com/

^This. Absurdly addictive. Top score so far is 339.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes....

Just started playing Fallout 3.

I've not much experience with Fallout games before so I'm not too sure what to expect. I tried playing Fallout 1 a couple of years ago but I just couldn't get into it. A first-person perspective puts me more in my comfort zone, so hopefully I'll get on better with this iteration.

Well, I'm done with Gears 3, now to get that review out of the way and then maybe I can finally enjoy some Fallout NV Old World Blues.
    Is "Luis_Magalh„es" on the RPS comment threads.
    My games-related blog: http://gamingmarmite.blogspot.com/
    Make fun of me for all the games I own and haven't finished: http://backloggery.com/ash_firelord
    Feel free to add me on twitter if you want to know my semi-regular opinions on game stuff: @luis_maga

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    http://entanglement.gopherwoodstudios.com/

^This. Absurdly addictive. Top score so far is 339.
    You're not human.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You're not human.
    You'll need a Voigt Kampff machine to prove that ;)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Check out the top left.

Seriously though, that was an outlier (closest I've gotten to that is 273 since). The key thing is to keep crossing over the links to maximize the score as much as possible.
    Last edited by Kadayi; 25-09-2011 at 08:27 PM.

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Some more Europa Universalis 3. I really want to like this game but I don't think I ever made it past 1500 with any nation but then the annoyances just keep piling up and I quit. Ever tried to wage war with an AI buddy? Not only do they tend to be the worst strategists ever but they also ignore your stacks and start absolutely pointless fights that are physically impossible to win.
    After you save their skin, they try to backstab you and that about as clumsily as possible and after you crush them you can only say "I'll let you live because I cannot annex you, thanks to that arbitrary infamy score that prevents me from having any nice things!" Cue them building another army...
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    boooya.jpg
    booya!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Seriously though, that was an outlier (closest I've gotten to that is 273 since). The key thing is to keep crossing over the links to maximize the score as much as possible.
    I figured it might pay off to pass up some scoring opportunities if it meant closing off the centre (by using those tiny 180 turns) so I’d have more options in the long run. Still only got 144.

Activated Node
    Driver San Franscisco. I am surprised at how good this is. The car handling is really well done and the whole thing has an old car chase movie feel to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    I figured it might pay off to pass up some scoring opportunities if it meant closing off the centre (by using those tiny 180 turns) so I’d have more options in the long run. Still only got 144.
    Well my approach is to weave across, as you get more points for making long paths. Helio clearly has it down though.

Some dude from Youtube Drake: -

I DEFINITELY don't think i'ts a quick- fast-game. My biggest suggestion. . they way I have got 500 scores, is by focusing on the middle/sides. Start with the middle, and attempt to put all U shaped sides towards the center = (no lines will die) Then attempt to make all your outer lines go out to reach other outer sides (make them die quickly so you don't get confused) do this, while filling in the middle hexies, and you'll have nothing but luck
    give it a go
    Last edited by Kadayi; 26-09-2011 at 12:09 AM.

Probable Replicant

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Finally beat the Settlers 7 campaign after 3 attempts of the final mission. *Whew!* Very good game.

God, the combat in Dark Messiah is so much fun. Exhibit A:

P.

This mining through the nights (and being followed by zombies somehow. I assume they spawn underground too?) is all well and good but I'm having a devil of a time finding any ore. :(
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

I have racked up 100hours on DX:HR. I've gone through Space Marine a couple of times and I am looking forward to playing Amnesia which I have saved for Haloween :)

At the moment though, nothing, because I went mushroom foraging yesterday, ate some of them and ended up with a current personal record of an 18 flusher. I have gotten some quality toilet reading done though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    After you save their skin, they try to backstab you and that about as clumsily as possible and after you crush them you can only say "I'll let you live because I cannot annex you, thanks to that arbitrary infamy score that prevents me from having any nice things!" Cue them building another army...
    Tell me about it. I once rescued Novgorod about 12 times until their attitude towards me was undying adoration - without my constant intervention, they would have been totally wiped out, no question. And I could just as easily have taken their land myself.
    A couple of years later, they break off all relations and declare war for no reason. So I team up with their former Muscovian attackers and we eat them alive. Idiots. Annoyingly I had to leave a few provinces as Muscovy gave up and I had other priorities, but sure enough, as soon as they had an army again, they tried to invade.

Well my approach is to weave across, as you get more points for making long paths. Helio clearly has it down though.

Some dude from Youtube Drake: -
    The strategy seems to have improved my game a bit; I’m easily getting in the 200s now.

This is dangerously addictive. I feel like I’m being trained as a sleeper agent.

Lesser Hivemind Node TailSwallower's Avatar
    Damn Steam sales will be the death of my wallet. Just finished the main campaign in DefenseGrid which I got in the humble strategy bundle, and just started going through the Company of Heroes tutorial.

There's something about tower defense games that really gets stuck in my head, so I probably shouldn't have bought that pack for the sake of my own productivity. But still, I've only really played 2 of the games in it so it's great value. I like that Anomaly: Warzone Earth is mixing it up by doing TD in reverse, but so far I haven't found it as compelling as traditional TD.

Company of Heroes could be very interesting indeed. Looking forward to getting stuck into it properly tomorrow.
    weekendwarrio.rs - We've got more games than time...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    I've been slicing my way through a Shogun 2 campaign, and that game is great! After an Empire binge, it's actually refreshing to play a game with a bit of a tighter focus. I'm dreading the realm divide, though, as I'm heavily dependent on trade right now.