Page 680 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 1805806306706786796806816826907307801180 ... LastLast
Results 13,581 to 13,600 of 24072
    Really tired at the moment. have trouble finding the energy to play even if I want too.

Playing Persona 4 for on the run. Amazing game.

Continued my playtrough of Dishonored, still disapointed by the game. Just got back to the tower.

Playing a bit of GW2, now and then, with my new guardian mostly. But I am rapidly bored.

Started a bit of Far cry 3. Killing animals for pouches and wallets makes me feel like a jerk. I hate that part, it's silly.

Still haven't bought a game in a while, which is good, except for some kickstarters and Persona 4.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    Which quests are those? I always find there’s an option to say something along the lines of “Why should I help you” or “Let’s discuss payment” or whatever, so long as your speech and barter are high enough. If they aren’t I guess it makes sense that you’re not in a position to negotiate. I have quite an active imagination though, which probably helps to fill in the blanks and so I might be ‘seeing’ things on occasion which owe more to my roleplaying the character than what the game is saying.
    It's obviously not every quest and I can't name them off the top of my head, but I found enough of them that I started getting annoyed by it.

I can't play Skyrim as a survival simulator the way I can and do play NV. I think apart from the setting it comes down to the leveling system in Skyrim. Since there's no xp, there's nothing to scratch at that itch to be rewarded with items or power. You complete a quest in Skyrim, you maybe get some gold or an item of mostly insignificant power. You complete a quest in NV, you get a lovely little xp boost and maybe some items.

NV in my opinion is better than Skyrim.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphyd View Post
    I gave Skyrim a shot, but became about as bored with it as the first game. That's probably some sort of cardinal sin around here, so forgive my poor taste.
    I am sure this is what you wanted to write and not what you ended up writing...

The Witcher 2 is amazing, such a huge step up from the 1st and one of the best RPGs I played in the last few years. I gave up on Skyrim after a few hours.

Out of curiosity, what didn't you like about it?

Got Assassins Creed over the weekend in the saley thing, mainly to see what I was missing by mostly ignoring the franchise.
    Not bad, though the cutscenes are very mid 2000s "We wanna be films too", albeit giving me the ability to make my character spin in circles when people are having serious discussions.
    But GODDAMN! LET ME QUIT THE GAME EASILY! I want to quit the game! Ok leave the animus thing, then quit? NO! Quit, NO! WHY AM I SELECTING MY PROFILE TO QUIT??? *angry sounds*

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    It's obviously not every quest and I can't name them off the top of my head, but I found enough of them that I started getting annoyed by it.

I can't play Skyrim as a survival simulator the way I can and do play NV. I think apart from the setting it comes down to the leveling system in Skyrim. Since there's no xp, there's nothing to scratch at that itch to be rewarded with items or power. You complete a quest in Skyrim, you maybe get some gold or an item of mostly insignificant power. You complete a quest in NV, you get a lovely little xp boost and maybe some items.

NV in my opinion is better than Skyrim.
    Haven’t played Skyrim, no intention to either. It’s the writing and world that I’ve fallen in love with in NV, which is Obsidian’s doing I think ( as well as excellent mods that likewise “get” Fallout) so I reckon it’s strong in spite of its Bethesda core rather than because of it (although VATS is very good in fairness). So I’ve no desire to try Skyrim. And I think I’m going to play New Vegas more or less exclusively until I die anyway.

EDIT: Should be apparent from this that I meant to respond to the same post you did rather than your own. World, witness my shame.
    Last edited by sonson; 20-03-2013 at 04:33 PM.

Woohokay. Started XCOM. God, where the fuck were my tictacs? I got Napoleon and Mordekaiser wounded and they almost took Combo's head off. Fuck, I'm getting rusty. But on the bright side, Mordekaiser got Psi-promoted for mind controlling *cue Dr. Evil laugh*

It seems the only way to build and get additional Firestorms to the other continents is to transfer them after dismissing a few Interceptors. This bug's weird.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Lesser Hivemind Node DigitalSignalX's Avatar
    Found myself curiously between games this last weekend, having successfully set aside my planetside addiction and wrapping up both Farcry 3 and the Imperial Agent story line in SWTOR. There's always the endless pile™ of old things to still install or new stuff to actually click on and play once things get patched up (Sim City / Tomb Raider) but those dusty old Mass Effect icons were just staring at me from their EA/Bioware folder.

I still haven't played the Omega or the Citadel DLC's, and have only played two of my three "legacy" characters from the prior two games to their bitter multicolored fruition in ME3. I could also try the latest Skyrim DLC's as well, but then a stroke of coincidence arrived in the form of this video and its related mod post on the game forum:

No idea if this has been posted on in RPS yet ( I did a couple cursory searches and came up dry ), but here's the Link and trailer for it.

"The Mass Effect Happy Ending Mod"

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/368/index/14795358/1

The promise of a new completely edited extended cut ending with tons of glowing praise from the community was enough to prod me to install it and import that last legacy Shepard for her journey to save earth (and the galaxy)!
    All times I have enjoyed greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those that loved me, and alone.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSignalX View Post
    "The Mass Effect Happy Ending Mod"
    Fuck people.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

I want a mod that ends the game after [SPOILERS]Harbringer shoots your face off[/SPOILERS].

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Banned
    Nobody's talking about NS2. Did it reach the expectations set by the hype? What shape is the game in now?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    I want a mod that ends the game after [SPOILERS]Harbringer shoots your face off[/SPOILERS].
    Alt+F4

/tenchar
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hamster View Post
    Nobody's talking about NS2. Did it reach the expectations set by the hype? What shape is the game in now?
    My understanding is that fans of NS1 absolutely love it and it is a great game. But it is also very prone to imbalanced teams (skill and player count) and my personal experience is that the community (at least, in pubs) is horrendous and makes me want to commit genocide.

So if you are okay with playing with assholes and/or are willing to put the time in to find private servers/a gaming group, it is wonderful. If not, pass.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Played a couple of hours of PoP Sands of Time last night. I'm enjoying it, but not as much as all the praise it's gotten would seem to imply. Maybe it just hasn't aged well. The controls are a little cludgy.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    My understanding is that fans of NS1 absolutely love it and it is a great game. But it is also very prone to imbalanced teams (skill and player count) and my personal experience is that the community (at least, in pubs) is horrendous and makes me want to commit genocide.

So if you are okay with playing with assholes and/or are willing to put the time in to find private servers/a gaming group, it is wonderful. If not, pass.
    For the sake of balance, I've played a fair bit of NS2 and have found it to be one of the better communities of the current multiplayer crop.

Quote Originally Posted by Kodeen View Post
    Played a couple of hours of PoP Sands of Time last night. I'm enjoying it, but not as much as all the praise it's gotten would seem to imply. Maybe it just hasn't aged well. The controls are a little cludgy.
    Just curious if you are playing with keys or a pad? No matter what Pad I've used it seems to have a weird effect when running away from the camera (up on the stick). Are you getting this?

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by kataras View Post
    I am sure this is what you wanted to write and not what you ended up writing...

The Witcher 2 is amazing, such a huge step up from the 1st and one of the best RPGs I played in the last few years. I gave up on Skyrim after a few hours.

Out of curiosity, what didn't you like about it?
    I think the enjoyment I derive from RPGs is a little unusual.

All the "new school" TES and Fallout games have given me hundreds of hours of fun, yet I barely pay attention to the story in any of them. I mostly enjoy exploring, looting, combat and progressively building a stronger character. Sort of like a single player MMO. I used to play EVE Online in a similar way, several years ago.

I expect the Witcher 2's strength is its story. I found the combat a bit tedious (especially early on; that amounted to roll, hit dumb AI from the side, rinse and repeat) and felt that invisible walls kept funnelling me away from the exploration I'd rather be doing. The game wants to deliver an experience that doesn't appeal to me. I think our love was destined to fail.

On the flip side, with that expectation I can see how Skyrim would disappoint. The story is utter pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag View Post
    Just curious if you are playing with keys or a pad? No matter what Pad I've used it seems to have a weird effect when running away from the camera (up on the stick). Are you getting this?
    You've forced me to reveal a dirty secret, I'm actually playing this on PS3. I do have the PC version, however, and an X360 pad so I can check it out. What weird effect are you getting?

Quote Originally Posted by hamster View Post
    The game is in very good shape. It just had its first major content update recently called 'Gorgeous'; which added a few new gameplay elements and a brand new map.

Performance is an issue for some people, but there was a patch today aimed at fixing some of those problems.

I disagree with gundato about the state of the community. You get unpleasant people in all online communities sure, but by and large NS2 has a very nice playerbase.

By the way, there's a bunch of RPSers playing NS2 every week! We're over in the social forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Kodeen View Post
    You've forced me to reveal a dirty secret, I'm actually playing this on PS3. I do have the PC version, however, and an X360 pad so I can check it out. What weird effect are you getting?
    YOU... YOU FIEND!
    Anyhow, when I push up on the left stick the prince skitters along like when you tap a direction repeatedly and makes third person characters "ice skate" with their animations. At first I thought it was my old pad, but I got the same problem with a 360 pad after buying it again. I may end up using Xpadder or Joy2Key etc... but PoP aint high enough on my playlist agenda atm.