Page 681 of 1190 FirstFirst ... 1815816316716796806816826836917317811181 ... LastLast
Results 13,601 to 13,620 of 23789
    Quote Originally Posted by hamster View Post
    Nobody's talking about NS2. Did it reach the expectations set by the hype? What shape is the game in now?
    The game is in very good shape. It just had its first major content update recently called 'Gorgeous'; which added a few new gameplay elements and a brand new map.

Performance is an issue for some people, but there was a patch today aimed at fixing some of those problems.

I disagree with gundato about the state of the community. You get unpleasant people in all online communities sure, but by and large NS2 has a very nice playerbase.

By the way, there's a bunch of RPSers playing NS2 every week! We're over in the social forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Kodeen View Post
    You've forced me to reveal a dirty secret, I'm actually playing this on PS3. I do have the PC version, however, and an X360 pad so I can check it out. What weird effect are you getting?
    YOU... YOU FIEND!
    Anyhow, when I push up on the left stick the prince skitters along like when you tap a direction repeatedly and makes third person characters "ice skate" with their animations. At first I thought it was my old pad, but I got the same problem with a 360 pad after buying it again. I may end up using Xpadder or Joy2Key etc... but PoP aint high enough on my playlist agenda atm.

That's odd. I'll play around with it later on, my pad has both Directinput and Xinput support so maybe I'll get lucky.

Coincidentally, the reason I got this series on PS3 when I already owned the first game on GOG is because I am spoiled by Xinput and don't want to deal with control issues for early games. Setting up San Andreas was a proper pain in the ass. Looks like it was a good call in this situation.

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphyd View Post
    All the "new school" TES and Fallout games have given me hundreds of hours of fun, yet I barely pay attention to the story in any of them. I mostly enjoy exploring, looting, combat and progressively building a stronger character. Sort of like a single player MMO. I used to play EVE Online in a similar way, several years ago.
    Have you ever tried Diablo or any game similar to it? It sounds like they would be perfect for you.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Torchlight 2 and Path of Exile should really scratch that itch.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Jumping in to say Natural Selection 2 is awesome!

Network Hub
    Just completed Hard Reset on, erm, hard!

I FEEL LIKE A GOD!

Now on to the expansion, with my goditude!

I just escaped Leviathan. I cant believe a game first released 10 years ago surprised me like that!
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Finished God of War: Ascension

It was fun, I would put it as comparable to 3 (2 being my favorite). I still hate the new focus on having a high combo meter (this is God of War, not Devil may Cry) but I absolutely love the new weapon system.

I DO think the game was rushed though. A lot of things felt unpolished and make me think this was really meant to come out in the Fall, but Santa Monica realized they had to release before the PS4 hits shelves.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Obscure Node
    Im refreshing memory of Half Life by playing Black Mesa. I really would like to see more FPS games with such great gameplay and solid difficulty. I quite enjoy in Black Mesa the fact that theres no arrow or map which lead you to the target. Player is forced to think and explore. The level construction is brilliant and fun to explore. Difficulty level on highest setting is much higher than in newest fps games. Quite challenging and player have to save some ammo just in case ;)

I'm playing Deadlight. Feels a little bit meh. I think it's got more to do with the fact that it's just a generic zombie story (at least up to the point I'm in the story, I'm still expecting a plot twist or something).
    Gameplay is nice, but sometimes it's just too obtuse with what it wants you to do.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Giant Fucking Ants *shudders*

Ehh. They ain't so bad unlike Cazadores
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    There's nothing dangerous about Giant Ants, they're just absolutely horrid. Cazadores invoke a special sort of dread but they don't make me want to vomit.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Stop saying the C word.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Stop saying the C word.
    I threw a plasma grenade at a nest of them last night, it was pitch black and I needed to find some shelter so tried to clear the boathouse they were living in. The grenade did nothing other than announce that I was there and about six came buzzing over, I was just shooting blindly into space with the 9mm to hand, luckily managed to get them all though, dropped the last one right at my feet.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by AzoriuS View Post
    Im refreshing memory of Half Life by playing Black Mesa. I really would like to see more FPS games with such great gameplay and solid difficulty. I quite enjoy in Black Mesa the fact that theres no arrow or map which lead you to the target. Player is forced to think and explore. The level construction is brilliant and fun to explore. Difficulty level on highest setting is much higher than in newest fps games. Quite challenging and player have to save some ammo just in case ;)
    Let me know if you manage to get all the way through this. I've met a bug that just crashes to desktop everytime at a certain point. :(

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    I threw a plasma grenade at a nest of them last night, it was pitch black and I needed to find some shelter so tried to clear the boathouse they were living in. The grenade did nothing other than announce that I was there and about six came buzzing over, I was just shooting blindly into space with the 9mm to hand, luckily managed to get them all though, dropped the last one right at my feet.
    Taking some 25 or 40mm (incendiary for extra fun) to that building from a vantage point evokes a special kind of satisfaction.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    I think that they're cool. Even iconic in a way. Deathclaws were not only scary because they had cool art, but also because they took forever to kill and tore your party.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphyd View Post
    Taking some 25 or 40mm (incendiary for extra fun) to that building from a vantage point evokes a special kind of satisfaction.
    Why stop there? Use a Fat Man.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    More criticism for New Vegas. I hate to bring up Quintin Smith's controversial Wot I Think, but when it comes to the vast empty spaces he was dead on the money. I image the streets of Freeside as an overcrowded slum, but there's 3 people spread out over an eight minute walk. It's really noticeable (this was something that was unforgivable in Dragon Age 2, and the few people that were around stood in the same place for ten years). In Skyrim the town areas seem smaller but it has the effect of cramming people together to simulate the hustle and bustle.

My current mission is to find a hat I like.
    Last edited by Drake Sigar; 21-03-2013 at 12:28 PM.