Page 686 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 1865866366766846856866876886967367861186 ... LastLast
Results 13,701 to 13,720 of 24141
    I've been playing a bunch of indie games.

10,000,000 is initially frustrating, but ultimately quite addictive. The frustration cames from having played Bejewelled, because if you have, it fucks with your head the first time you play it. The game is basically match-3, but it uses a different mechanic to Popcap's game, which takes a little getting used to.

Thomas Was Alone is quite cute. I like the idea of controlling multiple characters to solve puzzles; it reminds me of another game, but I can't quite remember which. Not sure about the narration though.

They Bleed Pixels feels a bit like Super Meat Boy, but not quite as fast, and with added combat. The combat's pretty fun actually, it's designed to punish button mashers, so if you're careful you can pull of some impressive combos. I wish half the levels weren't covered in ice though, it's incredibly frustrating to navigate/fight when you're sliding around all the time.

Unmechanical is a lovely little puzzler. A bit on the short side perhaps, but the puzzles are decent and it looks absolutely gorgeous.

Also been putting my 200 hours in Natural Selection 2 to good use by helping the avalanche of confused newbies appearing due to the free weekend. It's been so long ago since I first played Natural Selection 1 that my brain can't quite comprehend what new players must feel upon first playing; still happy to help though.

Any RPSers who picked up the game are welcome to join Rock, Paper, Skulk. We shall be playing NS2 this very evening from about 7pm GMT.

Did I really make the right choice, getting Hardin to become Elder? I was hoping for them to get around more than just staying inside the bunker but that'll make them a lot more... aggressive than they were before. They could be allies with me when I take over Vegas myself and Yes Man but would it really last? Seems to me that Hardin isn't the type who like to get tied down, aside from being a part of the Brotherhood.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by airtekh View Post
    Unmechanical is a lovely little puzzler. A bit on the short side perhaps, but the puzzles are decent and it looks absolutely gorgeous.
    Which ending?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by airtekh View Post
    10,000,000 is initially frustrating, but ultimately quite addictive.
    Having finished it last week, I thought it was a little underdeveloped. Besides the plethora of typos, progression is structured too much like a not-so-good ARPG. It's mainly about figuring out the optimal sequence to spend your points, only I was always too busy looking for matches to analyze the outcome of the character's actions.

I loved the music though.

edit: going to play Threaded Headset 1990: Adjustment now, wish me luck.
    Last edited by alms; 24-03-2013 at 02:47 PM.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Raaritsgozilla View Post
    :39: Tell me more. Do I need to actually be any good at sniping or can I just try and kill anyone shooting you? Cause I wanna do the co-op missions but no-one is about to do them with.
    I'll gladly do the other co-ops too. Hit me up on Battlelog (Gundato)

The thing with the sniping one is that you are basically helping a team rescue hostages. So there is a lot of synchronized shooting, and having a partner who just randomly shoots everyone doesn't end very well. ALl the other ones (except maybe the final one unlocked after the tier with sniping) can be done with random pubbers, but the sniping one really works best if you can talk to someone.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Finished Deadlight.
    Veredict: Meh
    It's not bad but it doesn't do anything interesting either.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    Finished Deadlight.
    Veredict: Meh
    It's not bad but it doesn't do anything interesting either.
    Absolutely, you see now what I meant about Flashback but not quite. I swear the ending did more harm than good.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

I finally bought Dark Souls and picked up Ultratron and Shad'o along with it. I only tried out Shad'o because I figured I could spend some playing a relaxing tower defense game on Sunday.
    I was wrong.
    I have to be careful here. I almost wrote "Shad'o is one of the worst games I have ever played". While not wrong, it would also be a hyperbole, for I have played much worse. I have stared into the abyss.
    Shad'o is one of the worst games in recent memory. Just how can you fuck up a tower defense game? It's the most formulaic genre there is. It couldn't be any easier but it's like a creature from another dimension where left is right and up is down tried to emulate the human concept of tower defense and this is the result. It is certainly more plausible than somebody developing this and saying "Yup, this is good enough for a release on Steam" without crying himself to sleep afterwards. The less I say about the actual gameplay, the better. Trust me.
    Then there's the numerous typos and the incredibly poor grammar that make my own postings look like Shakespeare.
    Oh, and the voice acting. I will have nightmares from this. Like somebody stepping on your grave, unearthing your imaginary corpse and doing unspeakable things to it. Like a thousand panicking kittens running over a thousand old chalkboards. It is nothing words can or should describe.
    Just don't buy it, okay?
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Warframe beta

It's like ME3 MP but from what I've played it's far worse. Everything is weightless, movement is weird and controls are not very responsive. Levels are the blandest generic Sc-Fi ever, ME3 had great levels compared to this. Combat is simply not fun at all and I'm sick of game telling me how much damage I did with every attack( probably possible to disable it, still). It also crashed couple of times when I attempted to capture some screenshots. Between mission lobby and interface in general are way to complex for no good reason, game didn't ask me if I'm ready to play or not.

Worst of all, there wasn't much cooperation going on.

Not very nice first impression but it's beta, maybe they'll improve it somehow.
    Last edited by coldvvvave; 24-03-2013 at 07:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    I'm playing Resident Evil 6 and I'm actually pleasantly surprised, I guess those review scores served to lower my expectations.

The bad parts - the control system is horrible and overcomplicated. The prevalence of insta-death QTEs is just execrable, fortunately you can get QTE assists, or just play on Amateur if you hate them that much. Oh and the story's bobbins, but anyone interested in RE at this point pretty much accepts that. Some of the enemies are just not very fun to fight, especially the bullet sponges. One of the bosses in true Resident Evil style refuses to die, meaning you kill him about 7 times overall. It looks like a console game, no real extra frills for PC.

The good is that they've basically decided the USP of resident Evil games is the combination of gunplay and melee and there's a pretty high skill-cap. Perfecting it is really challenging, but satisfying.

The multi-player options are great, drop-in co-op for two people, some set pieces mean random internet people will join in for four way fights, additonally players doing 'agent-hunt' mode can invade your game similarly to Dark Souls and try and take down human players.

Mercenaries mode is still good fun, especially co-op.

It lasts forever - there are four campaigns, each with two different characters to play, who have different weapons, skill-sets and visit slightly different areas. I'm 17 hours in, I've finished 2 and 3/4 campaigns, flirted with Mercenaries mode and not touched things like Agent Hunt.
    I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter

Network Hub
    Making my way through AC2 once more. Free running around the rooftops is just wonderful, though the jumping puzzles in the crypts really expose how finicky some of the mechanics are.

Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    There's conversations in Vergen (I think) where you learn that the Hunt give off some kind of field that causes memory loss for those who come into contact with it. Geralt and Phillipa (I think) postulate that coming into contact with the field again would cause memories to slowly return (however another field could accomplish this, such as that surrounding the Sabrina's curse). Since Geralt came into contact with the King of the Wild Hunt, that's why his memories had been coming back throughout all of TW2. Lifting the curse just accelerated the process.
    I don't recall that information, but it's possible. On the other hand, stories about the Wild Hunt tell of one abductee who returned home and reported having seen herds of unicorns grazing in a meadow, so the memory loss is either not a requirement, or a plot device. I'm leaning towards the latter, since there has to be some reason why Geralt suddenly showed up to Kaer Morhen wounded and in his underwear after he was thought dead.

Strangely, I'd say the Hunt are more prominent in TW2 even though you never meet or fight them. Most of the memory cutscenes after Act I involve them in some way, and the game has a near entirely separate story revolving around Yennifer and the Hunt. Whereas in TW1 you were told they were hunting you, you were given a bit of information, you fought them a few times, and that was it. The conversation with the King at the end wasn't exactly some big information dump, and could have been left out without anyone noticing. Whereas the Hunt stuff is integral to the backstory of Geralt and Letho (+ Serrit and Auckes) in TW2.
    You're absolutely right, we do learn a lot more about the Wild Hunt in TW2, but all of it comes from inside Geralt's head. If we look at the story from Dandelion's perspective, as it is written in the journal entries for the main quests, the Wild Hunt is never mentioned. This is, of course, a far more preferable course of action than the tidbits of information TW1 gave us.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    Shad'o angriest
    You have got me curious now.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jockie View Post
    I'm playing Resident Evil 6 and I'm actually pleasantly surprised, I guess those review scores served to lower my expectations.

The bad parts - the control system is horrible and overcomplicated. The prevalence of insta-death QTEs is just execrable, fortunately you can get QTE assists, or just play on Amateur if you hate them that much. Oh and the story's bobbins, but anyone interested in RE at this point pretty much accepts that. Some of the enemies are just not very fun to fight, especially the bullet sponges. One of the bosses in true Resident Evil style refuses to die, meaning you kill him about 7 times overall. It looks like a console game, no real extra frills for PC.

The good is that they've basically decided the USP of resident Evil games is the combination of gunplay and melee and there's a pretty high skill-cap. Perfecting it is really challenging, but satisfying.

The multi-player options are great, drop-in co-op for two people, some set pieces mean random internet people will join in for four way fights, additonally players doing 'agent-hunt' mode can invade your game similarly to Dark Souls and try and take down human players.

Mercenaries mode is still good fun, especially co-op.

It lasts forever - there are four campaigns, each with two different characters to play, who have different weapons, skill-sets and visit slightly different areas. I'm 17 hours in, I've finished 2 and 3/4 campaigns, flirted with Mercenaries mode and not touched things like Agent Hunt.

Its very hard and challening game,plus it looks nice,and if you don't mind RE4 gameplay with its story craziness this game should get at least 75-80.

Obscure Node
    Dishonored
    Don't Starve
    Kentucky Route Zero
    Fallout: New Vegas (yes, I know)
    Skyrim (yes, I know)
    Portal 2 (yes, I know)

Those last three are a partial symptom of this: http://xkcd.com/606/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Finished Diablo 3 Inferno solo with a Barbarian. Now I'm torn between playing a new class or farming on higher MP levels.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Groves View Post
    Dishonored
    Don't Starve
    Kentucky Route Zero
    Fallout: New Vegas (yes, I know)
    Skyrim (yes, I know)
    Portal 2 (yes, I know)

Those last three are a partial symptom of this: http://xkcd.com/606/
    I'm the same way. Also, good mods and user campaigns keep on pushing new stuff back.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coldvvvave View Post
    Warframe beta

It's like ME3 MP but from what I've played it's far worse. Everything is weightless, movement is weird and controls are not very responsive. Levels are the blandest generic Sc-Fi ever, ME3 had great levels compared to this. Combat is simply not fun at all and I'm sick of game telling me how much damage I did with every attack( probably possible to disable it, still). It also crashed couple of times when I attempted to capture some screenshots. Between mission lobby and interface in general are way to complex for no good reason, game didn't ask me if I'm ready to play or not.

Worst of all, there wasn't much cooperation going on.

Not very nice first impression but it's beta, maybe they'll improve it somehow.
    I've been playing this for a good bit this weekend and my impression of it is mixed too.

Controls I thought where actually ok, I played on a controller so maybe that helped. The shooting doesn't seem to require pin point accuracy and with a controller you've got that nice analogue movement.

The level designs are crap. There's just no variety to it and everything is like clockwork. Go into a room, find camera, take out camera, shoot dudes and rinse and repeat. The missions are pretty crap too with the only 4 we played being get hostage, take prisoner, get data nodes, kill a boss guy. The interface isn't great. I bought a shotgun with the intention of trying it and couldn't figure out how to equip the bloody thing.

The co-op is barely there, it's just not needed. The only time you actually need help from someone else is if you get stuck behind a laser wall or locked in a room or knocked down and have to be picked up. That's it. There's just no variety to the powers of people beyond hurt bad guys. It's total run and gun.

The good about it though is it's very stylish. The running along walls, running sliding jumping sliding backflip all while shooting makes you feel like a total badass and it looks pretty great. Like I said, could be the controller helping.

I think where it's going to fall short for my group though is in the lack of variety and the fact a lot of the items seem to only be unlockable with their in game currency that you have to buy.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    More Dark Souls.

I arrived at Lost Izalith.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

I fired up Origin again today, to play some Amalur and ME3. After the obligatory origin update, I noticed the 'Beta' Tag in the top bar next to the window controls. Speechless...

No! No, you just don't get to attach games like Mass Effect 3 and Sim City 5 to a so-called 'beta' service. 'Beta' isn't functional! Did I do that, or is it "beta" origin for everyone?!