Page 688 of 1182 FirstFirst ... 188588638678686687688689690698738788 ... LastLast
Results 13,741 to 13,760 of 23629
    Network Hub
    I dont think there really needs to be a departure form the 3rd person shooter. As stated, Gears has really nailed. Have played alot of different 3rd party shooters, none even got close to gears.(Spec Ops was good, but not for the game mechanics). There could be a few more gameplay variations, e.g for some reason I love the sliding down a line shooting with a pistol segments, could do more of them.
    The judgement campaign is good, the only bit that I thought was poor was the final boss fight, just so, disappointing. There was no killing the worm, first time bererker killiong type moments in the stroy. There were definatly times where there is way more enemies to kill. I really enjoyed the declassified missions. they added something new to test the skills, especially the no ammo or pistol missions, tower defense etc. the time limit ones were challenging. I felt that Cole and Baird personality were toned down alot in this game. I mean the dynamic between Baird and Sam in GOW3 was fantastic, and Cole's OTT personality and confidence, they didnt ever really get to the surface like they did in the previous games. I can only really put is down to people can flys take on the characters. Didnt chuckle as much as I thought I would have.
    The Aftermath mission was fantastic. That part of gears 3 always felt incomplete for me. I thought that i was going to be a DLC mission in gears 3. I would have paid $15 for aftermath alone.
    Overrun is a good multi mode. the decision to drop the 50 wave horde was, well, not well thought out. id be surprised if it doesnt get patched in at some point. Domination is good, but again, why drop the old game modes. Its is disappointing to have to choose between the lancer and the shotty. for this reason I will mostly play over run and survival.
    Also, it surprises me then that some of the reviews i read about this game shows lower than expected scores. This review may be balanced but does not show enough how solid Gears Judgment is.

Slightly wrong site, ambing1, is it? I mean, I'd like some gears of war - I think -, but if they don't want us, we don't want them (tm).

Still, on a related note, I enjoyed the last brainy gamer podcast.

Network Hub
    Just wrapped up Sleeping Dogs. I was very impressed with the game. In fact, I rarely finish open world games, my interest eventually petering off somewhere between traveling to mission locations and the usually unengaging, repetitive tasks. But this game stayed fresh throughout and I genuinely enjoyed the story. Excellent combat mechanics didn't hurt either.

Now I'm back to knocking items off the pile of shame... first up, Stacking​.

I finally got around to playing Beyond Good and Evil for the first time. It's pretty well so far although it has some gripes like the terrible, terrible dialogues and unskippable cutscenes but I liked the fact that this game lets you take pictures of anything alive and get paid for it. Combat felt like a mindless button masher and a brilliant, movement-based brawler at the same time. Kinda reminds me of Darksiders or Zelda but with Pey'j around, the combat felt a lot more fun to play. What I loved most about this game aside from snapping photos, is the exploration aspect of this game. There's always something to see wherever I go and while sometimes the game just won't let me wander off in some points, it's always rewarding when it lets you. I've yet to see if it gets better at this point so, I think I'm gonna spend a few more hours on this one.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Beyond Good & Evil is simply one of the best video games ever created IMHO.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged Nazgul View Post
    I concour.

oh and, same old same old, Hard reset's extended edition is still kicking my ass and i'm trying the mechromancer class for Borderlands 2.

I also played 20 mins or so of unmechanical. Its cute.
    Last edited by TomxJ; 26-03-2013 at 12:48 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged Nazgul View Post
    I love it too. I wish we could have been treated to the game it was meant to be instead of what it eventually was. I remember Edge did a big Time Extend on it.

Quote Originally Posted by khaz View Post
    I love it too. I wish we could have been treated to the game it was meant to be instead of what it eventually was.
    And what was it supposed to be or have, actually?
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    http://lecade.wordpress.com/2012/09/...fore-the-game/

And the original script: http://beyondgoodandevil.wikia.com/w...26_Evil_script

Its not to far of what the game became and I prefer the Jade that was given to us but i'm curious if exploring aspect would have been a bigger part of the game. The game often felt like things had been cut out and/or removed.
    Last edited by khaz; 26-03-2013 at 02:40 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    An realistic sandwich simulation, and unicorns respectively.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Bioshock Infinite: I don't think I've taken so many screenshots in one game before.

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag View Post
    Bioshock Infinite: I don't think I've taken so many screenshots in one game before.
    This. I usually forget about the screenshot button but no problem playing the gawking tourist in this game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Having a bit of a problem with bioshock infinite, actually. Nothing to do with the gameplay, but having problems making a backup of my save file (Because I live in the absolutely unprecedented situation of not being the only person in my household interested in playing the game) which effectively means we have to take turns playing the entire thing to completion, as there seems to be no means in which to have two separate saves side by side.

Anybody who plays videogames with their partners or children should be aware of this design flaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Having a bit of a problem with bioshock infinite, actually. Nothing to do with the gameplay, but having problems making a backup of my save file (Because I live in the absolutely unprecedented situation of not being the only person in my household interested in playing the game) which effectively means we have to take turns playing the entire thing to completion, as there seems to be no means in which to have two separate saves side by side.

Anybody who plays videogames with their partners or children should be aware of this design flaw.
    That can't be right. Does Infinite have a sort of ironman mode where it overwrites all savegames with the most recent one? Or is it just the checkpoint saves that get overwritten? Both previous Bioshocks had unlimited save slots, that much is for certain. I find it hard to believe that they changed this for Infinite without telling us in advance.

I'm in a similar situation myself, only it's the home Steam account that my dad and I are playing it on. I need to make sure I disable cloud saves before I start.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    That can't be right. Does Infinite have a sort of ironman mode where it overwrites all savegames with the most recent one? Or is it just the checkpoint saves that get overwritten? Both previous Bioshocks had unlimited save slots, that much is for certain. I find it hard to believe that they changed this for Infinite without telling us in advance.

I'm in a similar situation myself, only it's the home Steam account that my dad and I are playing it on. I need to make sure I disable cloud saves before I start.
    I haven't really tested it, not wanting to lose 7 hours of progress, but when you start the game you get 'continue' 'new game' and (I think) chapter select. Presumably chapter select starts you with the gear you've had in the most recent run through that chapter. There is no 'save game' option and no 'slots' to save in. It autosaves as you go, and that's what you resume from. Starting a new game, obviously, will autosave your game at the beginning, precluding resuming from your prior slot.

Swapping the actual save file itself in the steam directory just seems to break the file, or so the internet tells me, so that won't work either.

Obscure Node
    Smite, Crysis 3, Dead Space 3, Don't Starve, Black Ops 2, and way to many games to list xD

The rererelease of Duke Nukem 3D on Steam and the new Bioshock.

The two games are seperated by 17 years, but the shooty bits are still better in Duke Nukem. Infinite also has no quicksave, didn't Bioshock 1 and 2 have this function?

Had another go at Pid today. I liked the earlier levels better. As it gets more complicated it requires really precise timing and it gets kinda frustrating. The floaty controls don't help either. It's still beautiful though.

Also played some Natural Selection 2 with the RPS guys this weekend (huge thanks to njursten for gifting it to me). The game is extremely fun, even if a bit hard to get used to. I'm sticking with the Marine side for the moment as the aliens seem quite tricky to control.
    Last edited by SirDavies; 26-03-2013 at 09:58 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Bioshock Infinite.

It seems there's a weird glitch you get on the rails when going to the hall of heroes, after a couple of jumps you're not able to move anymore. even when gounded again.

edit: nevermind, seems like I took a different rail than I was suppose to and the game didn't like that.
    Last edited by Ravelle; 26-03-2013 at 11:13 PM.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'm playing Dishonoured. It's rather good.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.