Page 690 of 1205 FirstFirst ... 1905906406806886896906916927007407901190 ... LastLast
Results 13,781 to 13,800 of 24092
    Network Hub
    Working my way through Assassins Creed 2, currently in Venice and it seems as if the story missions are gearing up for the endgame. That being said, I'm only 13 hours in and according to How Long To Beat the game should take more than 20 considering that I'm doing side missions and exploring. So who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by fiddlesticks View Post
    Fallout games seem to have a habit of doing this. Has anyone ever managed to become Captain of the Guard in Fallout 2 without a guide?
    I did, the second or first time I played the game, not sure... but I remember being the captain and thus, being able to make that guard guy pay the money to Cassidy. Fun times.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Gravelord Nito was super easy for a Lord, his adds were a bit annoying and got me stuck in a corner twice but Nito himself did me a favour by using his sweep attack, when his adds were gone I could just hack a way and he was done in about 10 hits.

Also I found Solaire in Lost Izalith. God damn it, Solaire, why did you do it? Were you this desperate for a bit of light you venture all the way to hell for a demonic bug hat. You will be missed, you goofy sun worshipper.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    What difficulty level did you play? IIRC the medium/normal level is quite challenging if you're new to the game.
    "Advanced," which is where the "Normal" difficulty would be for any other game. There's definitely a few "You gotta be fucking kidding me," moments.

I. Um. Wasted all the fire keeper's humanity. I'll have to give the dung thing a try, because Super Smough's AOE lightning slam thing keeps one-shotting me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Track View Post
    I'm only 13 hours in and according to How Long To Beat the game should take more than 20 considering that I'm doing side missions and exploring. So who knows.
    Loads of enjoyable sub quests not to mention the mandatory map stealing which will take ages if you haven't done bit as you went along.
    Then there is the bonfire of the vanities and the "return to forlie(sp? )"(the town where you first board a ship to venice) which are both great dlc missions with a wide variety of content.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post

I know. My post was filled with admiration, not contempt. I left out 'Obsidian, bitches!' after the 'who does this?' line, because it was too crude. Interestingly this seems to turn your defence of New Vegas into an attack on New Vegas, implying their achievements are no big deal and everyone does it! Gotta love the toneless nature of Internet posting.
    I had no idea what was going on when the achievements were flashing up and giving me XP first time round. You drank 100 things of water? Don't remember getting that quest, bit weird. Took me a while to catch on. At which point I saw the "A man chooses" achievement you get for killing house with a 9 Iron so shared a similar moment of spoilerism. But it made me laugh.

I don't think spoilers are too terrible in New Vegas though. The main strength doesn't come from what happens in the plot so much as the experience of how it plays out to your character at that point, and given how big the game is the same event can happen but relate differently to the role you're playing every time.

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Programmer Spike View Post
    I did, the second or first time I played the game, not sure... but I remember being the captain and thus, being able to make that guard guy pay the money to Cassidy. Fun times.
    I find that hard to believe, because it implies that you managed to finish a conversation with First Citizen Lynette without blowing her brains out.

Quote Originally Posted by fiddlesticks View Post
    I find that hard to believe, because it implies that you managed to finish a conversation with First Citizen Lynette without blowing her brains out.
    Which isn't really that hard provided you had decent speech and charisma. And besides the character wasn't that obnoxious.
    Now... Myron? That one was a real annoying asshole.

Network Hub
    Assassin Creed 3
    I got to around the 2 hour mark, climbed up to the 10th clock/watch/chunch/townhall tower and I thought "What the fuck am I doing this for?" Sheer boredom forced me to miss the strategically placed haystack and hit the ground instead. I think that was my only fun part. Oh and maybe the fist fight on the ship. They should do Streets of Rage: Creed, I think I would play that. Uninstalled and never to be spoken inside the house again.

Tomb Raider

A game I really enjoyed surprisingly. A nice setting, the combat wasn't half bad and I liked the level design but what I really enjoyed was playing a female role for once instead of the usual male beefcake action hero. Bar her slightly irritating panting all the time, I thought the voice acting was good. Sadly the story was utter dogshite. It was all Blown out of proportion and left me feeling cold and wet. Otherwise good show Oh and it ran like a dream and didn't crash once in my 11 hours of play.

Spec ops The Line
    I'm a hour in with my male beefcake action hero and i'v shot about a 100 guys already, wheres the moral compass? (Which sounds extremely fucking weird but you know what I mean) I heard good things about the story here so it better ramp up, have big choices that will make me weep at night and deliver more then just shooty bang bang(which it probably won't, being a army game an all).

I got to 10000000, thats it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiphat View Post
    Spec ops The Line
    I'm a hour in with my male beefcake action hero and i'v shot about a 100 guys already, wheres the moral compass? (Which sounds extremely fucking weird but you know what I mean) I heard good things about the story here so it better ramp up, have big choices that will make me weep at night and deliver more then just shooty bang bang(which it probably won't, being a army game an all).
    Without wrecking anything on you, it does ramp up. The illusion of the game is it's a shooty mc bang game where you play a hardcore motherfucker. Just stick with it. It won't take long til the cracks appear.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiphat View Post
    Spec ops The Line
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Without wrecking anything on you, it does ramp up. The illusion of the game is it's a shooty mc bang game where you play a hardcore motherfucker. Just stick with it. It won't take long til the cracks appear.
    Didn't for me. It was so heavy-handed it was like being punched by a man holding a boat. There's some things in there that could have been interesting but they're entirely wasted. And don't get me started on the whole "the gameplay is meant to be bad to make you feel bad" schtick; fuck every part of that shitty cover system, ammo drought and scripted wankery that game had.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    So I just played Super Hexagon... I am not very good at it.

Obscure Node
    I finished Binary Domain. It was a generally pedestrian third person shooter yet I enjoyed the story and am disappointed there isn't a sequel. It's worth staying till after the credits roll.

My friends convinced me to return to World of Tanks for platooning fun. I seem to play it for a month or two every year. For a F2P game, it sure has cost me a pretty penny. Yet, I'm having fun, so I can't complain when I'm spending money to shortcut the grindy parts.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by neema_t View Post
    So I just played Super Hexagon... I am not very good at it.
    Try playing on Hardestest first. That way Hard will seem slow in comparision.

Its nearly 3am, I’ve just completed Antichamber and my brain literally aches.

If Alan Fletcher, Bridget Riley and Spike Milligan had got together to a made a game I think Antichamber would be close.

It’s brilliant, the difficulty level is just right to let you find your feet before stonewalling you with another puzzle. I found it to be have less ‘eureka’ moments than expected, instead the game slowly expanded your toolset so that you always had something new to try, whether a new gun (of which there are 5) or piece of information on how the weird and wonderful world worked.

In all the hype up to its release, I was expecting more illogical puzzles and weird happenstances. This is not the case, the world definitely has a set of well defined rules, they’re just generally used in a more ‘left field’ and ‘outside of the box’ context.

Apart from the gorgeous art, loveable life assuring messages and abstract Eno-esq soundtrack, my favorite parts of the game were the Easter egg rooms the developer must have left dotted and hidden about. They act like DVD extras giving a player who is willing to look a greater insight into the game, these included screenshots from old versions, a gallery of assets, wire frame models, a weird flowchart, and other more abstract areas…

I’m especially curious about those little purple cubes that were placed in hard to reach areas.

Network Hub
    Wrapped up Sleeping Dogs, Stacking, and and Wizorb in the last few days.

I'm excited to dive into Bioshock Infinite now, but I should probably tear myself away from the PC...

Aww, who am I kidding?

Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    Didn't for me. It was so heavy-handed it was like being punched by a man holding a boat. There's some things in there that could have been interesting but they're entirely wasted. And don't get me started on the whole "the gameplay is meant to be bad to make you feel bad" schtick; fuck every part of that shitty cover system, ammo drought and scripted wankery that game had.
    regarding ammo, because I've seen people refer to a lack of it a few times: you can get ammo for what ever weapons you're carrying by executing enemies. The Executions get pretty brutal as the game goes on, which can be distressing, but the choice is there.

If you do use executions for ammo, you shouldn't run into any issues with a lack of it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Finally latched into the jugular of XCOM and I'm gulping down the warm bitter gaming icor of strategy. Yes, sniper rifles can essentially shoot forever, beautiful, I'm sick of strategy games making snipers shoot 20' (feet) in the name of balance.

UK and Russia have left the XCOM project.. Aww
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by kstress71 View Post
    Wrapped up Sleeping Dogs, Stacking, and and Wizorb in the last few days.

I'm excited to dive into Bioshock Infinite now, but I should probably tear myself away from the PC...

Aww, who am I kidding?
    I loved Wizorb, playing on vita was kinda hard though...

And I bought Dark Souls (again) on pc yesterday... I just created a character and killed the first 'boss'. I didn't remember how scary this game is for me... I don't know why but each time I play it gives me shivers... I play with the resolution patch, which is a great improvment.

I am not sure was character I will build.... I am hesitating beetween a Pyro/faith paladin type of character or a Magic knight (INT/PYRO) with mobility...any good weapon besides spear for those ? i don't relly like spears in this game... And Is the sword you get in the drake valley any good for a faith build ?

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Finally latched into the jugular of XCOM and I'm gulping down the warm bitter gaming icor of strategy. Yes, sniper rifles can essentially shoot forever, beautiful, I'm sick of strategy games making snipers shoot 20' (feet) in the name of balance.

UK and Russia have left the XCOM project.. Aww
    Man, you've dun goofed. That's 150 credits down the gutter.

Wait till you get your snipers to Colonel. Double Tap made them awfully OP
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayk View Post
    I loved Wizorb, playing on vita was kinda hard though...

And I bought Dark Souls (again) on pc yesterday... I just created a character and killed the first 'boss'. I didn't remember how scary this game is for me... I don't know why but each time I play it gives me shivers... I play with the resolution patch, which is a great improvment.

I am not sure was character I will build.... I am hesitating beetween a Pyro/faith paladin type of character or a Magic knight (INT/PYRO) with mobility...any good weapon besides spear for those ? i don't relly like spears in this game... And Is the sword you get in the drake valley any good for a faith build ?
    You'll outgrow the drake sword soon enough, the the drake sword can be used by every build I believe.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog