Page 693 of 1235 FirstFirst ... 1935936436836916926936946957037437931193 ... LastLast
Results 13,841 to 13,860 of 24684
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Probably not. I don't, but my girlfriend can't even watch the screen.
    I have a suspicion that watching could be worse than actually playing.

Anyway, not so bad for me, though having to keep an eye on both what's happening at the center of the screen and at its edges, while the whole thing keeps rotating, eventually results in a mild discomfort - that's enough to make me stop playing after 20 or 30 minutes.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    It seems like I finally found a fix for the sounds-are-cutting-out-when-too-many-effects-are-going-on issue in BioShock. So this time I'm gonna complete this bastard, oh yeah!

I'm also getting killed a lot in Battlefield 3.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Just FTR, am I the only one who starts having nausea after a while?
    I wouldn't know, I played about five games in the space of a minute. Yes, Steam says I've played for one single minute, and that includes time to work out how to start the game.

Finished Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory last week, and finished Splinter Cell: Double Agent earlier today. Chaos Theory was wonderful, but the story was pretty much "meh". In comparison, Double Agent had (a bit) better story, but the gameplay wasn't as solid and the PC port was horrendous. Bugs and crashes galore! During the entire Kinshasa mission (Hello, Gears of War!) the game crashed EVERY SINGLE TIME I reloaded a game. And that mission was freaking hard since you pretty much had to play it as a shooter.

And the freaking ending movie didn't play at first, until I changed the game to use the smallest resolution possible.

Next up: Splinter Cell: Conviction!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Nooooo! Don't play conviction, it's story will make your brain melt and fall out of your ears. Instead play the coop, it's a prequel to the events of the campaign and wonderfully better written. To be honest, in the main campaign it's not even the overtly whiney narrative its the level design. It does have moments of genius like less than lethal takedowns around the Washington cafe and the certain more open environments but do often the game is iron clad 100% linear, as much as 60-70% of the game offers no real choice in approach.

And for a stealth game that's a fecking travesty. Okay, do play it for the good bits, just know they are outnumbered.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neema_t View Post
    I wouldn't know, I played about five games in the space of a minute. Yes, Steam says I've played for one single minute, and that includes time to work out how to start the game.
    Those counters are so unreliable. You probably played for four hours and didn't even realize it. Such is the power of the HypnoHex.

@Heliocentric

Yeah, this game is definitely different. More of a stealth-action kinda game. Batman with guns! The gameplay is solid though in my opinion, even though it's linear.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Nooooo! Don't play conviction, it's story will make your brain melt and fall out of your ears. Instead play the coop, it's a prequel to the events of the campaign and wonderfully better written. To be honest, in the main campaign it's not even the overtly whiney narrative its the level design. It does have moments of genius like less than lethal takedowns around the Washington cafe and the certain more open environments but do often the game is iron clad 100% linear, as much as 60-70% of the game offers no real choice in approach. And for a stealth game that's a fecking travesty. Okay, do play it for the good bits, just know they are outnumbered.
    Pipelines. It's all about the pipelines. They're not really fun to climb on either and really shows how lazy the level designers were in this game. Shame because the good parts were actually good and the game deserves more of them.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Watch me fail as Nobunaga

Quote Originally Posted by FunnyB View Post
    @Heliocentric

Yeah, this game is definitely different. More of a stealth-action kinda game. Batman with guns! The gameplay is solid though in my opinion, even though it's linear.
    It is a solid core experience, traversal (both 'cover to cover' and climbing) is seamless, fast and beautifully complementary to the takedowns. But to truly getting the best out of the game you'll need to launch the "Deniable Ops" game type in the main menu. Configurable challenge setting (you'll want to unlock infiltration mode with uplay points.

Even sadder the best deniable ops maps and the *ONLY* reason I'm still excited for blacklist is the Conviction DLC, the best environments in the series and hidden behind a pay wall, inside a setting half of players would never try and most ridiculously of all at the BOTTOM OF A LIST THAT DOEANT HAVE A VISIBLE SCROLL BAR SO YOU NEED TO RIDDLE THEIR EXISTENXE OUT BY LUCK.

Fecking hell, ubisoft.

Thanks for the suggestions re old school RPGs, I've put Neverwinter Nights 2 on the next to play list after I'm done with my replay of Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic. Every time I play this game I'm amazed at how much fun it is and how much detail they've managed to cram in. So much so that I'm actually a little nervous that AoW 3 could only possibly be a step down.

Dark Souls.

Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Activated Node
    Couldn't wait for the weekend to try Bioshock Infinite, after hearing the positive reviews.

I've barely started the game but I'm already blown away by the visuals. The detail is immense. I have a soft spot for the art style from this era, so just waddling around from one sight to the next is really enjoyable.

I think this is GOTY for me and I haven't even shot anything yet.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I just completed my first run through Proteus

Boy that was something...

It's not a game by any means but everyone should do that at least once ;)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Where is Half Life 3 ?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I m almost finishing Bioshock Infinite but my god, what a fucking chore the combat has become... Been like this since the middle of the game but towards the end it's becoming unbearable. Wave of enemies, after wave of enemies... What a waste, they build this amazing world, so full of details and then add this horrible gunplay.

I can't wait for some trainer with noclip so I can freelook around and take some screenshots.

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    I just completed my first run through Proteus

Boy that was something...

It's not a game by any means but everyone should do that at least once ;)
    How did you defeat the first mini boss?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Currently doing Battlefield 3, Arx Fatalis (via Arx Libertatis), and Nier on the PS3

BF3 is fun, but involves other people
    Arx is Arx
    Trying Nier for the first time. Thus far, I really like it. But time will tell if that continues on or if it becomes a grindfest.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Network Hub
    Switching between Darksiders and Sonic racing transformers. Darksiders is fun but sometimes the back and forth between the rooms goes on for too long. But still, a lot of fun.

Sonic racing is just amazing. Beautiful, runs well, interesting tracks, you can feel yourself improving. Everyone should get it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Fucking raging while playing stupid mario and PES,fuck fuck fuck aaa grgra gea2q21򋟓

I've decided to go for the hardest games in my library now.

Super Meat Boy is the most satisfying of them all. Also the only one that makes me shout at the screen.

I feel like I'm not getting Dark Souls's mechanics at all yet, but I've been advised not to look at a guide. My lack of progress indicates otherwise.

I'm playing Jelly No Puzzle at the moment. Probably the hardest puzzle game I've ever played. I've been stuck in level 8 for a while. I really recommend it though, if you're into those kinds of games. It's free too.
    Last edited by SirDavies; 31-03-2013 at 01:14 AM.