Page 696 of 1205 FirstFirst ... 1965966466866946956966976987067467961196 ... LastLast
Results 13,901 to 13,920 of 24089
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'm still trying to get into Guild Wars 2 - I've not found the race/role which works for me yet and there's another problem too.

I could play Guild Wars and not feel my MMO guilt - that feeling you get when you realise the game is consuming you, that 5 hours just went past, that you ignored the phone ringing because you were busy - but GW2 is actually a proper MMO and it does all those things to me just as WoW and other games did.

I'm not sure I need that again - I've been through the angsty arguments with her indoors about 'games you cannot pause' and 'anti-social gaming' (5 hour raids whilst she's watching TV or at work are apparently anti-social) - the guilt is there now and I'm not sure what to do about it!

Hell I even thought about buying Mists of Pandaria and going back to that place AGAIN - I love that place...

I'm an MMO addict I guess - maybe I need to seek help instead of just seeking solace in pointless single-player games which don't exist unless you're playing them - every time I play an MMO I feel like I'm home but at the same time that I cannot get out again!

Been trying some Dota 2. I think I'll stick to bot-matches for quite some time, what with me being crap and community being at least half as bad as it was during WC3 times.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Any adventure action games which are more accessible like lets say,Prince Of Persia 08 with cool graphics and good story ??

Asking for my sister,she started pop 2008 and like it allot,its also not to hard for her.
    Not really unfortunately, it's one of the reasons I loved PoP'2008. It fitted a niche that was surprisingly empty; Beyond Good and Evil is about the only thing I can think of which feels similar, albeit can be harder/frustrating at times. And there's always the classic Dreamfall, although there the action gameplay is lacking.

OT: Picked up my old game of Recettear again for the evening and I fucking made bank. Asshole Old Man placed an order for some Treasures, day of the order came and BAM! "The price of Treasures has increased". Took the geriatric dickhole to the cleaners. There is no game I shout at as much as this one, especially regarding that cheapass tart of a fairy. Had over 600,000 PIX at one point, then the price of weapons decreased across the board so I've stocked up for the future.
    Capitalism Ho! Fuckers.

Network Hub
    Spec Ops: The Line
    Well I took the advice of some community member and stuck with it and I'm glad I did, the story was pretty good even though I guessed the 'twist' half way through(because you know, I am boss), finally something worth sticking too towards the end. At last a game that sort of moved the death shell inside of me to give the HipHat thumbs ups, well sort of, if only the gameplay was half good. Oh how I raged at the conveyor belt enemies and the "You died" messages. The gameplay really was a drag and I would recommend playing the fucker on easy just for the well done story. Anyway top marks must go the start screen. Very well done I must say. Its refreshing for a game to get you into the right mood before you load up it up.

Lego: LOTR
    Another game I am enjoying! I am on gaming rampage I say. Next I will be playing 50+ hour RPGs and not giving up half way through. Anyway it involves scratching that collecting itch I'm sure everyone has. And it has those little puzzles that even a primate like me can solve and then feel like I'v discovered Einstein's theory. Very good.

Dark Souls
    I feel like I'm ready for a another stab at this, I played this on the Xbox and I think I lost interest after the 30 hour mark but that was probably down to gaming fatigue. I need a RPG of sorts, i'm getting back into gaming now, i'm attentive, alert and damn I want it deep.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Any adventure action games which are more accessible like lets say,Prince Of Persia 08 with cool graphics and good story ??

Asking for my sister,she started pop 2008 and like it allot,its also not to hard for her.
    Take a look at Bastion, Psychonauts, Quantum Conundrum, World of Goo, Trine 1 & 2, Portal 1 & 2, Mirror's Edge, and of course Prince of Persia (2003).

I'm playing: Bioshock Infinite for the 3rd time (1999 mode!), The Secret World, and Pathologic (bachelor's story).
    Last edited by Giaddon; 03-04-2013 at 02:05 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Phew. Finally completed The Witcher. Phew. Essay coming up. (EDIT: Heh, it really could be. Over 1,000 words!)

You know, some time during the end of chapter 3 and then again during chapter 5, I couldn't help but think how similar it was in many respects to Dragon Age 2. From location re-use, especially caves (or should that be cave, singular?), certain plot points and a few other things, it became a little amusing as I drew closer to the end of this. As someone who enjoyed DA2 despite its many obvious flaws, I'm not prepared to say that one was better than the other because there were plenty of things I enjoyed in both. Just something I noticed.

Anyhow, to get to the heart of the matter, I think my experience with The Witcher could be summed up as this. Upon completing the game, I went to the New Adventures tab, had a quick Google check and discovered that two of the seven quests were additional content made by the devs and proceeded into the first. I started it up, got past the first fight about a minute in and then shut down the game, having had enough. I was done, as far as I was concerned. That isn't necessarily a sleight on the enjoyment I've gotten out of the game as a whole, but boy does it do a good many things to annoy me. For starters, almost all of chapter 1, chapter 2 and a decent amount of chapter 3 was rather quite dull (aside from the odd thing). Chapter 4, whilst enjoyable, was at such pacing odds with how chapter 3 ended that I was left deflated. Chapter 5 onwards was highly enjoyable though, both in pacing and context.

My biggest issue with the game though is the narrative. Not necessarily in the actual plot, as I enjoyed a good amount of it, but how nebulous it felt for an awful lot of the time. At points you're inundated with some similar sounding names, or at least long ones or those with titles, and then maybe they're not mentioned for a bit and then pop up and you try to work out who they are again. Acknowledgement of time seems a bit odd too; I'm not 100% sure how long the game lasts in in-game time, so some things felt a little quicker or slower than others. A lot of the secondary quests are very, very tame too with only a few really being of any particular interest.

Dialogue was, for the most part, well done, but considering how good the choice system is (although slightly telling that a quest would remain in your log, with a "They will help me later part" which later enabled me to work out something would happen with a character, even if I didn't know when or how) I felt it maybe lagged behind a little. For some reason I had it in my head that the dialogue options were a little more intelligent than they actually were and on multiple occasions I chose an option to tell someone only because I wanted them to think that rather than "This is a game. Here are the limitations. Pick." Maybe it was like this earlier on and I'd gotten used to it but then it stopped? I can't explain this one, but there were a few times where I was hastily quick loading.

From about chapter 3 onwards, I was something of an immortal in combat. I don't believe other than a few flukey times that I died and this was on hard and I didn't really use potions that much. I don't doubt that had I have really gotten into the potions properly that I'd have been able to have completed the game a little easier and perhaps a bit quicker, but I only really started using them at the end when I was so powerful anyhow after collecting every sword and the best armour in the game, along with a few talents to buff my fighting style of "attempt stun/knockdown, if fail, cast big fire wall thing" which was very effective. By the end game, when I did bother to use potions, I literally could not run out of endurance (coughMPcough).

The thing is though, early on when the game still inundates you with information - I loved the tutorial in that it fit in extremely well, but boy does the game throw a lot of stuff at you in the tutorial and early in chapter 1 - that I was dying a not unnoticeable amount of times and it was just infuriating. Struggling through to the end of chapter 1 and then in chapter 2 you venture to the swamps of HAHA YOU DIE NOW and it just became a huge slog. The fact you then returned to them in chapter 3 was so demoralising. Still though, getting back to the motions of combat, I really enjoyed it. It flowed pretty well and I really got into it. The mix of simple combo attacks and the stun/fire spells worked a charm.

I think if a lot of the duller content was removed and the game was balanced out a little so the content felt a bit more spread out, it'd have been a lot more enjoyable. I didn't keep a time of how long I'd been playing and unless there's a way to find out (my copy was from retail and was manually added to Steam, so not even Steam's notorious time keeper can be used) I'm not sure I want to know how long I spent playing. It's definitely a game I had to work at to enjoy, but in the end I mostly have, so I'm good with that.

I'll wait a little bit before going onto the sequel, but I am very much interested in playing that now. I can only hope the voice acting is better. Like, at all. Seriously, it's pants.

(Ps. For no real reason, I decided to play the game with a minimal RP element of deciding to be "faithful to Triss". This actually prevented me from completing one quest, but I stand by my decision. The sex cards were really very stupid and I'm not sure why they were in there.)
    Last edited by The JG Man; 03-04-2013 at 02:13 AM.