Page 699 of 1205 FirstFirst ... 1995996496896976986997007017097497991199 ... LastLast
Results 13,961 to 13,980 of 24096
    I needed my UT fix, so I played it. Low-grav, Instagib on DM-Morpheus and I'm five years old again!
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Alone in Dark 5,not far with the game so can't say much..Story looks very interesting,game feels original,good puzzle solving..On other hand,game is clunky as fuck,and it feels very unfinished.

I'm playing a old game called Alone in the Dark 1....from 90's....but very dark & thrilling...oldfashioned but a "must"...try it

The old ones have tank controls right ?

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    I'm going to attempt a playthrough of Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. I think I started a game on every platform it is available for just to stop right after the tutorial level; possibly because it always looked rather bland to me. Luckily, this first level is in no way representative of the rest of the game ... which - I got to admit - looks actually great, especially when taken into account that this thing is now a decade old. It also plays very well, some camera issues aside; I even find the often criticized combat to be halfway enjoyable.

Sadly, it takes quite a bit of fiddling to make it work with widescreen resolutions, sort out corresponding UI issues, fix graphical glitches and make it work properly with a gamepad.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Its from before the 360 era so gamepad issues will be annoying. I however have zero issue getting it to run at 1680*1050.

I use uniWS.

Quote Originally Posted by khaz View Post
    I however have zero issue getting it to run at 1680*1050.

I use uniWS.
    I didn't say that it doesn't work, it just requires some fiddling. And having to use an external application to patch the executable to support widescreen resolutions fits my definition of a bit of fiddling.

That said, the game runs flawlessly at 1920x1200 after patching.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Oh man. This is one of those hidden gems full of faults that still manage to become an amazing experience.

Heads up, there are 4 different endings, and if you wanna unlock them all, you need to get ALL weapons in the game (not nearly as hard as it sounds as long as you're not playing on hard).

Also, it's Kaine, not
    Attachment 2943.
    In the choice between him and He of Blood Omen, my mind chose the less whiny one apparently. :P
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

I posted this a while back in the Super Hexagon but I think it's worth a repost:

I think that was the first time in my life that I felt truly suicidal.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    I didn't say that it doesn't work, it just requires some fiddling. And having to use an external application to patch the executable to support widescreen resolutions fits my definition of a bit of fiddling.

That said, the game runs flawlessly at 1920x1200 after patching.
    Sweet, the game holds up really well visually even 10 years later. Lovely art design will do that.

Pro tip: most efficient way to clear zombies out is flip+sword into dagger to suck'em in. My memory fails me if you can do this before the first sword upgrade but you get that fairly quickly. This works against every enemy type except captain zombies and the dual ended halberd holders.

Avoid sword comboing - unless you're in the mood as the prince is wonderfully animated and its practically watching a dance as he swooshes between zombies - and definitely avoid the flip + dual slash move which results in a knockdown as it leaves you horribly exposed to back and side attacks later on.

Against the two bosses: flip + 1 slash only, repeat ad nauseam. They can't do a thing.

Oh yeah, the PC version comes with a frequency slider in the game options. Determines how many zombie respawns you want. Put at minimum to enjoy game more. You shouldn't have more than one or two wave of respawns anywhere in the game then.

Sweet, the game holds up really well visually even 10 years later. Lovely art design will do that.
    I couldn't agree more!

Oh yeah, the PC version comes with a frequency slider in the game options. Determines how many zombie respawns you want. Put at minimum to enjoy game more. You shouldn't have more than one or two wave of respawns anywhere in the game then.
    Oh, that's what this slider is about? I never would've guessed, not in a million years ... I mean, it's a slider located in the game options labeled Insert Frequency with no further hint or tooltip to explain what it affects.

Hm, I wonder if I want to turn it down, though. There is a lot of respawning going on, no question. Not sure if I want to mess with the game balance ... but definitely good to know that it's there.

Thanks for the hints!

Anyone know how to get xbox460 gamepad working with Alone In Dark 5,in game it shows gamepad buttons but only keyboard works and its quite clunky,gamepad should be better internet said.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Hmm, I started at Phase 2 and then regressed back to Phase 0 in about five minutes.
    For me it kicked in when I started lasting ~30 seconds on Hexa/goner/.

Quote Originally Posted by Oshada View Post
    With games being so short on average, I never quite feel that frustrated with the game, it's just a mild annoyance: at some point I'll get the combination of patterns that I can tackle. Then again I've yet to beat Hexagonest and only scored 25s on Hyper Hexagon - long way before I get to the really hard parts (assuming I do)
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I have been 'playing' Solium Infernum which mostly revolves around me staring at a map and muttering.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I have been 'playing' Solium Infernum which mostly revolves around me staring at a map and muttering.
    If you're not muttering you're playing it wrong.

When friends are online: DotA 2

When they aren't: Dishonored (slowly)

When my wife wants to spend quality time and feels like playing: Blops vs bots (on the 360)

When my wife wants to hang out but not play together: Red Dead Redemption (on the 360)

Kingdoms Of Amalur and ARMA 2 right now. A little bit of BF3 thrown in the mix as well.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oshada View Post
    That's painful.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Network Hub
    Planescape: Torment is on for $6 on GOG. Should I just take the plunge and buy it, or do you guys think it'll get any cheaper?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Track View Post
    Planescape: Torment is on for $6 on GOG. Should I just take the plunge and buy it, or do you guys think it'll get any cheaper?
    How much cheaper do you fucking need it to be?
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen