Page 70 of 1190 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172801201705701070 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 23789
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    ...the bots are getting smarter.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I'm hearing this in the voice of deep voiceover guy.

It's the tagline for my Battlefield 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by ankit View Post
    That awkward moment when you try to fart while music is playing, but it gets all quiet. That awkward moment when someone calls you,
    duh duh duh, de du du.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    duh duh duh, de du du. frrrrt.
    Fixed.

10char
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Finished Blue Shift earlier which took me only about three hours. Not only was it too unchallenging but also really boring in terms of level design and such. I have played better mods than this. I'd be seriously angry if I paid anywhere near full prize for this.
    After that I played and finished Opposing Force in one go. It's a tremendous difference between this and Blue Shift. In fact, I'd say it's almost as good as the original game - except when it runs out of ideas like that one level that is pretty much a replica of Blast Pit.
    Also, I swear Half-Life has more air vents than Deus Ex.
    New! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Not exactly new! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Kind of old! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Decided, in a fit of indecisiveness over what to play, randomly install Trine which has been sitting in my Steam list untouched ever since I salvaged it for pocket change in some deal or other. I'm actually really pleasantly surprised how fun it is. It's got just the right balance between brainteasing and relaxing to make it a rather lovely little thing. I can actually see myself going back to the previous levels to find all the experience bottles I've missed after I've cleared the story, just because I can. A delightful little surprise.
    Give me steam and how you feel to make it real.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Got my mint classics double pack from the post today - Warhammer: Dark Omen and Syndicate Wars.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Been playing the SP campaigns of CoH: Tales of Valor. Except for the Tiger Ace missions, they're rather too much like the missions I liked the least in the original and OF; too much hurrying, too little time to set up defenses, and way too many bloody interruptions where the game takes over the controls and the cam when you're in the middle of doing something.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Started playing the Rise of the Samurai campaign for Shogun 2 - took me a while to realise that the '+30% recruitment cost' and other things that read like nerfs were in fact actually nerfs and not typos - what with the total war games usually offering only advantages to various factions and letting the natural deficits that brings speak for themselves. Still, this does mean the factions feel quite varied. Trying the diplomacy heavy faction and finding some success with that - bribing settlements isn't impossibly expensive, it's just restricted by whose family affiliation they side with which you need to counterbalance before you can make a go at it, in which time more militarily oriented families can try and beat you up some.

Battlefield 3 Beta, wit hthe occasional Total War thrown in, since my brother bought the pack and Shogun 2. Again. Playing Shogun 2's campaign with 2 people is even better than doing it by yourself.

I'm laying waste to all who stand before me and unlocking research 54 turns early in the RPS SotS game... Because that's how I roll.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Baldur's Gate Trilogy is loaded up, fully-modded and ready to go. I have a ranger character, I rolled some ridiculous stats, and I completely forgot that ranged weapons were useful in BG1 so only took skills in Longsword, Warhammer and 2 Weapon Fighting.
    So in summary: Hell Yeah! Booh Yah! And Fuck!

I can see this destroying my life for the next few months.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    Baldur's Gate Trilogy is loaded up, fully-modded and ready to go. I have a ranger character, I rolled some ridiculous stats, and I completely forgot that ranged weapons were useful in BG1 so only took skills in Longsword, Warhammer and 2 Weapon Fighting.

You should try a Ranger/Cleric multi-class. Ridiculously overpowered.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post

How did you mod it?

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I'm laying waste to all who stand before me and unlocking research 54 turns early in the RPS SotS game... Because that's how I roll.
    I'd like to say I'm sorry to be pimping this here, but that would be lie.
    Dearspace diary A rolling SotS jotter

Lesser Hivemind Node DigitalSignalX's Avatar
    Just wrapped up Hunted: Demons Forge. Picked it up for 11 bucks on Amazon and spent the weekend with it. While it couldn't be more on rails unless it actually had railroad tracks, I still found it pretty enjoyable. I really like the darkness as a mechanic, you have to play "protect the torch bearer" in a lot of places else you'll be doing a lot of wild sword flailing in the dark. The banter between the two protagonists is fairly entertaining, which is good because the plot is as scant as the female armor models.

Technically, it's an obvious crappy console port, and suffers from classic lazy developer syndrome. You have to manually disable or unplug a controller else it detects it and the UI can't be set to show keyboard/mouse instructions during the game. Once you figure that out, it does play OK with a mouse, but you have to disable auto aiming. The FOV is still set for TV sets, which made things look stretchy on my monitor, and there's absolutely no settings for graphics other then texture/shadow detail and resolution. HDR and depth of field tends to go crazy in some scenes, causing either massive inn appropriate brightness or dark blurry blobs that are difficult to see/aim at from a distance while they have no problem hitting you. Also.. checkpoints, so if you die or quit, you'll have to go back and repeat a bit every time. Grrr.

Other then the console crap, ya, pretty decent game for the money.

I've been neglecting my duties as a PC Gamer - Red Orchestra sits buggy and alone on my Steam list, Sengoku waits for me to finally get around to ending that siege - and playing a whole lot of Forza Motorsport 3 on the Xbox instead. It's mildly bittersweet, since most of the community will probably be moving on to Forza 4 in a few weeks and I don't know if or when I'll be joining them. There's still so much of it I haven't experienced yet, and I've put God knows how many hours into it.

Red Orchestra: HoS. Occasional hiccups ,yes , but bit of patience and dose of chill pill and then when it works (perhaps I'm lucky ,but 99 % of time for me it does) its a great fun. Stats broken , more comic relief really, the gist of the game though its there. Playing as a faithful son of the Motherland mostly and dying a lot.Ladies and gents I like to encourage you to forgive and forget quirks and come and play what is easily for me the MP of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizardry View Post
    You should try a Ranger/Cleric multi-class. Ridiculously overpowered.
    I've heard you can have a lot of fun playing around with both the druid and cleric spells while at the same time kicking ass in combat. The idea of having a frontline fighter who can throw around dispel magic, true seeing and buffs is very appealing, but I'm never too keen on going with hybrid characters. I like multi-classes just fine - in fact I usually craft my own fighter-thief NPC character when playing just BG2 using the MP mode because all the thief NPCs suck - but for my main class, especially going through BG for the first time in ages with added difficulty mods installed, I want something I know.

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    How did you mod it?
    Let's see:
    Trilogy
    Trilogy Tweaks
    BG2 Tweaks
    BG Unfinished Business
    BG2 Unfinished Business
    Widescreen
    Fontmod
    Item Randomizer
    Sword Coast Strategems I & II

It's those last two that worry me somewhat in case I've selected options that are going to make things incredibly hard at times. Although to be honest I'm really looking forward to playing the games again with a few new twists. So long as it holds together. Installing that number of mods always makes me a bit jumpy.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    @Casimir

Thanks for the answer, please do let us know how it goes. I've been looking to replay the BG games for some time, but have been experiencing some mod paralysis due to the variety of options available.

It is a bit of a pain in the ass to set up. Letting, say, a tweak mod just install what it thinks best is just a bad idea, but often the things it can change or the options it gives are pretty incomprehensible unless you have a very exact knowledge of the games or sometimes even other mods that it (the tweak mod) is taking a cue from.

I had explanations of what all the things were open in my browser at the same time but even then I did a lot of guessing and it took several hours to set up (I could have finished some games in the time it took to mod this one). Going through each change thoroughly would be a game in itself.

The mods I chose have essentially:
    Added stuff back in that was evident in game files but not finished. This adds extra content I won't have seen before but on the developers grounds rather than enthusiastic fans with terrible writing skills or strange proclivities (see: underage romance mods...).
    Stapled BG2 onto BG but making everything use the BG2 engine and specific rules (eg. I can start BG with a Undead Hunter paladin and all the spells from 2 are in 1. Exp from lockpicking and spell learning turned off for BG though, as it would overpower your party).
    Tweaked both games to streamline things somewhat & also improve BG2 functionality in BG (eg. make skills/proficiencies like they are in BG2 where they are more specific).
    Randomize the placement of all non-quest items in the game via assigning them a value based on their 'power' and swapping them only with items with similar value (ie. Sword +4 cannot be swapped with Quarterstave).
    Tweaked all AI in the game to remove some stupid behaviour and often enhance things - potentially making it harder which is my biggest worry.