Page 700 of 1235 FirstFirst ... 2006006506906986997007017027107508001200 ... LastLast
Results 13,981 to 14,000 of 24684
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Track View Post
    Planescape: Torment is on for $6 on GOG. Should I just take the plunge and buy it, or do you guys think it'll get any cheaper?
    If you're asking that question there's really no reason to buy it, as you'll likely never play it.

Network Hub
    No, I'm gonna play it at some point. I just wanted to know if this was one of those games that went down to $2.50 or something regularly like Just Cause 2, in which case I could probably wait.

Age of Empires 2: Hip Dysplasia. I'm not sure what I expected but it's rather difficult to not fall asleep during the incredibly tedious tutorial.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Planescape: Torment is on for $6 on GOG. Should I just take the plunge and buy it, or do you guys think it'll get any cheaper?
    If you buy all the other games it's just $2

$2 cheap enough for you?

I mean it probably costs more, in your time terms, to pirate it :)

The other games are mostly excellent too - mostly...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    Age of Empires 2: Hip Dysplasia. I'm not sure what I expected but it's rather difficult to not fall asleep during the incredibly tedious tutorial.
    I've always found tutorials for that sort of game tedious - there's a lot to cover but they do insist on talking and talking and talking instead of just letting you play.

I'm not sure who they're aiming it at - massively stupid people I suspect.

In the same way Doctors have an annoying habit of talking to everyone as if they're mentally feeble - maybe it's a natural "I'm the guy who knows stuff - I'll talk down to everyone" itis...

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    If you buy all the other games it's just $2

$2 cheap enough for you?

I mean it probably costs more, in your time terms, to pirate it :)

The other games are mostly excellent too - mostly...
    It certainly is a tempting bundle. I may have a couple of them, though, so I'll check into it.

Also: finished Assassins Creed II. What a stupid ending. I mean, the game was fantastic, but wow was the ending horrible.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    If you have games they're creditted for the discount - once you have 2-3 it's really just "buy the rest" time - even the crap ones (Dragonshard).

Red Orchestra 2 for the free weekend so I can take advantage of servers actually having players.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    It certainly is a tempting bundle. I may have a couple of them, though, so I'll check into it.

Also: finished Assassins Creed II. What a stupid ending. I mean, the game was fantastic, but wow was the ending horrible.
    Yup. Assassins Creed stories have the potential of a Neal Stephenson book* but always, always go full retard at some point and don't look back. To its credit, AC1 held off for a long while with this and only went crazy right at the end with all the mind control bullshit. AC2 is worse, it combines story dick-moves - "I'm not going to kill you even though you've been my mortal enemy up to this point and my job is essentially Assassin Extraordinaire and you're still a massive threat to everything I stand for because you are the fucking Pope" - and what-in-the-hellass-you-shitty-writers moments - "Aliens? Aliens who can see into the future? Really?". And without giving anything away, Brotherhood perpetuates both levels of dumbass admirably, and goes so far as to let the former make many of the story missions an absolute fucking chore, rather than just setting up future missions liek in AC2.

* historical settings and characters with a story written to entwine fact with fiction in a way which can be pretty cool; see 'Baroque Cycle'.

And Planescape Torment is easily worth that price, and doesn't tend to get lower as an individual game.

More Dota 2 as of late. Great fun with one or two friends while on Skype/Raidcall, utter horrible shite otherwise. Seems like some things never change.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Just killed Benny 70 hours into New Vegas and I still haven't even explored a quarter of what the game has to offer. He walked around a corner right into the loving embrace of my hunting revolver, took three shots center mass, and went flying back against the wall like he'd just been shot out of a cannon. That guy is dead as shit.

I wonder if Cass calls you out on that if not 30 minutes ago you responded to her idea of an assassination against the two people who'd killed her employees, with 'nah, let's gather some evidence and get them arrested instead.'

Ah who cares, I'm serving her up for dinner anyway.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag View Post
    Red Orchestra 2 for the free weekend so I can take advantage of servers actually having players.
    Just went to try it again but there were no servers showing. Gave up and went to Chivalry and had the same problem then notticed my steam was showing that "no connection could be made to the steam servers". Anyone else having this issue? Been like this for an hour now.

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SephKing View Post
    Anyone else having this issue? Been like this for an hour now.
    Yupp, same here. Seems to be up and running again, though.

Finished the Darkness 2 yesterday. A cool but short game (which is good given my backlog).

No back to Dark souls, starting Anor Londo.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    If you want more Darkness 2, be sure to check out the Vendetta mode, which is a parallel story to the main game with new locations and characters. I found the samurai guy to be particularly fun.

Okami on the PS2
    Okamiden on the DS

Real gems!

My PS3 has been abandoned for a little while and my dad got me taking another peek in Azeroth on my PC...
    Way too little time to play though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I think I might have finally found something in Guild Wars 2 which suits me - I started a Norn Protector and hammered the whole first 5 levels in one sitting - I only quit because I was falling asleep and it was 4:30am

Ironically I think it clicked for 2 reasons

1 - the story/location for the Norn is less twee than the Charr, Sylvari and Asura - not much but enough to make me read the dialog instead of skipping it
    2 - less walking - more teleports locally - and the quests seemed to stack-up perfectly with events always happened as I was questing meaning even less travel required
    3 - PEOPLE PLAYING - yes - REAL people!

It might also be because it seems to do what AoC did which kept my attention there. When I swing a weapon, EVERYTHING in-front or around me takes damage! That's how it should be done.

It also seems to have a bit of the 'your ability to take damage gives health to others' stuff I also like - my favourite solo levelling in WoW was a Paladin geared to just suck life out of everything around me. Aggro a whole area and AOE/leech it all to death - superfun!

Still not conviced I'm in a game set in a world - it feels like a collection of areas and not a 'place' - but then so did AoC...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag View Post
    Played a few minutes. It was a huge camp fest and i got shot by people who i couldn't even see, and conversely i shot people who had no idea i was camped on top of some uniform colored rubble 500m away. I uninstalled after 30 minutes.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    Just killed Benny 70 hours into New Vegas and I still haven't even explored a quarter of what the game has to offer. He walked around a corner right into the loving embrace of my hunting revolver, took three shots center mass, and went flying back against the wall like he'd just been shot out of a cannon. That guy is dead as shit.

I wonder if Cass calls you out on that if not 30 minutes ago you responded to her idea of an assassination against the two people who'd killed her employees, with 'nah, let's gather some evidence and get them arrested instead.'

Ah who cares, I'm serving her up for dinner anyway.
    Cass is a great companion, did her quest the other day, she's by far my favourite so far. Icing the Van Graffs and stealing all their gear for my own Caravan enterprise was brilliant.

I'm astonished how much new shit I keep finding in this game even when essentially retracing steps. Like how you can do exactly the same quests but just in a slightly different order, or work for another faction for a bit, and the dialogue will be about 30% different anyway even though the choices and options are exactly the same.

And it's totally seamless as well. You can go wherever you want, talk to whoever you like, treat people as you please, right from the off, and everything still falls into place in spite of how absolutely massive the calculations must have to be across the board to make that work. I've gone from being a sort of neutral good character to a ruthless business man without even registering it, and everything in the game has just fallen into place around that. My perks and specs allow me to cater to it, the main quest line gives me the opportunity to pursue the two in tandem, other factions' attitudes towards me have altered accordingly, dialogue options recognize it as well, and so on.

In terms of pure role playing, in the sense of literally playing a role, there's not a game comes close in terms of what it both offers and delivers in my opinion.

Played Lume. It's not very long (as it currently stands) but the paper cut-out graphics are lovely and the puzzles are good. Not too difficult, although one of the locks had me stumped for a bit. Worth picking up in the next sale or bundle for anyone who is at all interested in "that sort of thing".
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.