Page 702 of 1177 FirstFirst ... 202602652692700701702703704712752802 ... LastLast
Results 14,021 to 14,040 of 23537
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I realized long ago that to make sense of any of the PCs in RPGs you have to imagine them as incredibly nosy busybodys who can't stand letting anything happen without their involvement.

Jumped into King of Dragon Pass. It's really interesting, but also baffling, even after the tutorial and manual - maybe a bit like Paradox games. I don't know what I'm doing half the time, but it seems likely that the only way to figure it out is to plough ahead.

Also played a bit of Rayman: Oranges until I got frustrated. It's forgiving by the standards of platformers, but I've never been all that good at platformers.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Started playing The Banner Saga: Factions last night and I'm enjoying it so far. I even managed to win a few matches, which was nice. Also, FTL and Dredmor.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakkura View Post
    It's connected to what's going on in the Mojave. Though the connection does feel a bit flimsy in action.
    Don't get me wrong, I get the connection, I know it's not just some RPG holiday away from it all. I suppose what I meant was that given how little I've seen of the core game, even after nearly 200 hours played, it feels very abstract in comparison. I look forward to exploring all the DLC in good time but not until I've explored the Mojave proper.

Just finished Bioshock Infinite, which was absolutely brilliant.

I'll be gobsmacked if there's a better singleplayer shooter this year.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by airtekh View Post
    I'll be gobsmacked if there's a better singleplayer shooter this year.
    HL3 is coming this year so yeah... enjoy your gobsmacking.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    LEGO Batman 2, with my kids "Superman can't open this door we need Robin" so canonical it hurts .
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    I think I might have finally found something in Guild Wars 2 which suits me - I started a Norn Protector and hammered the whole first 5 levels in one sitting - I only quit because I was falling asleep and it was 4:30am

Ironically I think it clicked for 2 reasons

1 - the story/location for the Norn is less twee than the Charr, Sylvari and Asura - not much but enough to make me read the dialog instead of skipping it
    2 - less walking - more teleports locally - and the quests seemed to stack-up perfectly with events always happened as I was questing meaning even less travel required
    3 - PEOPLE PLAYING - yes - REAL people!
    Glad to hear that you have found a way in, since I do really like the game (you also got me playing it again on my hammerdin 2nd char, congratulations!). Think points 2+3 are basically the same - the game is really designed for lots of people running around, chaining events off each other and fighting together, it just makes every aspect so much better. The current event thing had me playing in a busier-than-usual area I had never been to, it really is a very pretty game, even if it isn't a truly believable world.

So now I am playing Infinite, Planetside 2 and GW2.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Well, I definitely positively love Nier.

I love it so much, in fact, that I am about to go replay the first 12 hours (I imagine it will take me less time the second time around) because I only found out after saving that NG+ won't let me complete the quests from the first half of the game. So... yeah. God damn it :p
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Well, I definitely positively love Nier.
    As should be.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Finished the New Vegas Dead Money DLC.

Spoilers: There was almost 400,000 caps worth of treasure in the vault... in heavy gold bars. And since you have to be able to run in order to escape, I only made it out with 20k. Damnit. Should've dumped everything but my underwear.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    Spoilers:
    It can actually be done, truth.

Spoilers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vS1IzsKa5cs
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    God, if I'd slogged through the unending torture that is Dead Money and all I got for my trouble was a bunch of caps, I'd have been even more murderous towards that god-awful DLC than I already was. I'm doubly glad I gave up on that one, now!

Dead Money is significantly harder if you use guns. That's because the Junk Rounds perk is seriously broken and has nothing on its energy weapon counterpart, Vigilant Recycler. Oddly enough, this wasn't fixed in Project Nevada (at least it wasn't when I played, almost a year ago). Jsawyer did fix it, however.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    I've put a couple of hours into Brutal Legend now and, after coming from The Witcher, I feel like I've gone from one good-but-flawed game to another, but I think this one is not as good and more flawed. For one, the driving feels really poor. Handling doesn't settle quite right with me and I feel like the frame rate is really indecisive. I've turned what I'm sure is Vysnc on and I know I should be able to get 60fps on this, but something just feels off and I can't put my finger on it. Combat is simple albeit not in a bland way, but the lack of a health bar is frustrating because it's then hard to know how much damage you're taking. I don't mind the quick regen health, it's not like I expected this game to have the combat depth of something like Devil May Cry, but then mix in the feeling (not that they necessarily are) that some enemies are bullet sponges and combat altogether just feels a bit flat. I am playing on hard, but I don't think that would really diminish any of these problems, at least not significantly.

The secondary quests, well, already two hours in I've had repetition and even these shown signs of not being really polished. Take that "Ambush" quest. Sometimes your allies will die really quickly, other times they'll be fine and you'll feel like you've almost not done much. The racing ones feel not entirely balanced, not to mention infused with the same vehicle issues I have above, but can be quite frustrating. Of the two I had available, the second one took a good 15 minutes because whenever I got close to the other vehicle, so much as touching it would almost send me the wrong way. Considering that at that point in the race if you flipped out you would essentially have no chance of catching up, it was very frustrating.

It's all really at odds with the music and design which are fantastic. I feel like, even this early into the game, the cracks are obvious and the game needed more time. I've had to restart to some checkpoints for dying to things I didn't feel like I'd taken damage from previously and so on and so forth.
    Last edited by The JG Man; 08-04-2013 at 03:46 AM.