Page 704 of 1211 FirstFirst ... 2046046546947027037047057067147548041204 ... LastLast
Results 14,061 to 14,080 of 24220
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wrestledwithgod View Post
    Is there any decent, less destructive weapon I can get for Marcus? I've made it all the way to NCR.
    Energy weapons like plasma riffle... but it is too early i guess for you if you just got to NCR.
    Give him bozar and stand behind him when fighting. he will tank and kill everything which gets too close while you can pick people from far away.

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    Other than that, I think I'm going to have to drop Sulik off if I don't want to run into problems with burst weapons anymore.
    You could always give Sulik a non-burst weapon. He performs very well with the .223 pistol, which I believe you can buy in the NCR. Another nice option is the Pancor Jackhammer, also available at NCR. Or you could turn him into a melee fighter and let him loose with the Super Sledge.

Is there any decent, less destructive weapon I can get for Marcus? I've made it all the way to NCR.
    If you don't mind a quick detour, go to the Toxic Caves and pick up either the Bozar (best Big Gun in the game) or the Plasma Rifle. If you choose the latter, visit Algernon in New Reno and have him upgrade it into the Turbo Plasma Rifle. Be aware that you need an Electronic Lockpick to enter the Toxic Caves basement.

You could also give him a Power Fist, I suppose, though his inabilty to wear armour means he'll need a lot of Stimpacks to work as a melee fighter.

Are there any relatively easy to obtain Plasma Rifles? Anyway, I rescued the girl from the Khans at Vault 15 peacefully, and now Tandi wants me to get rid of them. Their leader isn't willing to talk to me, though. Is there any solution to this that doesn't involve having to wipe them out?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Are there any relatively easy to obtain Plasma Rifles?
    random encounters north from san fran. tough battles but if you are prepared you don't need much to win a lot of goodies....

still playing BG2. dear god that game is long. The game just throws quests at you one after another.
    Managed to kill the Unseen Eye. Like a badass I am but then Nalia gets arrested. So i try to rescue her only for Jaheira to get poisoned.
    Sorted those and now in Plane Sphere killing demons (okay. just one. took a lot out of me but next one will go down much easier. need to properly buff my tank (minsc. he has 19 str. although I have potions for str. so maybe keldor with lower AC would be better)

so much to do, takes ages. having fun tough. but holy shit another fifty hours of gameplay await me at this pace.
    Last edited by Lukasz; 08-04-2013 at 07:22 PM.

Are there any relatively easy to obtain Plasma Rifles? Anyway, I rescued the girl from the Khans at Vault 15 peacefully, and now Tandi wants me to get rid of them. Their leader isn't willing to talk to me, though. Is there any solution to this that doesn't involve having to wipe them out?
    Late on this but it's relatively easy to get one from the Gun Runners in San Fran or The Glow iirc.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

NIPPON DOMINATION-log or new playthrough of Shogun 2 in which I may fail miserably and restart several times-log

Played a bit of Dark souls, I backtracked to Sen's fortress for an important ring I forgot to pick up and emptied the ruins of new londo of all the water. Took some time. Pesty ghosts...

I then played half an hour of Limbo. Brilliant game, clever puzzles but not too difficult. I am at 2/3 of the puzzle. Will try to finish it tonight.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Re: Marcus
    Or dump him because he is a liability.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 09-04-2013 at 12:06 PM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Liability as in, everybody will hate you (or just him) 'cause he's a mutant and hanging around with him will invite more bullets than conversation?
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

NIPPON DOMINATION-log or new playthrough of Shogun 2 in which I may fail miserably and restart several times-log

Because he shoots you in the back mainly.

On topic:
    Dominions 3 is so arcane, I love the hodge-podge of cultures and concepts, yes it brings the concept of balance into disrepute but WHATEVER. I know I am confidently paddling in the shallow end of its content but that suits me fine. March forth my £5 customer pretties.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I normally played Fallout 2 with three or four companions. Marcus, Cassidy, and Gorris were my favorite choices. I never had the problems with friendly fire that everyone else did, but my guy was a sniper who shot from the back of the party.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Here's a challenge, try and describe in detail the appearance of the Ranger Sequoia without making it sound like you're pleasuring yourself with it.

Can't be done. There's a golden double headed bear on the smooth wooden grip, and a golden trigger, but these touches are minor so as not to distract from the stunning intricate patterns carved into the side, along with the words 'for honourable service' on the long barrel. Come ere Sequoia, I've got something you can service.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Re: Marcus
    Or dump him because he is a liability.
    Found it impossible to clear the hold of the rusty ship without him. :/
    Last edited by Drake Sigar; 09-04-2013 at 04:06 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    There was me, thinking I was getting into GW2 finally and it all falls apart again - a long stretch of tiresome 'go get this and carry it SLOWLY back' quests - an area where the quest difficulty is so wobbly that you go from easy to 'you die in 1 hit' enemies and a lot of uninspiring group stuff and I've lost interest again...

It's a dogs breakfast of a thing, I don't want it to remind me that there are over 700 places I need to 'stand' to unlock some fucking pointless achievement - I don't want to fuck around playing snowball with kids either - the world is charmless and I've seen enough of it I think.

People said it was struggling in player terms and I've seen far-too-few playing it. One event I did was well patronised and fun but then everyone just melted away (too easy rapid-transport?) and soon it was a single-player game again.

I'm sure it took loads of people to create it - it's a shame none of them seem to have imbued it with any character...

What are all the people who left WoW playing then? Don't tell me it's SW:TOR because I don't believe you :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Realised that siding with Mr House is like siding with Mrs Thatcher, what the fuck has this game done to me

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sakkura's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    People said it was struggling in player terms and I've seen far-too-few playing it. One event I did was well patronised and fun but then everyone just melted away (too easy rapid-transport?) and soon it was a single-player game again.
    Seems well populated to me. Much better than SWTOR and generally WoW too. It's just that people are spread out across more zones, because the low-level zones aren't completely pointless for high-level chars.

Getting my ass handed to me in Panzer Corps and Civ V, it's not a good day for my turn-based strategy ego.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakkura View Post
    Seems well populated to me. Much better than SWTOR and generally WoW too. It's just that people are spread out across more zones, because the low-level zones aren't completely pointless for high-level chars.
    My understanding is that there are some low-population servers that are bad.

But I am on one of the medium pop servers that ANet was allowing for free transfers to (Ferguson's Crossing) and I am regularly sent to an overflow at Lion's Arch and I can always find people wandering around in just about all the zones (the 50-70 areas are a bit anemic, mostly because everyone in those ranges are just powering through to either get to Orr or are doing dungeons instead of exploring).
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakkura View Post
    The only time I see ANYONE in-game is when there's an "end of story" local group event - the people appear, the skies rain fire, stuff dies and before you've checked what's going on, you're Han Solo again!

I think the 'automatic grouping and sharing' stuff is great in some ways - but it also means people have NO reason to talk or spend time together away from those moments.

They've also put a lot of stuff in which requires a group (their equivalent of 'elite' monsters etc.) and it's not always obvious which bits that is until you get the shit kicked out of you :)

Oh and one other gripe - the sheer amount of JUNK you get to pick-up and have to work-out what to do with is tiresome. Every monster drops some sort of crafting crap - your bags fill-up in no time - there's no easy way to know what's worth having and I'm tried of finding places to dump it. They even added 'encumberment' when you have a quest reward and no space - you walk SLOWLY until you either destroy something or find a vendor - what the fuck is the point of that?

WoW was like this early-on - it loved weighing you down with crap but it learned it's lesson, why GW2 wants me to carry crafting crap, logs, audio logs, a tonne of weapons etc. I've no idea at all (it could, at least, put the quest-related stuff into a 'free' bag of some sort).

For everything this game has in 'polish' it has to decidedly dodgy aspects too - I'm really disappointed with it overall, I could go back to WoW in a heartbeat - I might even just do that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    trjp: A few suggestions

1. Consider moving to a new server. The one you are on may be a low-pop one
    2. You can automatically deposit all crafting items (well, except for a few unique ones you get early on). Do that regularly
    3. Carry a few salvage kits to salvage anything called "Salvage item" or anything you don't intend to sell (early on, probably nothing. By the end, most everything :p)
    4. Whenever you see a merchant, go and sell junk. That will auto-sell all the junk
    5. Anything left over after auto-selling and depositing is equipment or a quest item. Destroy quest items you don't need and either use, sell, or salvage equipment
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Games I have beaten out of pure hatred:
    -Ninja Gaiden 2
    -Cave Story+
    -Far Cry
    -Kane & Lynch
    -Kane & Lynch 2
    -Rochard
    -Serious Sam: The Random Encounter
    And now, Fortix 2. May I never lay eyes on any of these asshole games again.