Page 705 of 1049 FirstFirst ... 205605655695703704705706707715755805 ... LastLast
Results 14,081 to 14,100 of 20963
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    trjp: A few suggestions

1. Consider moving to a new server. The one you are on may be a low-pop one
    2. You can automatically deposit all crafting items (well, except for a few unique ones you get early on). Do that regularly
    3. Carry a few salvage kits to salvage anything called "Salvage item" or anything you don't intend to sell (early on, probably nothing. By the end, most everything :p)
    4. Whenever you see a merchant, go and sell junk. That will auto-sell all the junk
    5. Anything left over after auto-selling and depositing is equipment or a quest item. Destroy quest items you don't need and either use, sell, or salvage equipment
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Games I have beaten out of pure hatred:
    -Ninja Gaiden 2
    -Cave Story+
    -Far Cry
    -Kane & Lynch
    -Kane & Lynch 2
    -Rochard
    -Serious Sam: The Random Encounter
    And now, Fortix 2. May I never lay eyes on any of these asshole games again.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    It's a dogs breakfast of a thing, I don't want it to remind me that there are over 700 places I need to 'stand' to unlock some fucking pointless achievement - I don't want to fuck around playing snowball with kids either - the world is charmless and I've seen enough of it I think.
    To me it feels more like staring into the black abyss of quest/achievement/mustalwayshaveahundredthingstodo mania that WoW started, then realising that none of it really matters more than anything else. You can't do it all, so what you do do is up to you. And the game won't punish you for ignoring it. Hence I have never ended up playing much endgame/hardcore GW2, but am happy to go back to it now. Playing today I had to traverse an unexplored zone to reach the next story quest and accidentally triggered a series of events which snowballed with more and more players until we completed the boss event at the other end of the zone, gaining a whole level and bumloads of loot as I went. At which point I remembered the reason I was even there and the quest was just round the corner.

Then I looked up a crafting levelling guide, realised what a huge grind it would be to do it optimally, thought fuck it and just crafted what I wanted to use. This is how I feel playing GW2, but if you are the sort of person that is compelled to complete every achievement, tick every box, there might just be way too much of it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    They've also put a lot of stuff in which requires a group (their equivalent of 'elite' monsters etc.) and it's not always obvious which bits that is until you get the shit kicked out of you :)
    You can actually solo some champion monsters if you are awesome. The difficulty does vary a lot, but it encourages you to develop skill/run away if something is too hard.

Oh and one other gripe - your bags fill-up in no time - there's no easy way to know what's worth having and I'm tried of finding places to dump it.
    I believe if you click on the cog-thing in the top right corner of your inventory you can press 'deposit craft materials' or some such and everything gets sent straight to your materials bank. When you use a craft station it is automatically available again, shared across characters. Took me ages to realise that.

Well, that's the end of Spec Ops: The Line.

Now I'm confused.

Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post

Now I'm confused.
    It was earth all along.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Finished BioShock Infinite 1999 mode, also the third time I've finished the game.

Holy crap it's good.

Guess I'll return to The Secret World... also there's a new 1.7 patch for Percursors I want to dig into. And maybe I should finally beat Pathologic? Choices.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Thanks for the GW2 tips but the game just isn't for me - I've poured 1000s of hours into WoW, I love the game - this is a shadow of it.

It's packed-to-the-ceiling with bullshit. My time in WoW really tailed-off when achievements appeared there but here there are times when I feels everything is tailored around them!

GW2 has other issues too - stupid shit like areas which respawn so fast you go from fighting 1 guy to the next to the next and the first 2 reappear and leap in and so on.

You also move like a snail with piles - I'm tired of lumbering around at about 2mph - I'm tired of slopes which my gran could climb but my character can't and so on.

Oh and Sonic Periscopes - whoever put those in I hope gets cancer of the arsehole - seriously, fuck them and their entire families...

"Here's an idea - a turret with massive range and a knockback - that will be brilliant"

p.s. In about 8 hours there was one moment which made me smile - the Norns singing "Splish Splash, 4 norns in a bath" - otherwise it's a fucking grim game ram-packed with earnest and tiresome characters - it's like a really bad SyFy series, it's almost unwatchable.
    Last edited by trjp; 10-04-2013 at 03:01 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Hunted: The Demon's Forge. Bretty good! Playing solo, with the elf girl. It's like Gears of War with bows. The visuals swing between hilarious heavy metal fantasy and Witcher-esque atmosphere.
    I'm in a village straight out of the first Witcher right now and I'm surprised an American dev can pull off something like this. American fantasy always has a fake Disneyland feel whereas you could tell me this is made in Poland and I'd believe you. It lacks polish anyway.
    It also features the darkest dungeons outside of the Souls series.
    I enjoy the main characters. They're not particularly funny or clever, they just feel a bit more real than most.
    Let me put it this way: it's infinitely better than LOTR: War in the North, but it's not as good as The First Templar. I know Brian Fargo isn't pleased with it but I'm charmed by its fantasy B-movie style and the gameplay is enjoyable enough. A good bargain bin purchase. If I'm not mistaken our good friend Althea also liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Giaddon View Post
    also there's a new 1.7 patch for Percursors I want to dig into.
    Official or fan-made? I assume it's the no-budget crazy ambitious shooter RPG from the ex-developers of Stalker. Where did you get it and how can it be patched? I have the Beamdog version but haven't played it yet.
    Last edited by SirKicksalot; 10-04-2013 at 04:04 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I agree, Hunted was better than I expected. It's not, uh, a particularly good game, but not many games do the fantasy action thing. And War in the North is putrid, unfortunately.

Precursors patch: Fan made. Here's the link. http://www.patches-scrolls.com/precursors.php#tp17

Here's how you get Precursors running:

Download the Fan Improvement pack through the Beamdog client (should include the game files, make sure it's around 8gigs)

Download patch 1.7 (above), and install it.

Done!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    @trjp: Try playing an asura guardian. Serious suggestion.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Giaddon View Post

Precursors patch: Fan made. Here's the link. http://www.patches-scrolls.com/precursors.php#tp17

Here's how you get Precursors running:
    Thanks, I guess that's what I'm playing when I'm done with Hunted.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    Let me put it this way: it's infinitely better than LOTR: War in the North, but it's not as good as The First Templar. I know Brian Fargo isn't pleased with it but I'm charmed by its fantasy B-movie style and the gameplay is enjoyable enough. A good bargain bin purchase. If I'm not mistaken our good friend Althea also liked it..
    Did Fargo ever do any sort of post mortum on Hunted? His pre-release interviews were more entertaining than the game.

Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post

Now I'm confused.
    It does that to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Because he shoots you in the back mainly.
    Ahh... Brings back memories of Ian using a burst weapon in Fallout.

I made a half-assed arena somewhere in Dwarf Fortress. I had the dwarves to drag Troglodytes and other unsellable oddities by the hair to stuff them in a single cage before releasing them, running wild. Sent in the guards instead of my main melee squad and they got shredded in seconds, so I had to send in the big guys to diffuse the situation. Oops.
    Art blog here.

Stuffed with pokemon doodles. And arse. Enter at your own risk.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sakkura's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    My understanding is that there are some low-population servers that are bad.

But I am on one of the medium pop servers that ANet was allowing for free transfers to (Ferguson's Crossing) and I am regularly sent to an overflow at Lion's Arch and I can always find people wandering around in just about all the zones (the 50-70 areas are a bit anemic, mostly because everyone in those ranges are just powering through to either get to Orr or are doing dungeons instead of exploring).
    Apologies, I assumed you were on the same server as the RPS guild (Gunnar's Hold). I don't think it's one of the most populated servers, but it's still reasonably lively. Running into other people when you're out doing quests (hearts) isn't rare, particularly in the low-level zones (which is the opposite of many MMOs when you're past the launch frenzy).

As for overflow servers, I haven't been struck by that unfortunate phenomenon (yet). It really seems like a wrongheaded idea for an MMO, just like culling (when that was finally explained to me I was like WTF).

The only time I see ANYONE in-game is when there's an "end of story" local group event - the people appear, the skies rain fire, stuff dies and before you've checked what's going on, you're Han Solo again!

I think the 'automatic grouping and sharing' stuff is great in some ways - but it also means people have NO reason to talk or spend time together away from those moments.

They've also put a lot of stuff in which requires a group (their equivalent of 'elite' monsters etc.) and it's not always obvious which bits that is until you get the shit kicked out of you :)

Oh and one other gripe - the sheer amount of JUNK you get to pick-up and have to work-out what to do with is tiresome. Every monster drops some sort of crafting crap - your bags fill-up in no time - there's no easy way to know what's worth having and I'm tried of finding places to dump it. They even added 'encumberment' when you have a quest reward and no space - you walk SLOWLY until you either destroy something or find a vendor - what the fuck is the point of that?

WoW was like this early-on - it loved weighing you down with crap but it learned it's lesson, why GW2 wants me to carry crafting crap, logs, audio logs, a tonne of weapons etc. I've no idea at all (it could, at least, put the quest-related stuff into a 'free' bag of some sort).

For everything this game has in 'polish' it has to decidedly dodgy aspects too - I'm really disappointed with it overall, I could go back to WoW in a heartbeat - I might even just do that.
    Automatic grouping is convenience, but in some ways it feels more necessary for dungeons (along with queueing). Guess they'll get around to it when they get around to it.

As for stuff requiring a group, I find that a lot can just be achieved with judicious use of kiting. Never got to do any kiting on my WoW warrior, but I sure as shit do on my GW2 warrior.

As for all the crafting "crap", you can deposit that straight to your bank from anywhere, as long as you don't have a massive amount of whatever it is. That helps A LOT with the clutter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    SPOILERS for Baldur's Gate 2

Doing personal quest for Keldorn. The lawful good Paladin. Paragon of virtue, Justice embodied. Actually he is not better than punks which litter streets. Holy shit, I haven't been pissed at a npc in a game in a long time. That bastard is never home, his kid doesnt like him, his wife is broken from years of neglect. Of course she found another man. Apparently a fine, good man. What our Paladin does? Abuse his power and thrusts his wife into prison for life and hangs the lover from a rope. Two innocent lives destroyed, a child will grow up without father and mother. Just out of spite.
    Now this kind of behaviour irritates me greatly. I invested too much into him so for now he stays in my group. He is my main tank (took over that role from Minsc) and heaviest melee fighter. Can not survive without his sword and his paladin powers.
    Yet at the end of the game I am gonna leave him somewhere in different plane. with crappy dagger and no armour. So he can suffer for he is one of the most evil characters in the game. A dragon who burns town is much better than him as the dragon knows that he is evil. Keldorn dares to believe he is good.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    He takes the "lawful" part of his alignment seriously. One of the better characters in the game, I think.

NHL
    Destroying every team in my path. The Stanley Cup will be within my grasp soon. It's inevitable.

The main conflict of every paladin is the question of whether to be lawful or to be good because you often cannot have both. I believe Keldorn's personal quest does that rather well.
    to wound the autumnal city.