Page 706 of 1207 FirstFirst ... 2066066566967047057067077087167568061206 ... LastLast
Results 14,101 to 14,120 of 24124
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakkura View Post
    As for overflow servers, I haven't been struck by that unfortunate phenomenon (yet). It really seems like a wrongheaded idea for an MMO, just like culling (when that was finally explained to me I was like WTF).
    Was culling the weird thing where other players were invisible in WvW? If so, that was indeed stupid.

But the overflows make sense. At least, now that we are post-launch and the grouping works. If you want to play with friends, you group up and the game is pretty good about making sure you are all in the same overflow server. If you don't care about friends, just play normally.

And considering the alternative (EVERYONE in the same instance of a Holiday Jumping Puzzle), I'll take an overflow any day of the week.

Automatic grouping is convenience, but in some ways it feels more necessary for dungeons (along with queueing). Guess they'll get around to it when they get around to it.
    Saw a reddit yesterday that the devs have promised to have a built-in LFG system (rather than relying on the external website) in a few months, so that should solve things.

As for all the crafting "crap", you can deposit that straight to your bank from anywhere, as long as you don't have a massive amount of whatever it is. That helps A LOT with the clutter.
    And if you DO have the massive amount, sell it on the market. You can get good money since a lot of people use crafting to level up so you can always find a good stream of people willing to buy iron at obscene rates.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

After finishing Binfinite I decided to finally start with Dishonored this week, and it's interesting how similar both are in some aspects, though not necessarily in a bad way.
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by JimDigritz View Post
    No. At the end you find out that Soylent Green is people.
    ... and Sean Bean dies.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Games like gw2 could get around the crap collection by allowing you to break things down to raw materials of various rarity and build things from raw materials, you still gave the fun of needing to get some "astral pearls" but non of the "argh no storage".
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

*sniff* my trained giant mole just died. I hoped somebody would take it as a pet but it seems dwarves aren't mole fans ;n;
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Thought about taking a break from my Borderlands 2 and Amalur adventures, so I bought my self I am alive for some 5000 blue coins. Installed it and won't even start (application error or something like that), so with the hopes of getting a refund I started a second play-through of Dishonored. But this time I'm playing it wrong and killing my way towards the target.

I have to say it's much more fun this way, but also less satisfying than peacefully choking people.
    Can't wait to use all those powers and gadgets I neglected in my first play-through.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Games like gw2 could get around the crap collection by allowing you to break things down to raw materials of various rarity and build things from raw materials, you still gave the fun of needing to get some "astral pearls" but non of the "argh no storage".

Huh? Isn't that exactly what it does? You can store 100 (I think) of each crafting item and if you even craft on occasion (one tier every 10-20 levels) you'll easily use up enough to always have storage.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

I'm still with my classic ironman xcom playthrough with some second wave options. They certainly make the game interesting.
    For reference I'm playing with:
    Damage Roulette
    Not Created Equally
    Hidden Potential
    Red Fog

Not created equally and hidden potential tend to make my soldiers more awesome than they should. This is somewhat compensated by red fog which makes the soldiers stats decrease with combat damage during the mission.
    Damage roulette makes things more random, forcing you to adapt more and more to the situation.

It's fun but I think it's a bit easier than the other classic games I played. Maybe that's because I got better at the game too.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Yet to play GW2,GW1 was a mess for crafting though.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sakkura's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Was culling the weird thing where other players were invisible in WvW? If so, that was indeed stupid.

But the overflows make sense. At least, now that we are post-launch and the grouping works. If you want to play with friends, you group up and the game is pretty good about making sure you are all in the same overflow server. If you don't care about friends, just play normally.

And considering the alternative (EVERYONE in the same instance of a Holiday Jumping Puzzle), I'll take an overflow any day of the week.
    Re. culling, yes and yes.

Overflow servers sorta ruin the first M in MMO. But in practice it's acceptable, and the alternative probably isn't. I still prefer the way EVE online handles Jita 4-4 though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    I'm still with my classic ironman xcom playthrough with some second wave options. They certainly make the game interesting.
    For reference I'm playing with:
    Damage Roulette
    Not Created Equally
    Hidden Potential
    Red Fog

Not created equally and hidden potential tend to make my soldiers more awesome than they should. This is somewhat compensated by red fog which makes the soldiers stats decrease with combat damage during the mission.
    Damage roulette makes things more random, forcing you to adapt more and more to the situation.

It's fun but I think it's a bit easier than the other classic games I played. Maybe that's because I got better at the game too.
    I really like the idea of Damage Roulette, if it applied to the aliens. But apparently it doesn't. Liked the others though, I finished a Classic Ironman game with Not Created Equal, Hidden Potential, and the Randomize abduction rewards / country funding ones. Really improved the game in my opinion.

I was afraid of messing with the funding ones. Money is already tight as it is. Might try on another playtrough.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Malawi Frontier Guard View Post
    @trjp: Try playing an asura guardian. Serious suggestion.
    That's a weird choice which is almost tempting in it's own right - but is there an actual reason above and beyond a different starting area?

I have an Asura Engineer but it was twee-beyond-speech :)

More and more Dota 2.
    1) Matchmaking seems a bit wonky, way too often it takes forever to find match only to get to the infamous 9/10 ready -> back to queue situation.
    2) EU West with English language seems to be full of Russians, speaking Russian. Bloody...
    3) Even though it's better than during the WC 3 times, way too many people leave after dying once or twice in the first 10 mins.

[E]

Even when getting to the match, it's not unusual that one or two players don't manage to connect and load the game and you are send right back to the queue. Gggggreat.
    Last edited by Kaira-; 10-04-2013 at 11:39 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaira- View Post
    2) EU West with English language seems to be full of Russians, speaking Russian. Bloody...
    I suggest, unless your connection doesn't allow much room for greater ping, to queue for US East English. Barely any Russians in sight, though you may run into the Spanish and Portuguese speaking South Americans which can also be a bit of a let's-use-the-ingame-voicechat-even-though-we're-friends-so-everyone-can-hear-but-not-understand-us pain in the ass.
    Overall however, better experience than EU West.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    I recommend sampling Youtube's wonders while waiting for DotA's queue times. Having a second monitor helps.

As for the Russians... Just be glad it's not 4-man Brazilian hit-squads with contracts on your free time.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    I recommend sampling Youtube's wonders while waiting for DotA's queue times. Having a second monitor helps.

As for the Russians... Just be glad it's not 4-man Brazilian hit-squads with contracts on your free time.
    A Canadian friend who plays Dota2 told me recently about the terrible reputation Brazilians have there. Which amused me, and did not surprise me at all.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    It's not nearly as bad most of the time for those of us on this side of the Atlantic when we queue there, I suppose because of the time difference. You can still (and will) be queued with horrible Brazilians, but as I said, it's far less horrible than the Russian invasion of the EUW English queue.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldrath View Post
    A Canadian friend who plays Dota2 told me recently about the terrible reputation Brazilians have there. Which amused me, and did not surprise me at all.
    It's actually a meme unto itself amongst LoL players.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yanbi07 View Post
    NHL
    Destroying every team in my path. The Stanley Cup will be within my grasp soon. It's inevitable.
    82 games or just 48?
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR