Page 711 of 1184 FirstFirst ... 211611661701709710711712713721761811 ... LastLast
Results 14,201 to 14,220 of 23675
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    O&S ate my hamster
    Not sure if you have played through before, but if it helps nothing else in the game is quite as much of a cockblock of a boss compared to those guys. The Four Kings maybe, but that depends on if you can figure out the easy way to get through them.

Banned
    Just finished off Tomb Raider. 9.6/10 on the Kad scale of excellence. I'm really struggling to think of anything the game does wrong to be honest. It looks utterly fantastic (even on my modest 460 gtx), The game play is extremely polished (as are the animations). There's a variety of things to do. The exploration never gets boring and always seems worthwhile (even when you're hunting down doo hickeys) and the story (albeit predictable in places) is overall pretty good given the genre. If you're looking for something to tide you over during this slack period I'd say it's worth a punt. If not full price, then 75 - 50% off. Highly recommended.

I've finally had the time to play Skyrim, and actually finished the main quest a couple of weeks ago. It was kind of short but I enjoyed it nevertheless, and I was especially impressed by some of the shouts I got - they weren't lame, boring, or usual! The game has its flaws yet but it's still pretty good and there's a lot to do so I still play it occassionally. In fact, I plan on starting new characters once I "finish" this character. I'm playing as a warrior-type right now but plan on creating a mage later and an assassin of some sort after that. If I ever find the time for that, that is...

Also, I've been starting Children of The Nile. I really liked the old Impressions Games city builders and heard a couple of years ago from my friend that this would be more of the same yet improved and I've been waiting for the chance to play this ever since. Well, I believe it was last fall when I caught it on sale somewhere and now I finally have the time to try it. So far I've only played the tutorial but the game seemed fun and I look forward to actually playing it more freely now. Got to say I hate the graphics, though... They're just ugly. Too dark maybe?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Crap writers?
    If you mean Irrational's, I think they did a sterling job given what they had.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oak View Post
    Hmm. I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but I felt like they succeeded in making navies realistically crucial in Empire, where growth depended on having a strong navy to protect both ports and thousands of miles of trade lanes.
    When I played it I had little trouble fueling Poland-Lithuania's growth on the back of Winged Hussars. No navy required, other than a small squadron to ferry troops into London.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    If you mean Irrational's, I think they did a sterling job given what they had.
    A crap "what they had" then.

But much of the games backdrop yes, but not Ryan or Atlas. They were dull and stupid, and the stars of the story.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Been spending most of the day revelling in Sunderland's' Foot-to-Ball glory but have had the time to try some undemanding stuff while I take a break from my NV alternative existence/playthrough.

Castle Crashers is fun and adorable but I don't think Single Player is it's intended format. Just a massive grind basically. Lovely though. When it's throwing different challenges and attack patterns it's a lot of fun too, but later on it abandons that for "now Kill a million dudes". Fun few hours, nothing more nor less.

The Darkness II is a gratuitous comic fiction romp with excellent production values. Shooting is bangy and responsive and boisterous, and your other powers are hideous, visceral and immensely satisfying. "I am become death, destroyer of worlds"-The Game.

Also ducked into Batman: Atrocious Aphids, didn't do much but was in a "sit on couch and play pc with pad" mood so just dicked around a bit. It's production values are still astonishing. So much detail, so much going on, so high fidelity, so smooth, it s a joy to just watch in motion.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    A crap "what they had" then.
    Considering the "philosophy" that he's based on, of course.

I can't get shit going for PVP in Dark Souls. I tried the Blue Eye Orb, the Cracked Red Orb, and my Darkmoon Covenant ring in Anor Londo and Darkroot Forest and I couldn't find anyone. I think I'm ~SL 58.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Try going to Oolacile Township for PVP. At your SL the bonfire will probably be there. Hell, at NG+ Level 13+ it's still quite busy.
    steam: sketch

Activated Node
    played through half of alan wake and I was literally bored to tear, i quit after the Nth time i have to find a way out of a building with furniture flying at me and i can't really doge cause of the shitty mechanic. The design are super linear, the gameplay are repetitive, and despite the game trying very hard to be like a movie it's just not. The story which is supposed to be a strong point for this game didn't grab me at all and the ending I read on wikipedia was exactly how I thought it would turn out. Very disappointed consider I'm a big fan of max payne.
    Last edited by dhlt25; 15-04-2013 at 09:13 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Mr Scratch of American Nightmare proved that they can make a great sequel story now they know what game they are making.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Banned
    Will be playing NS2 tonight after i get home from work (oh and dinner).

Welp! There goes another one. Looks like I driven out the Khans rather than having them swearing allegiance to Indie Vegas. I've just realized that the option of getting them to fight with me for Hoover Dam was unavailable. Great. Now, I bet the Boomers wouldn't take side too after this shit.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    Welp! There goes another one. Looks like I driven out the Khans rather than having them swearing allegiance to Indie Vegas. I've just realized that the option of getting them to fight with me for Hoover Dam was unavailable. Great. Now, I bet the Boomers wouldn't take side too after this shit.
    I bought the strategy guide to help with stuff like this. I don’t read what happens in the quest, just the quest chain in terms of “If help-x, if not-Y” to help me piece together my outcomes. There are so many options available I don’t want to have to just operate on face value every time, it’s the kind of game you want to tailor your own story to sometimes.

Boomers should side with you if you do every single fucking thing they ever wanted doing, your rep with them shouldn’t be an issue as they don’t know or care about outsiders, it’s just their own rep that matters. If you have decent charisma and stuff you can do it a lot quicker by talking to the mini Boomers. And even if not the dialogue for the failed checks is superb. There was meant to be a perk in the game called Child at Heart which allowed you to have a lot more dialogues with kiddies, I've got it modded in and it's a lot of fun in this area.

I hate Volare! even though the Boomers are a great faction. Their jackets and hats are delicious however and next time round I will kill them all so that I can have twenty of them.
    Last edited by sonson; 15-04-2013 at 11:04 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    I think in order to get them to fight for the NCR (they'll never fight directly for you), you have to talk to Papa's second in command and exhaust all the dialogue options. From there the game tells you to go back to Moore at Hoverdam and discuss the possibility of an alliance, but it gets a little confusing as I don't think the option is available if you didn't discuss that possibility when you took the job from Moore first? If indeed you took it from Moore at all! From there you break in through the loghouse back door (75 lockpick or pickpocket the key), plant a bomb in Papa's bed, and send that asshat to the moon. There's rumours Papa leaves during the afternoon to go to the outhouse out back, but I've never seen him do that. Shame, I've always wanted to blow someone up on the toilet.

Err where was I? Well from there I guess you can talk to the second in command again or something, and convince him to go NCR? Or you could keep Papa around and convince him to mount a suicide attack on The Legion. The triggers in this quest are a bit of a mess.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    Sunderland's' Foot-to-Ball glory
    And there I was thinking you were a sensible person...
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

You need to tell the Khans that there is nothing left for them with a speech skill somewhere above 70 to get them to fight for the NCR.

You can also Assasinate Papa Kahn and then talk to Regis, and the Khan's will join. So many choices.
    Last edited by sonson; 16-04-2013 at 01:43 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I picked-up Dishonored at the w/e and I've been playing it a bit - it's what I expected, has a bit of a Bioshock feel about it, hasn't got the best stealth ever but the city is lovely...

The levels have a plethora of ways of completing them tho - and there's so many sidequests and other things to root out that I get the impression the completists would be in here forever.

I've decided, for now, just to stick to the core story and see where that takes me. There are always repeat runs for all the other stuff.

One of the things which matters to me, in a game like this, is how well you can get through it WITHOUT having searched the whole place first - without knowing where the keys are, how many guards there are and what will spook them.

Once you've sussed that, it's arguably a puzzle game and not an action game - it's "how do I get through there silently" time - when Dishonored is clearly happy for you to get through 'however you like' - I mean you can practically run at all the badguys and kill them with your stock knife attack!?!?

The Super Sledge is fucking awesome with a 90 Melee skill. 'Nuff said
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles