Page 717 of 1155 FirstFirst ... 217617667707715716717718719727767817 ... LastLast
Results 14,321 to 14,340 of 23082
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    It's been a week and a half since I've been at my PC, with the only games I've played in the mean time being Sonic CD and Tilt to Live on my iPod and then Pokémon White 2 on my DS. So, I thought I'd fire up Brutal Legend and just get on with it.

Oh.

Oh.

Oh.

:(

I don't know if I'll be able to finish the game.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Company of Heroes 2 Beta can be summed up thusly:

EEEeeeeeowBUFF
    EEEeeeeeowBUFF
    EEEeeeeeowBUFF
    NDA BREECH DETECTED SEND KILLBOTS!

Yes, in the beta thingum myself so i can honestly say company of heroes 2 is [censored] compared to the original and [censored] also [censored].
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Also: Finished Ending B of Nier, debating if I want to start Playthrough C just yet (should be fast as I have finished almost every quest and just have to buy weapons, but I really don't feel like going back to the Lost Shrine for a few days).
    I've heard some of the weapons have fairly ridiculous requirements to get, so if you really want that final ending then be prepared to fish your heart out amongst other silly things. Nier is a really good game, just a shame they fell back to grindy JRPG gameplay a bit too much.

Never play Drakengard though.

Never.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Also: Finished Ending B of Nier, debating if I want to start Playthrough C just yet (should be fast as I have finished almost every quest and just have to buy weapons, but I really don't feel like going back to the Lost Shrine for a few days).
    It's one of those rare games that manage to make you feel like you're a worthless piece of shit. But you have to do it anyway. It's not like you have a choice, you have a daughter to save.

Ending C is well... it's ok. It works.

Ending D, the shit hits the fan again.

I play killzone 3.

Network Hub
    Just started playing A Slower Speed of Light.
    I am loving this.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    I might have a go soon since it keeps getting mentioned with surprisingly positivity around here.
    Do it, man. The Kung-Fu alone in this game makes it worth 20+ hours
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    I finally wore myself out on Dark Souls. Craving another RPG, my Wheel-o-Backlog landed on Gothic. It took me a bit to get used to the hilariously janky interface, but I managed to make my way to the first town before the game crashed. My character's tendency to go limp when submerged in more than an inch of water is deeply troubling, and more than likely to get me killed. The game's kind of charming, in an "I'd never recommend this to anyone but I'm enjoying myself" sort of way.

Edit: Man, I could've put up with the jankiness, but the constant crashing is seriously annoying. On to Gothic 2, I guess.
    Last edited by sabrage; 21-04-2013 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Company of Heroes 2 Beta can be summed up thusly:

EEEeeeeeowBUFF
    EEEeeeeeowBUFF
    EEEeeeeeowBUFF
    Heh, accurate.

I'm playing Baldur's Gate I & II with the BG Trilogy mod these days.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Choca View Post

awesome. I approve. Who is your character and at what point of the game are you?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Played some Conquest of Elysium 3 in the shadow of the RPS multiplayer game of Dominions 3 i'm playing, it's bad news. For all of its quirk it's not very fun to play, you are hinged on behind the expansion of your creatures and the dumbassery of the ai.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Choca View Post
    That reminds me ... I put off my initial playthrough for years now, but I think I may actually do it this time (as soon as I'm done with PS:T but before I get into something like Arcanum). I know of EasyTutu and BGT and while the prospect of playing it in one continuous, more consistent arc is really tempting, it somewhat contradicts my usual approach of "going as vanilla as possible". And I'm also a bit skeptical about converting a game into another engine altogether, because it could deviate from the "original feel" too much.

So what I have in mind is a more minimal modding approach: Custom, LCD-friendly resolutions, possibly UI/text font modifications to compensate higher resolutions and maybe some crucial bug fixes. I know that bigg's widescreen mod covers most IE games, but what about UI mods and fixpacks?

Or is playing BG1 in BG2's engine that much of an improvement that I should just go for it? Opinions of all sort are very welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    snip
    i... would not recommend bg1 without bg2 engine. They learned from their mistakes and there are a bunch of small improvements to gameplay because of throne of bhaal (aka final version of the engine)

You are already changing resolution which changes the gameplay so why not change it a bit more with tutu or trilogy? BG2 engine will not change the game in any meaningful way:

from top of my head:

everyone moves a bit faster (and you do walk a lot in bg1. way more than in BG2 for example) yet it makes bows less of overkill as melee characters can catch up to your party faster.
    Tab highlights stuff which are pickable, searchable or openable (like doors)
    One important change is that +n to AC items are no useable together. For example if you have cloak of +1 to AC and ring +1 to AC you could wear them in bg1 and i think bg2 at the same time. Not in throne of bhaal. That change means that in bg1 you cannot make your tank with extremely low AC by stacking rings, cloak, shoes, medallion, helmet, braces, armour of +n to AC if you have bgtutu or bgt installed
    there are magic scrolls from bg2 in bg1 in bgtutu and bgt. that might be a deal breaker.

other change is that importing your party to bg2 in BGT will literally import those characters. in vanilla only your char is imported. Therefore if you gave +1 to intelligence book to minsc (permanent) he will have that int in bg2 with bgt installed. not sure about bgtutu (I don't think so tough) and for certain not in vanilla bg2

I do recommend using either mod tough. it does not make bg1 vanilia but neither does widescreen mod

also this thread might interest you:
    http://www.gog.com/forum/baldurs_gat...ut_tutu_or_bgt
    Last edited by Lukasz; 21-04-2013 at 01:44 PM.

Network Hub
    The lack of quest journal organisation in BG1 made the side quests near impossible if I didn't make my own notes. Wait, where was that guy I was meant to find and who am I handing his sword in to? Best look back through the last 10 hours of journal entries to find out, or google a guide and try not to read any spoilers for the rest of the quest.

There are some mechanical differences, but unless you're a huge fan of D&D mechanics they're not too important. Some things are easier and some are harder but the game isn't unbalanced because of the changes.

oh yeah. that
    journal in bg1 vanillia is atrocious
    http://www.fourcolorcriticism.com/wp...ldurs-Gate.jpg
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j115/pkomenza/24.jpg

comparison.

bg1 does look better tough.

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    You are already changing resolution which changes the gameplay so why not change it a bit more with tutu or trilogy?
    How does it affect gameplay other than the fact that you can see more of the surrounding area?

Thanks for your feedback, both of you. I can't really say that it made my decision any easier, but it's valuable information nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    How does it affect gameplay other than the fact that you can see more of the surrounding area?
    big fights are much easier because you can see whole battlefield. at least for me.... you can see what every single one of your guys is doing, what state they are in, who is attacking who.

not saying it is a big change but a change nevertheless

Simcity 4 again and I'm doing good so far after rebuilding the damn cities twice. New Victoria, the industrial-only city that's going to provide jobs for it's neighbour has been showing signs of growth but it was going slow and having to deal with the fires that has been occuring frequently there had me building another fire station after two factories were razed down. So, right now, the city's losing some money at the moment albeit a small amount of it. I zoned a few sections of High-D industrials but virtually nothing's popping up. I figured it's time for my sims to get educated and built a high school in the other city after an elementary school was built. Speaking of, there's a bunch of unemployed sims all over the place. Maybe I have do something about the streets. The busses didn't help so I guess it's the streets. Or they need a subway
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Urgh, I tried to push on with Brutal Legend but I just caught myself saying "This is so boring!" while fighting in the Pleasure Dome. Can anyone tell me how much more of the game there is after this point? I just...I can't do this any more. It's bad. There's a reason RTS games give you an over-head perspective all of the time. There's a reason why you can select specific units and instead not have to press a button when 'you're near a squad' and hope it's the right one. There's a reason why it's always clear to see what you are doing.

And that's just the parts that are mechanically wrong in the RTS section. The action parts are poor too, but I think I've mentioned those before. Oh god this game. It's like what would've happened to Alpha Protocol if it didn't just pass the cusp of being playable.

ARGH.