Page 723 of 1050 FirstFirst ... 223623673713721722723724725733773823 ... LastLast
Results 14,441 to 14,460 of 20998
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Choca View Post
    It's chocolate, you only stop eating it when it runs out.
    Stop eating?
    Run out?

What are you all talking about? Do you mean "Pass out"?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Stop eating?
    Run out?

What are you all talking about? Do you mean "Pass out"?
    So how's your friend Diabetes?

been brushing up with fallout 3 new vegas. playing on the evil side of the game this time. a human genocide seems like a good idea :3

Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    So how's your friend Diabetes?
    yeah! diabeetus rulez! :P

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I don't understand the question.
    Hahaha, best.
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kannaaashi View Post
    been brushing up with fallout 3 new vegas. playing on the evil side of the game this time. a human genocide seems like a good idea :3

yeah! diabeetus rulez! :P
    I fully intend to play the “evil” side when I can work out how to make it fun. There just seems to be less dialogue, content and just New Vegas in general when playing as the Legion though. Might be a good run to do the DLC or Bounties Mod with I guess.

Battlefield : Bad Company 2. Heard about it only recently, bought it off ebay for about 3 quid, downloaded a huge 2.4GB patch for it and finally got to play. Exploding my way through the SP campaign right now... WHY ARE BUILDINGS IN EVERY GAME NOT DESTRUCTIBLE!

New Victoria is kaput. Fuck it. I'm off mayoring to Awesomeville. Now, Awesomeville is kinda sustaining themselves rather than rely on NV's power supply at all times. Good, but as the city grows, business shrinks and I'm getting a bunch of vacant/dirty buildings in the outskirts, particularly in the comercial zones which are high density. I tried lowering taxes but demand for commercial is still below zero and I can do nothing about it. I've also zoned some industrial zones for high tech as demand for it soar sky high. It's been pretty slow so far. Probably because pf my sims in the city are particularly poor. Gotta find a way to make 'em rich, fast
    Last edited by Voon; 25-04-2013 at 10:23 AM.
    Art blog here.

Stuffed with pokemon doodles. And arse. Enter at your own risk.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by roryok View Post
    WHY ARE BUILDINGS IN EVERY GAME NOT DESTRUCTIBLE!
    Double true, its such a game changer. I do wish the grinding was a thing of the past though.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

i tried to go back to new vegas, but it's so damn ugly. i need to mod this game a bit first.

Plus I must finish Dark souls so I can scratch it from my list...

Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    I give unto you the maddest of props. You're a god damned super hero.
    *Mostly* harmless

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Crysis (1) completed.

Was more fun than I thought it would be, it does go down a bit after you meet the aliens but nowhere near as much as I'd heard from some places. Actually looking forward to firing up warhead sometime now.

Next up away from the PC, Injustice.
    A PC version would have suited me better but it decided not to exist.

Finished Driftmoon a couple of days ago (took me about 10 hours) and I think it's an adorable little game with good story (although not the most original, with quite a few pop culture references), nice looks and some great ideas.
    I think I can describe as an adventure with RPG elements or as a small RPG with adventure elements. You got your leveling up, abilities and some decision making (I wonder how the story plays if you choose the "evil" options...) mixed with item usage, lever pulling in the right order and even a sliding tiles puzzle.

So now I went back to Kingdoms of Amalur and this time I'm politely ignoring all those annoying people with exclamation marks above their heads.
    I already reached the second continent and finally the story gets more interesting and I feel more involved in what happens in the world. It makes the side quests ignoring feels like I'm finally playing kingdoms of Amalur the right way....

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Avish View Post
    So now I went back to Kingdoms of Amalur and this time I'm politely ignoring all those annoying people with exclamation marks above their heads.
    I already reached the second continent and finally the story gets more interesting and I feel more involved in what happens in the world. It makes the side quests ignoring feels like I'm finally playing kingdoms of Amalur the right way....
    Clearly checking things off your to-do list is the best way to play games.

I'm playing Monaco, reveling in its cheerful singleplayer, but have no-one to play with. mumble server?
    Also I'm still trying to figure out Starseed Pilgrim. Adam's promise that I'll have figured out the basics within a half an hour turned out not to be true.

[Spoilers (I agree that it's a game to be discovered for yourself, but I suck at such things)]
    I have managed to notice that there are two planes: one where new seeds are scarce to the point of running out before I can reach another platform or decipher the text that is written above them. And another, where I have the possibility of extracting seeds from the blocks I plant, but the black stuff is progressing at a "neverending story"-sort-of-depressing speed. Which should I try to progress at first?
    [/Spoilers]

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Clearly checking things off your to-do list is the best way to play games.
    This is the post-WoW vision of good RPG design. At least I think WoW is to blame for the popularization of quest log as TODO list. Definitely for the exclamation marks.

Cara made a thing, which is good and didn't make me instantly quit in boredom like all other Twine games I've encountered:

http://www.unwinnable.com/2013/04/25...-cara-ellison/

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    The Demo of Euro Truck Simulator 2 is rather generous, I gotta say. Played for nearly 3 hours straight without encountering any limitations, pop-ups or in-game advertisements. Apparently, you can aggregate up to 3.000 km or visit up to 8 cities before the demo shuts down, which is more than enough to evaluate the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasarius View Post
    Cara made a thing, which is good and didn't make me instantly quit in boredom like all other Twine games I've encountered:

Cara's game is really interesting. Thank you for the link.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasarius View Post

I checked it out. Pretty amusing, especially when I realised she was writing out the lyrics to a Ladyhawke song.

Alright, so I started on Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Gosh. There's a lot to do it in, isn't there? Also, I think it may be clever, like, sentient-level intelligent. After the prologue, I wandered around the offices and went into the ladies' loo. Before leaving Pritchard later, he told me not to go into them. I don't know if he already said that or was simply aware. Spooky! Also, in taking some time with making conversation decisions, it briefly interrupted my selection to tell me to hurry up, as spoken by the other person at the time.

I've put it on the hardest difficulty, in way of trying to keep myself sufficiently challenged. Other than dying in a few shots, I can only surmise that detection distance is reduced, or that it's easier for enemies to pick up on odd things happening around them, like me headshotting them with a tranq dart from the otherside of the room and lining up all the shots with everyone who goes to check it out. That kinda thing.

So far so fun though. I'm not in love with the limited energy mechanic, although I understand why it's in there. Also, some of the saving/loading systems are a bit silly. It's not that they don't work, but that quick loading only loads your last quick save, as opposed to your last any save, but whatever. Completed the first main mission and now off to explore the world. Only taken 3 hours to get there...In my defence, I have been talking to almost everyone I can do and exploring a bit, not to mention a few resets that lost me a few minutes each.