Page 727 of 1167 FirstFirst ... 227627677717725726727728729737777827 ... LastLast
Results 14,521 to 14,540 of 23338
    Activated Node
    Just played through Papers Please. You are an immigration inspector in the communist state of Arstotzka. Your job includes staring at peoples papers and seeing if they are who they say they are. Who will be allowed to enter our wonderful country and who will be turned back or arrested? Only you can decide.

Glory to Arstotzka!

PS: Game is currently on beta(free) and can be downloaded from here. TBs WTF is... can be found here. And Steam greenlight can be found here.

Quote Originally Posted by c-Row View Post
    Finished Dishonoured yesterday, did a sneak "run" and beat all maps on low chaos.

It's pretty similar to Deus Ex: Human Revolution in my opinion, though the non-lethal routes feel more natural (unlike DX's forced-in vent shafts in some places) and it's a lot more fun to think of ways to beat the map with the powers you unlock during the game - freezing time and running across a heavily patrolled street to teleport onto the ledge of a building on the opposite side and vanishing through an open window without alerting anyone feels definitely cooler than simply cover-spamming from crate to crate. Not having any real boss fights is another advantage of course - even the final confrontation can be resolved with a single sleep dart.

However, that also meant that the great climax after (non-)fighting my way to the elevator was a bit of a let-down. Bad guy talks to his glass of wine, then gets hit by a dart and falls flat on his face. Game over. As much as DX's boss fights don't fit the rest of the game, they add a sense of accomplishment the last map of Dishonoured is somewhat missing.

I'll definitely pick up the Knife Of Dunwall DLC and probably do a lethal playthrough as well at some point.
    The last level was, I suspect, much more fun and challenging if you opt for a high chaos playthrough. Sam gets pissy if you do but if you don't mind, just get on with it.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    After the events of HoMM VI, I feel like my connection to games has been severed. It is as if everything suddenly went silent. I shall go into exile for a while, leave RPS space. I need to do this, or I will die inside. Like I died at HoMM VI.
    We will pray for your strategy gaming soul, that you may you one day desire cloth maps,know terrain and travel in hex grids.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    We will pray for your strategy gaming soul, that you may you one day desire cloth maps,know terrain and travel in hex grids.
    It is time to look inwards and ask the big question. Who am I? What do I want? What's the Undreaming? Is the paleo diet healthy?
    to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    Is the paleo diet healthy?
    It has to be. Cavemen did it.
    Wait, now I have second thoughts.

BUT, if you're making Malachor V references, I think you're safe. ^__^ It is a paradox.
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppis View Post
    Just played through Papers Please. You are an immigration inspector in the communist state of Arstotzka. Your job includes staring at peoples papers and seeing if they are who they say they are. Who will be allowed to enter our wonderful country and who will be turned back or arrested? Only you can decide.

Glory to Arstotzka!

PS: Game is currently on beta(free) and can be downloaded from here. TBs WTF is... can be found here. And Steam greenlight can be found here.
    Tried the beta after watching TB's WTF is. Gotta say we need more of these kind of games in this era of manfaceshoots and mobabobas. Will definitely be watching for eventual release avidly.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppis View Post
    Just played through Papers Please..
    Just gave it a whirl myself. Got through to the final day with only my son dead due to his father's incompetence. The rest of the family was sick and hungry except for the bloody mother in law who was thriving - the cheeky old cow. Three terrorists got past and made a mess of things.. perhaps the authorities thought me living in a class 8 dwelling with the mother in law was punishment enough.

If nothing else it has the greatest intro animation I've ever seen in an indie game.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged Nazgul View Post
    mobabobas
    Best word ever.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    I'm going to try Neverwinter for a bit when the open beta starts in an hour and a half. I don't know anything about the game at all. Even the time of launch for non-founders was news to me when I opened the game just now.

No prejudice, no expectations. Well, hopefully.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    I've just finished Portal 2. I admit I warmed up to it. Even tough the complaint still stands that puzzles were too simple, too straightforward, the game managed to charm me with quirky dialog, some new interesting mechanics as well as a bit backstory on AS.

The very last part of the boss fight.... I admit I had a stupid grin on my face. Hilarious and over the top.

Went to skirmish mode on Dark Crusade to practice on the Orkz on Hard. Found out that the Imperial Guard AI are complete utter morons and the only way to drive them bloody orkz back is to, well, use the usual commisar tactic but with more Basillisks.
    Art blog here.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Game Dev Tycoon. Gamers loved my mature prison simulation 'Shank', so I quickly started work on Shank 2 and created a ton of heat over via advertisements and conventions. It turned out to be crap, but I made a lot of money.

AM I REEL DEVLOPER NAO?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    Went to skirmish mode on Dark Crusade to practice on the Orkz on Hard. Found out that the Imperial Guard AI are complete utter morons and the only way to drive them bloody orkz back is to, well, use the usual commisar tactic but with more Basillisks.
    Are you storming the Ork base? That level is a total fucker.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    Game Dev Tycoon. Gamers loved my mature prison simulation 'Shank', so I quickly started work on Shank 2 and created a ton of heat over via advertisements and conventions. It turned out to be crap, but I made a lot of money.

AM I REEL DEVLOPER NAO?
    Will eagerly await your ninja stealth game.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    You're you storming the Ork base? That level is a total fucker.
    Going to... I guess. I took down Chaos and Necrons and the closest faction I could take down right now is the Orkz. The last two took me so much time, it's not fucking funny. Impy Goos got a chance to take them on so long as I got the necessary vehicles and manpower, I figured. If it's that hard, I can't imagine how long that'll take me considering they don't cheese me first.
    Art blog here.

Have fun with that. I don't even know how you're going to do it as Imperial.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Will eagerly await your ninja stealth game.
    Oh, that's a real game? I might as well just change my company name to Zynga and be done with it.

As of five minutes ago my best game had made about 3 million. Then I released mature fantasy RPG 'War of the Beard' and made 22 million. Those virtual gamers love them some dwarves.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar

So yeah, eagerly awaiting Mark of the Ninja. NOW GIT TO IT.

Serious Sam: The First Encounter is a poorly-designed game. The narrow sections consist of 5 skeleton dudes waiting around every corner to insta-kill, while the wide-open areas consist of getting rammed in the back by disgusting amounts of enemies while trying to cut down the previously spawned ones. I quit when I was literally walking across the heads of the crowd, Dead Rising-style, with no hope of escape or respite.
    Last edited by sabrage; 30-04-2013 at 10:28 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Serious Sam: The First Encounter [...] no hope escape or respite.
    Play an easier difficulty?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/