Page 729 of 1234 FirstFirst ... 2296296797197277287297307317397798291229 ... LastLast
Results 14,561 to 14,580 of 24678
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    Finally finished Jade Empire.

It really sucked.
    Why finish a game you can condense down to that? If I'm not enjoying a game, I stop playing it.

There's no cosmic achievement/completion meter y'know ;)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    Why finish a game you can condense down to that? If I'm not enjoying a game, I stop playing it.

A lot of games start slow only to get better or are worth playing for the experience.

That being said: I did have the feeling of "Wow, Jade Empire sucks" and stopped playing. So I am awesome :p
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    I got that feeling sometime during the intro sequence. Maybe I'm being unfair.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    Back to DI Riptide, I guess. It's just as fun and filled with tension as the original.
    I do believe that's true. It's just that I didn't realize at first that it was a bad thing. I liked the first and haven't encountered any actual changes in Riptide, but I can't stand it. Either I somehow burned out on the concept during my months long hiatus, or I just didn't realize that I didn't like the first one. I'm confused.

Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    A lot of games start slow only to get better or are worth playing for the experience.

That being said: I did have the feeling of "Wow, Jade Empire sucks" and stopped playing. So I am awesome :p
    Same. Which sucks, since I really wanted to like it. The setting was unique enough to keep me playing for hours after I gave up on the game. Now I'm just angry at it for wasting so much of my time.

Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    I was going to say I remember wrong, but that boss is the final boss and enemy of the DLC, so, I'm not sure myself now! As for that boss, you can kill him quickly if you run up to him and actually plant the C4 on him as opposed to throwing it nearby. You'll need to run out quickly to avoid his massive area of effect attack though. Once you beat him though, that's the end of the DLC.
    Ahh, that did the trick. Thanks for the advice. Still pretty crazy that one bundle of C4 does about four times as much damage as a direct hit from a cannonball. Also, did you know you can charge the cannonball shots? I didn't until I used it against this boss. It was actually much easier to fight him up close because he stops shooting at you to charge the hammer attack.

Well, that's Serious Sam wrapped up. I wonder what I'll do next?

I had great fun playing jade empire, even though I never returned to it and never felt the need to.

Right now I am playing FEZ. finally.
    Phil Fish will never be in community management, but he did make a jolly good game! great music, great visuals, wonderfully designed world. It's like an indie Batman: Another Clone.
    Last edited by elephant god; 01-05-2013 at 11:17 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Some of the bigger enemies in SS3 you can run up to and place C4 on for quicker damage/instant kills. The smaller enemies the boss is based on are just one example. Yeah, cannon has always been chargeable. Does a bit more damage and gets more distance.

As for what next, I don't know, but I can guarantee you it'll almost certainly be calmer. Unless it's 16 player co-op.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post

Guess I had trouble believing a pre-Dragon Age II Bioware game was this bad!

Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    As for what next, I don't know, but I can guarantee you it'll almost certainly be calmer. Unless it's 16 player co-op.
    Well, it's not going to be EYE: Divine Cybermancy because I can't find my saved game and it has a weird bug going on where it reinitialises the game every five seconds. It's not going to be Hard Reset, because its anti-backtracking barriers piss me off when I'm trying to find all the secrets.

Maybe Quake 1.

I've just finished my XCOM ironman classic playthrough.
    Fun statics:
    One shot deaths: 9
    One shot kills: 212
    (snipers are awesome)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    It's not going to be Hard Reset, because its anti-backtracking barriers piss me off when I'm trying to find all the secrets.
    I played the demo for Hard Reset coming off the back of First Encounter and whilst I loved the environmental design and the gun-play, the movement was waaaaay off what I thought it should've been. You felt way too slow. Whilst I've had my eye on the purchase button when it's been on sale since then, I think I'm always happy that I don't buy it because I know that I'll most likely just be disappointed by it. It's not that I don't get that different games have different rules, but SS really seems to nail that chaotic fire-fight and movement is such a massive part of it.