Page 731 of 1054 FirstFirst ... 231631681721729730731732733741781831 ... LastLast
Results 14,601 to 14,620 of 21075
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldrath View Post
    Never really played D2 for long, but if you like it and are not playing Path of Exile, you're missing out. It's been eating up my gaming time almost completely for the past 2 months, it's a bit scary.
    Yeah but I just got this Battlechest a couple of weeks ago and it'll be a shame if I just leave it out to collect dust. Plus, I'm a bit low on cash so, it hurts to miss out on it *sob*
    Art blog here.

Stuffed with pokemon doodles. And arse. Enter at your own risk.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    I mustt be blind or something but how do you chaps manage to find that Tree of Inifus or whatever in Diablo 2? I tried going around that underground passage twice and I never found another way out of that cave.
    It's there. In underground passage level 1. The second level is just for loot.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I've spent a while playing Neverwinter yesterday/today but I'm come to the conclusion is a pile of shit and would warn you against it.

First-up it's not an MMO, it's an Action-RPG - 90% of the content is instanced and it's a "drink pots to win" game (see Diablo)

Second-up, money is tight and pots are expensive - and resurrections in dungeons cost REAL MONEY

I'd give it a massively wide birth if I were you - unless you like playing games designed more around no less than SIX currency systems...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Just started Blood Dragon, it is FUCKING A.

And I'm sorry but complaining about it's tutorial or it's "failure" to be anything other than dumb and senseless strikes me as remarkably conceited and pretentious. If you get annoyed at this game for said reasons, ala John, I suggest you take yourself far far too seriously. If you don't want to play a game which primarily centers around ridicule of everything it touches don't play a game which is manifestly and intentionally ridiculous. It's like being down on This is Spinal Tap because it isn't an objective documentary.
    Last edited by sonson; 02-05-2013 at 09:39 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AshEnke View Post
    I bought an Xbox 360 but I don't really know what games I missed while staying faithful to PC's.
    I already played through Deadly Premonition, Bayonetta, The Darkness, Crackdown, Red Dead, Enslaved, Dragon's Dogma, Vanquish....
    I think you bought a 360 for the wrong reasons. There's a lot of great arcadey and console throwback titles, between imports and XBLA. I keep mine around for Raiden Fighter Aces and Rez HD. Shadow Complex was as awesome as everyone says it is.

There's also a lot of original Xbox games worth checking out, and since nobody gives a fuck about that console most of them can be had for less than $5. I recommend Panzer Dragoon Orta, Jet Set Radio Future, Breakdown, Fatal Frame, and Ninja Gaiden Black if you haven't played one of its ports.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    I think you bought a 360 for the wrong reasons. There's a lot of great arcadey and console throwback titles, between imports and XBLA. I keep mine around for Raiden Fighter Aces and Rez HD. Shadow Complex was as awesome as everyone says it is.

There's also a lot of original Xbox games worth checking out, and since nobody gives a fuck about that console most of them can be had for less than $5. I recommend Panzer Dragoon Orta, Jet Set Radio Future, Breakdown, Fatal Frame, and Ninja Gaiden Black if you haven't played one of its ports.
    Thanks for the recommandation. I bought an Xbox to play games that didn't release on the PC. I try to stay clear of XBLA, despite the quality of the content, mostly because I kind of boycott the point system Microsoft uses and refuse to be a part of it (I know, it's a shame, but when I don't come to Fez, Fez comes to me !)

I already own a few other consoles (I own the first xbox so I already played through every interesting game it has to offer... but thanks for reminding me of them, I suddenly had the urge to play through Breakdown again), but the 360 is the first new-gen console I got, so I was more looking for ideas of Xbox exclusives or even Xbox/PS3 exclusives !

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Mars War Logs

Mother of god, that horrible introduction. What happened to show not tell?

Why did I even have to see that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Just finished with Poker Night 2 tonight. Admittedly I bought it for the Borderlands 2 items but I had some fun, until I discovered the AI's cheating... I say that because I cheated myself by alt-F4ing every time I lost a significant amount of money, and in doing so I saw one player get extremely good hands ten times in a row (on the same round, as quitting and relaunching just resets the round), in the end I just folded that round and then it was back to normal again. Seriously though, Sam got a pair of aces, a pair of kings, a pair of queens, an ace and king... Even when he got a five and ten and Brock and I went all in, no one hand anything good until the turn... Where Sam got another ten. You could say it's luck but it's suspiciously lucky and it happens a lot, I guess the player isn't supposed to notice because they're not supposed to cheat either. Also Brock scored a flush against me once that consisted of a jack, seven, eight, nine and a three. I mean, you know?

So I got what I came for and now I'm done. I didn't find the dialogue as grating as John did though, even after seven hours I was still hearing new things. Sure, a few phrases really got on my tits (like Claptrap's dubstep bit which wasn't even funny in Borderlands 2 and Brock's thing about reaping the wind or whatever) but every now and then something new would come up that would be genuinely amusing, if only slightly.

I'm going back to Hitman: Absolute Radio now though with some Escape Velocity: Nova for when it just gets too tedious. I think/hope I've nearly finished Hitman, then I'll move on to something else similarly mission-based. I want to start Mass Effect again (as I keep bouncing off about 10 hours in, come back months later, forget the controls and context of where I am and give up again) but I get the feeling I'll get sucked in to it. Or I'll bounce off. One or the other. I can't afford to get sucked in though because of actual life at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by AshEnke View Post
    Thanks for the recommandation. I bought an Xbox to play games that didn't release on the PC. I try to stay clear of XBLA, despite the quality of the content, mostly because I kind of boycott the point system Microsoft uses and refuse to be a part of it (I know, it's a shame, but when I don't come to Fez, Fez comes to me !)

I already own a few other consoles (I own the first xbox so I already played through every interesting game it has to offer... but thanks for reminding me of them, I suddenly had the urge to play through Breakdown again), but the 360 is the first new-gen console I got, so I was more looking for ideas of Xbox exclusives or even Xbox/PS3 exclusives !
    That's understandable regarding Microsoft Monopoly Money. You should pick up Qubed. There's a couple other XBLA compilations on disk, so you can get around the digital download system like that and probably get a better deal in the process.

You've pretty much got all the must-play titles covered. If you're not into Gears, Halo or Forza, the only other noteworthy exclusives are Viva Pinata (which is sort of Rare's response to Animal Crossing), Earth Defense Force 2017, and a bunch of shmups, which for whatever reason ended up on MS's system this cycle (as opposed to the PS2 last time 'round.) Akai Katana, Deathsmiles, Raiden IV and Raiden Fighter Aces are the ones that got physical releases over here; then there's a handful of region-free titles if you're willing to pony up a bit. Honestly, though, if you want to get deep into shmups, I would recommend trading up to a Sega Saturn. The only other games I can think of are Metal Gear Rising, Anarchy Reigns, and that new Castlevania game, and I haven't played any of those.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Been playing Dragon's DOgma: Dark Arisen on my PS3. Have to say, it is more Skyrim than Skyrim. Lots of entertaining quests with horrible voice acting and a fun class system.

Class system is similar to KoA: Reckoning in that you CAN be everything, but from my current experience it looks like you can basically go for one of the hybrid builds per playthrough. I started as a Strider (think Legolas from the movies), maxed that out, switched to Sorceror and am working on maxing that out for some of the augments (perks you can take to other classes). Once I do that (and I am about 2/3 of the way through the main quest), I'll switch to Magik Archer (it is a magic archer...).

But the beauty comes in NG+. Unlike something like Dark Souls, the world doesn't level up (also, it gets points for having a staticlly leveled world that doesn't get frustrating), but that is kind of the point. On my NG+, I'll max out Warrior for a few augments and then be a Mystic Knight for that playthrough.

And the pawn system is great. People can hire your pawn (NPC companion) and it will learn about the world. And same when you hire one. So if I recruit someone's pawn, I can teach it about quests and how to fight properly, and the same if anyone ever recruits my pawn.

But in PC gaming news: Apparently, about 25 minutes or so into Total Biscuit's WTF Is..., I am buying and downloading Blood Dragon. I was planning on waiting (I won't have my gaming PC for the next few months), but between how insanely awesome it looks AND wanting to say "I like this approach to DLC", I figure I'll buy it now and beat it in the next two weeks before I head out and am restricted to my laptop and PS3.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Any goodwill I had left for Croteam went out the window when they started hiding Kleer around every other corner to rape away a third of my health. Hiding Scorpions so far away I can't even see what's killing me? Icing on the fucking cake. At least I know where Crytek got the idea for the second half of Far Cry, now. What a piece of shit game.

I'm glad nobody bore witness to the comical look of concentration, frustration and annoyance that hasn't left my face in the last two hours, or heard the endless string of profanity that's been falling out of my mouth.
    Last edited by sabrage; 03-05-2013 at 02:45 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Any goodwill I had left for Croteam went out the window when they started hiding Kleer around every other corner to rape away a third of my health. Hiding Scorpions so far away I can't even see what's killing me? Icing on the fucking cake. At least I know where Crytek got the idea for the second half of Far Cry, now. What a piece of shit game.
    That doesn't sound much like the experience I had, I mean, it was a lot more

I'm glad nobody bore witness to the comical look of concentration, frustration and annoyance that hasn't left my face in the last two hours, or heard the endless string of profanity that's been falling out of my mouth.
    Ah. Never mind then!

When you're outside, remember to scan the area and watch for your cross-hair turning green. Also, if you can't see the enemy or they're too far away, the likelihood of them actually being able to hit you is reduced. Not removed, but certainly reduced. When you get to the open areas, you should pretty much be rocking the rocket launcher for the majority of the time. I do remember though that the penultimate two or so levels are very hard and bore the majority of my ire.

I have to ask though; are you enjoying the game? Because I'm sure by now you have a full expectation of what you're being offered so you could've stopped and known that that was pretty much it, but you're clearly still playing it and unless you're a masochist (and I do believe that there are certain games that almost demand this trait, Serious Sam being one of them) you must be getting some satisfaction out of it.

I remember that upon completing the game, I had this immense feeling of accomplishment, that I beat that.