Page 736 of 1162 FirstFirst ... 236636686726734735736737738746786836 ... LastLast
Results 14,701 to 14,720 of 23221
    I've been gambling for Gheed's unidentified loot looking around for better armour and such. I gambled for a chain armour, a kite shield, a scale armour earlier on and a pair of heavy boots. So far, only the heavy boots were well worth their price. Anyways, I finished Act I and moved on to the desert while marvelling on how wonderful the cinematics were (at least, for its time). I really wished I could get some Paladin Shields this time. I only managed to nab a Rondashe and it was cracked
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    I've been gambling for Gheed's unidentified loot looking around for better armour and such. I gambled for a chain armour, a kite shield, a scale armour earlier on and a pair of heavy boots. So far, only the heavy boots were well worth their price. Anyways, I finished Act I and moved on to the desert while marvelling on how wonderful the cinematics were (at least, for its time). I really wished I could get some Paladin Shields this time. I only managed to nab a Rondashe and it was cracked
    Get yourself a new mercenary in act 2. Those guys have auras to help you out. Once you're level 20, go gamble a pike for your merc. It's the highest damage normal polearm. Personally I mostly just gamble for boots and gloves in early game, hoping for rare ones with 25% magic find + resists. There are also several nice early game runewords which you might wanna try to get, depending on what runes you find.

Edit: Oh and remember you can use ethereal weapons and armor on your merc. He won't use up any durability.
    Last edited by Poppis; 06-05-2013 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    Game Dev Tycoon is really starting to open out now. I'm building whole departments for creating my own consoles, and researching more advanced stuff like digital distribution. At this stage it gets quite easy though, bankruptcy is only a looming threat in the earlier levels.
    I do believe I will purchase this very soonish

This new city I built in the Berlin region is not only the most profitable so far but it's also has the smoothest traffic ever.... until I built an ill-planned city block. The traffic rating then plunged to a worrying dark green. Fuck that, I'm gonna bulldoze that place
    Art blog here.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    On last mission of Theme Hospital. Got figured out how to stop my machine blowing up and how to fight off epidemics as well as ensure my staff is well trained.

Only the beginning causes problems as you must expand as quickly as possible to ensure a nice constant flow of money. Last mission supposed to be much more difficult than rest of the game so I'll see how it goes.
    Last edited by Lukasz; 07-05-2013 at 10:01 AM.

Finally finished Kingdoms of Amalur!

It's a good game, but it feels like eating a fine peace of meat swimming in a mediocre gravy. The main story is quite good and well written, most of the secondary quest lines (guilds and houses) are also well done and the gameplay is superb. The fighting mechanics are not too complex, but they are much more than just press button until bad things are dead.

But the big problem is that it looks like the development motto was "more is better". So there are dozens of boring side quests (go to cave-->kill inhabitants-->bring back trinket/kill someone/rescue someone-->Go back-->collect reward--->sell reward), every character has tons of dialog options (all voiced) that add nothing to the game and the story and there are lots of walking from point A to B to C and back (there is fast travel, but it's only in the main map. not in dungeons and cities).

The game also looks very bland. It's nicely drawn and there are more than a few pretty places, but everything looks extremely bland with low-res textures and no lighting effects.

But despite all that I did had a good time playing it, but I think it's because I skipped plenty of side quests and dialog options (took me 60 Hrs to complete). I think that if the developers had focused more on telling an epic story and less shoving boring and pointless content, it could have turned into a big hit for them (but sadly nothing that can cover all their debts).

Next on the list: Continue my playthrough in Borderland 2, Hitman: Absolutely, Sleeping dog, Alpha Centaury.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Finally installed The Third Age mod for Medieval II Total War. I need something to keep my occupied till my hard copies of StarDrive and Masters of a Broken World get here. Dwarf power!

Thinking of adding MOS too but I don't want to push my luck.

I managed to get Star Wars Rebellion to start on win 7.
    Only problem is that drop down menus don't work. So I can't change build orders, mission types and stuff like that :(
    Also I can't save for some reason. And c3po spends ages explaining the game at the start. JUST LET ME PLAY GOLDENROD!

Edit: It seems that I skipped a step for enabling saves and that the drop down thing is because I'm playing it windowed. I'll check once I get home.
    Last edited by Tikey; 07-05-2013 at 03:40 PM.

Obscure Node
    Still playing Trials Evolution on Xbox 360... Heavily addicted.

Network Hub
    Playing Dishonored again. I gave up half way in my first play through because it was boring me. I think playing here and there instead of playing for hours on end like I did on my first time is a lot better. Trying to stealth again but the levels are just to light, its very off putting, its Thief's fault but I feel thats how stealth should be, in the dark coming out of the shadows. Anyway thats my main gripe with the game, combat is nice and meaty but thats not my play style, I'm a gentle man. I'm going to stick with it till the end.

Geneforge as well. The first one. I'm a hour in and I just love the ambient sounds in it. Birds in the trees, the hustle and bustle of a village, brings back the memories of diving in to Baldur's gate all those years ago.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Still playing Sins: Rebellion, still enjoying myself, but 20 hours in the weaknesses in the AI are becoming hard to miss. Difficulty settings are nothing more than "throw more resources at the AI" settings, the base AI itself is just dumb as a brick unfortunately. There's an upcoming patch that I'm hoping will help, but I'm already thinking about going back to AI War (300+ hours and counting) for my space RTS fix. The AI in that thing is outright demonic.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I've actually been playing The Old Republic.

I don't recommend it for most people, but when I played warcraft, it was strictly as a brain-off game that I could indulge in when I needed a break. It's mediocre, the combat is simple, and the story isn't a complex thing, but oddly these are why I enjoy it. It makes no demands of me. It doesn't require my focus. It's something I can do that's just absorbing enough to take my mind off everything else for a few hours, like a more sedate diablo. At that task, it's pleasingly more than adequate.

And I'd still rather KOTOR 3 existed.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    And I'd still rather KOTOR 3 existed.
    With Obsidian taking charge of it's development, yes. I would so buy that
    Last edited by Voon; 08-05-2013 at 07:21 AM. Reason: Hacing sausage fingeras is grewat!
    Art blog here.

North of the Misty Mountains at Mount Gunabad, 200 tired and bloodied Dwarves led by King Dain held a ramshackle fort against 1200+ heavy Orcs. The foul beasts threw everything they had at the main gate. The dwarves plugged the breach to turn it into a battle of attrition, but eventually the overwhelming Orc numbers began to tell. It was then that King Dain slew the Orc general (after the Orc's cronies tries to get a few cheapshots in) and turned the tide. Now Dain waits for his son to come from the west and combine their strength to march south and reclaim their ancient holds.

Enjoying Total War: The Third Age. Dwarves are interesting to play. They've got the best footsoldiers in the realm with the fertility of a bag of rocks, so being outnumbered is not uncommon.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Drake, the way you described that game instantly makes me want to play it. I've never heard of TW: The Third Age before, is it a mod or dlc or an expansion? TELL ME!!

Also, playing Torchlight 2 co-op with my girlfriend. I'm an Engineer and she's playing a Berserker. It's her first aRPG and she's having fun running around with a massive cannon while I'm having fun with a shield and pistol because shield and pistol.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    It's her first aRPG and she's having fun running around with a massive cannon while I'm having fun with a shield and pistol because shield and pistol.
    Damn you! Now I want to play Rainbow Six: Vegas multiplayer with a riot shield and a "raging bull" revolver.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Drake, the way you described that game instantly makes me want to play it. I've never heard of TW: The Third Age before, is it a mod or dlc or an expansion? TELL ME!!
    It's a huge mod, recreating the Middle Earth map, along with the factions, skins, and music from the films. The only catch is you have to own both Medieval 2 Total War and the Kingdoms expansion pack. Once those are installed go to the download links at http://www.moddb.com/mods/third-age-total-war and follow the instructions. I had the discs though, didn't have to look at the Steam instructions. Took me a couple of hours to get it working (mostly download time and lack of experience with mods), but it was so worth it!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    I'm amazed it hasn't been locked down by now. It is indeed an amazing mod. Total War series really does get some of the best mods.

Howling Banshees are absolutely the most annoying things I tried to kill in Dark Crusade. They always mass up and they always wreck my shit up and worst of all, they won't even drop after getting pelted by machineguns for God's sake! Looks like I have to use the Muhreens again but even with that I'm not sure
    Art blog here.

Brütal Legend: This game should be one of the most amusing and awesome third person brawler games of the past generation. Its not totally offensive for someone who likes metal, its Double Fine humor, its got a boatload of variety it looks great and and and... god damn! This should be brilliant!
    Its not brilliant though, as it plays like crap. I think JG Man here summed it up quite well for how far I am in (only a couple of hours) in that if you are not really into metal there is not much here worth staying for. I'm just waiting for the "Halford" moment that the game is hinting at, and the "Kill-master" made me chuckle, but then again, like memes, unless you know the context behind the joke its possibly not going to be funny.