Page 737 of 1136 FirstFirst ... 237637687727735736737738739747787837 ... LastLast
Results 14,721 to 14,740 of 22719
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    Howling Banshees are absolutely the most annoying things I tried to kill in Dark Crusade. They always mass up and they always wreck my shit up and worst of all, they won't even drop after getting pelted by machineguns for God's sake! Looks like I have to use the Muhreens again but even with that I'm not sure
    I love playing as the Eldar in DoW/2. I'm not at all good enough to play them seriously, although the smaller scale of DoW2 did get me to appreciate their nuances better, but they're so satisfying to play with. Getting Howling Banshees right into the mix looks so cool. They're god damn scary in Last Stand though.

Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag View Post
    Brütal Legend: This game should be one of the most amusing and awesome third person brawler games of the past generation. Its not totally offensive for someone who likes metal, its Double Fine humor, its got a boatload of variety it looks great and and and... god damn! This should be brilliant!
    Its not brilliant though, as it plays like crap. I think JG Man here summed it up quite well for how far I am in (only a couple of hours) in that if you are not really into metal there is not much here worth staying for. I'm just waiting for the "Halford" moment that the game is hinting at, and the "Kill-master" made me chuckle, but then again, like memes, unless you know the context behind the joke its possibly not going to be funny.
    With the recent Double Fine bundle, I've noticed a few people saying that Psychonauts is an okay game with a great sense of humour, dialogue, characters, design etc. Enough, regardless, to boost the overall experience up. I think I agree with that. When was the last time that you heard of DF making a game where the actual game part was specifically highlighted over everything sense? It's this point where I feel like some people are maybe in the wrong medium. Imagine a film/animation by Double Fine? I reckon it'd be really, really great and you wouldn't be let down by any failing game mechanics.

With BL I just felt that the surrounding part of the game was not good enough to boost the simply bad game-play up enough to make it bearable. And even then, I think there comes a point where no matter how good the surrounding material, if the game is really that bad, I'm sorry, but I have to leave it. Obviously that depends on tolerance, but more and more lately I'm finding myself in the position that there are so many games out there, many of a not insignificant length, that why would I want to play sub-standard games when I could be playing others that are objectively superior? I dunno. I was let down by BL even after knowing that it was really an RTS, but neither that or the hack'n'slash were developed enough, nor enough variety in content, that I could be kept interested. And it's a shame because so much effort went into it. So much!

Essays aside, I've played a few minutes of Super Hexagon to remind me that I bloody love it, but also that playing it simply a few minutes at a time isn't enough to get back into it. Also, everyone should buy this game because it's bloody fantastic. Played a little more Deus Ex: Human Circle and it's still enjoyable. I like the direction the plot is going on, but I have a feeling the way I'm playing it it's going to be a long time until I get to the conclusion. Every so often been dipping into the Sonic Unleashed mod for Sonic Generations. Completed 7 out of the 9 levels, with the last two left being the ones I don't really enjoy too much. The mod is fantastic though and I strongly recommend anyone who played Generations to pick it up. Adds a lot of very fun, very cool content. Oh, and tons of PlanetSide 2. Pretty dang great.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    It's this point where I feel like some people are maybe in the wrong medium. Imagine a film/animation by Double Fine? I reckon it'd be really, really great and you wouldn't be let down by any failing game mechanics.
    Not in full agreement there. They come up with lots of concepts that would be awesome if they got them right, but they rarely do. If anything they need someone who whips them into shape every time they start jamming more and more bloat in, knuckling down and testing things fully before shipping it.

BL felt like it was made backwards though; starting with all the styling and concepts before trying to get the game done last. There is a lot of love in it, and I very much doubt it would work as a cartoon as well (I found Metalocalypse to be very bland or just outright backward, despite the humor being in the same vein), just I wish they got the basic mechanics correct in at least the hack and slash parts.
    I do wonder who the target audience is with this though. Half the "TRUE" metal heads I've known are some of the greatest Luddites I've ever known, to the point where certain people couldn't operate a Playstation because it was "too complex".

Played through Spec Ops: The Line in one sitting. Enjoyed (guess that's the closest word to the right way of putting it) the story and gameplay for the most part, but the ending assault to the tower can go right ahead and fuck itself. I died a ridiculous amount of times at that part, and those just felt like cheap deaths.

I think I figured out that the 'long commute' issue relates to the workplace/industrial sites much more than road placement. Common sense, I know. I zoned a few spots north of the city and Voila! No more unemployment, no more dirty vacant buildings. Overall sim wealth has gone up and demands for housing and offices are on the rise. Gotta zone more later

Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    I love playing as the Eldar in DoW/2. I'm not at all good enough to play them seriously, although the smaller scale of DoW2 did get me to appreciate their nuances better, but they're so satisfying to play with. Getting Howling Banshees right into the mix looks so cool. They're god damn scary in Last Stand though.
    and the fact that I always get spammed by them makes me hate the even more. But yeah, the Eldar are a blast to play in DoW 2.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Woah. Double post
    Art blog here.

Obscure Node
    Anno 2070. It's like electronic crack.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    With Obsidian taking charge of it's development, yes. I would so buy that
    I don't know, man. They ruined Dungeon Siege.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Activated Node
    Finally played through Cthulhu Saves The World which has been sitting in my Steam library for far too long. Enjoyed it immensely. The humor was great and I also liked the fact that you could clear an area of all enemies(and you can just start a fight whenever you want). This was my first time playing this sort of rpg(is there a word for these?) and one of the reasons I hadn't touched them before was the idea that battles will just start randomly and never stop.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    The Third Age: Total War. King Dain's son has travelled across the western free lands of elves and men to reunite with his father and embark on the campaign to cleanse the Misty Mountains. Together they consolidate their position at the northern tip in Mount Gunabad. Once the surrounding areas are clear, the march south begins!

The One Ring showed up briefly in a nearby town but I was too slow taking it and it's disappeared. I wonder if the orcs squirreled it away, and what repercussions this could have. My dwarves are rich gits (the mining trade being extremely lucrative), but their fertility rate still prevents me from building a massive army at this time. There simply ain't enough dwarf to go around. Guess I could start buying allies.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppis View Post
    Finally played through Cthulhu Saves The World which has been sitting in my Steam library for far too long. Enjoyed it immensely. The humor was great and I also liked the fact that you could clear an area of all enemies(and you can just start a fight whenever you want). This was my first time playing this sort of rpg(is there a word for these?) and one of the reasons I hadn't touched them before was the idea that battles will just start randomly and never stop.
    It's done in the style of an old JRPG, the early Final Fantasy's and Phantasy Star games. I don't know/cant remember if any of those other games allowed you to stop getting random encounters after X fights in an area. I thought it was a nice touch too, just do your 20 fights in a row and then you're free to explore.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Finally finished Darksiders 2 yesterday, turns out I was pretty much at the end anyway.

I really enjoyed the first part(s) of the game but it does drag on waaaaay too long without adding any of the necessary variety to avoid repetitivity.

Ending's a big disappointment too, like in the first one and the camera work is horrible.

Still a pretty fun game but I'll probably never go back to it despite all the secondary content and NG+ thingies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    But they saved Fallout and made sequels better than Bioware could ever dream of. I got faith
    Art blog here.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    There was nothing there to ruin. :)

Hello can anyone recommend me a good F2P game?

I have played LoL(too much), Dota 2(bored), BL:Reribution(bored),TF2(too much),Warframe(bored),Star Conflict(bored),Planetside 2(AWFUL optimization).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UnderwaterCacty View Post

I have played LoL(too much), Dota 2(bored), BL:Reribution(bored),TF2(too much),Warframe(bored),Star Conflict(bored),Planetside 2(AWFUL optimization).
    Sounding like a broken record already, but Path of Exile.

I've gone back to Skyrim and finally finished the main quest.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnderwaterCacty View Post

Tribes: Ascend? It's not bad for a F2P FPS, and bonus nostalgia points if you're old enough to have played the original games in the late '90s. The RPS community for it kind of dried up, but the game itself is still quite lively.

Quote Originally Posted by deadly.by.design View Post
    I've gone back to Skyrim and finally finished the main quest.

Tribes: Ascend? It's not bad for a F2P FPS, and bonus nostalgia points if you're old enough to have played the original games in the late '90s. The RPS community for it kind of dried up, but the game itself is still quite lively.
    Ah played that too much also :). But ty for the suggestion.

@Faldrath is Path of Exile that good?

Also any other suggestions?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    If you're interested in ARPGs at all, yes. I personally think it's far superior to Diablo 3 and Torchlight 2, and it's also a shining example of F2P done right (microtransactions are all cosmetic, save for extra stash tabs and character slots, but those are completely optional since the base offering is already plentiful).
    Last edited by Faldrath; 09-05-2013 at 04:32 PM.

Activated Node
    Airmech is also a very good free2play game. It's a fast paced action rts with transformersy robots.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldrath View Post
    If you're interested in ARPGs at all, yes. I personally think it's far superior to Diablo 3 and Torchlight 2, and it's also a shining example of F2P done right (microtransactions are all cosmetic, save for extra stash tabs and character slots, but those are completely optional since the base offering is already plentiful).
    Any word on when the beta ends and everyone's characters get wiped? I've been waiting to really invest in that game until I know I can actually keep my character.