Page 739 of 1190 FirstFirst ... 239639689729737738739740741749789839 ... LastLast
Results 14,761 to 14,780 of 23789
    Quote Originally Posted by Track View Post
    KOTOR it is.
    Yay! I changed the future.

Also, one small recommendation: Try to avoid leveling up as much as possible during the first area of the game. Once you're out of Taris you'll understand.

Dissenting opinions are welcomed.

Network Hub
    I'll keep that in mind. Is there anything else I should know going in? Any particular classes/skills/paths that I should avoid or invest in for the most interesting experience?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Ignore blasters, go melee.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Did anyone else find Kotor 1 boring? I played Kotor 2 a few years ago and had a blast, but when i tried the first one a few months ago it was so boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Track View Post
    I'll keep that in mind. Is there anything else I should know going in? Any particular classes/skills/paths that I should avoid or invest in for the most interesting experience?
    For the first one I don't think there is much problem with classes. You'll have fun with any of them and won't miss much.
    The second one is much more enjoyable as a Jedi Sentinel.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UnderwaterCacty View Post
    Did anyone else find Kotor 1 boring? I played Kotor 2 a few years ago and had a blast, but when i tried the first one a few months ago it was so boring.
    Funnily enough, I had the reverse experience. I love KOTOR 1, but cannot get into KOTOR 2.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Did anyone else find Kotor 1 boring?
    Yes, it is spectacularly snoozey except some ace conversations. Not played 2 despite owning it.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 10-05-2013 at 07:10 PM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Not played 2 despite owning it.
    You monster...

Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    You monster...
    Well he is an octopus with bat wings... What did you expect?

KotoR 2 is a very easy game and there's not much need to worry about build or stats. Guardians get the most health and feats, Consulars get the most "mana" and force powers and Sentinels are average in all aspects but get the most skill points. Later on you can pick from a couple of prestige classes to flesh your character out.
    Blasters are actually much more powerful than they used to be in KotoR 1 and can at least come near the damage of melee weapons. You can easily play through the game and never even pick up a light saber. Considering one of the themes is the over reliance on the force by both Jedi and Sith, and Kreia mocks light sabers more than once, this might actually be really clever.
    New! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Not exactly new! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Kind of old! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    KotoR 2 is a very easy game and there's not much need to worry about build or stats. Guardians get the most health and feats, Consulars get the most "mana" and force powers and Sentinels are average in all aspects but get the most skill points. Later on you can pick from a couple of prestige classes to flesh your character out.
    Blasters are actually much more powerful than they used to be in KotoR 1 and can at least come near the damage of melee weapons. You can easily play through the game and never even pick up a light saber. Considering one of the themes is the over reliance on the force by both Jedi and Sith, and Kreia mocks light sabers more than once, this might actually be really clever.
    Well that's one thing i never understood in Star Wars. Why don't bounty hunters/soldiers ever use a shotgun against jedi? I mean because the spread is huge and all bullets travel almost at the same distance it will be very hard for a jedi to counter them all since he can only block in a line with his lightsaber and the shotgun shoots in a circle.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Kinetic weapons aren't exactly common. Nor Jedi, for that matter.
    Last edited by Fumarole; 10-05-2013 at 09:53 PM.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

They'd use the Force.
    Or plot armour.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    So I thought I'd try the new Steam release of Pinball FX 2 - I haven't played a pinball game in ages. Steam's storepage labels it as "free to play", so I assumed it'd have one or two free tables, and then you could buy table packs.

I launch the game - there are no free tables. You can play all of them, but just for 5 minutes. So the "free-to-play" game is essentially a demo. I decided to check the Steam forum to see if I was missing something, but no, that seems to be precisely what it is. Apparently if you have Win8 and get the game from MS's store, you get a free table, but not so for the Steam release.

As you can imagine, the Steam forums are not a happy place now. I thought I'd post this as a heads-up for people who might be interested in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    They'd use the Force.
    Or plot armour.
    They can't use the force if you shoto blaster bullets thingies

I know there was a weapon like this in Battlefront 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldrath View Post
    So I thought I'd try the new Steam release of Pinball FX 2 - I haven't played a pinball game in ages. Steam's storepage labels it as "free to play", so I assumed it'd have one or two free tables, and then you could buy table packs.

I launch the game - there are no free tables. You can play all of them, but just for 5 minutes. So the "free-to-play" game is essentially a demo. I decided to check the Steam forum to see if I was missing something, but no, that seems to be precisely what it is. Apparently if you have Win8 and get the game from MS's store, you get a free table, but not so for the Steam release.

As you can imagine, the Steam forums are not a happy place now. I thought I'd post this as a heads-up for people who might be interested in the game.
    Yeah some games whould really change their names into "free to demo" instead of "free to play"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Well that's one thing i never understood in Star Wars. Why don't bounty hunters/soldiers ever use a shotgun against jedi? I mean because the spread is huge and all bullets travel almost at the same distance it will be very hard for a jedi to counter them all since he can only block in a line with his lightsaber and the shotgun shoots in a circle.
    Well, Mandalorians tend to be the notorious "badass normals" who kill Jedi. I forget what the current version is, but the last version of the wiping out of the Mandalorians was basically Jedi ambushing the Mandalorians (a la Order 66) and they STILL took very serious losses (particularly from Jango Fett).

That being said, I think the lightsaber is said to have a "magnetic field" to deflect kinetic rounds. So I guess if someone took a shotgun and really screwed with the choke to maximize the spread they might get a few pellets past, but if the Jedi are fast enough to block automatic fire they can use a backwards sweeping motion to stop the pellets (pull the saber back as they swing it to the left or right). Or just dodge.

Nah, the best way to kill a Jedi is also the best way to kill a Wizard. High powered sniper rifle from a long distance away in a crowded city environment (or, if the target is very tired, the docks).
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    it will be very hard for a jedi to counter them all since he can only block in a line with his lightsaber
    Force powers, lightsabres are only really needed because lasers are too fast to block, the jedi's actually predict the guns trajectory rather than actual perceptive blocking. If the lasers didnt move so EFFing slow that is.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Force powers, lightsabres are only really needed because lasers are too fast to block, the jedi's actually predict the guns trajectory rather than actual perceptive blocking. If the lasers didnt move so EFFing slow that is.
    I know that there was a shotgun in battlefront 2 that shot blaster rounds (lasers).
    Why not use that?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Funnily enough, I had the reverse experience. I love KOTOR 1, but cannot get into KOTOR 2.
    I have this problem with every Obsidian game I've ever tried, and yet I keep buying them. NWN 2, Kotor 2, Fallout NV. Despite enjoying the shit out of the games that came before, I can't get into them.
    "What were we talking about? Pegasuses, pegasii, that's horses with wings. This motherf*cker got a sword that talks to him. Motherf*cker live in places that don't exist, it comes with a map. My God."