Page 740 of 1259 FirstFirst ... 2406406907307387397407417427507908401240 ... LastLast
Results 14,781 to 14,800 of 25161
  1. #14781
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    5,333
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    Jedi die from blaster shots all the time, it's just that the Jedi most people are familiar with are the extremely powerful ones that are portrayed to be extra, extraordinary. The lesser ones are good foot soldiers, but not out-of-this-world good, so a shotgun probably would kill them quite easily. I suspect that those like Obi-Wan etc would probably figure out a way to not be shot by one, however.
    Well, generally speaking a Jedi against one gunman is probably going to survive. It is when they are attacked en masse or ambushed that they go down hard and fast.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

  2. #14782
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    10,485
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Well, generally speaking a Jedi against one gunman is probably going to survive. It is when they are attacked en masse or ambushed that they go down hard and fast.
    I usually find evaporating the planets atmosphere works a treat.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

  3. #14783
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I usually find evaporating the planets atmosphere works a treat.
    But what if your on said planet?

  4. #14784
    Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    557
    Quote Originally Posted by UnderwaterCacty View Post
    But what if your on said planet?
    Lie down? Put paper bags over your heads or something?

  5. #14785
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    10,485
    Quote Originally Posted by UnderwaterCacty View Post
    But what if your on said planet?
    I don't understand the question.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

  6. #14786
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,639
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Well, generally speaking a Jedi against one gunman is probably going to survive. It is when they are attacked en masse or ambushed that they go down hard and fast.
    True enough, but while 2-3 may not be a struggle for the more well known Jedi's it could be a tough task for anyone else.
    steam: sketch

  7. #14787
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Jolly Ole England
    Posts
    3,385
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    KotoR 2 is a very easy game and there's not much need to worry about build or stats. Guardians get the most health and feats, Consulars get the most "mana" and force powers and Sentinels are average in all aspects but get the most skill points. Later on you can pick from a couple of prestige classes to flesh your character out.
    I find the Guardians and Consulars only influence combat, where as the skills and stats that come with being a Sentinel can influence the story, or at least your perception of it. Having high intelligence or wisdom and pumping points into Awareness gives you tons of opportunities to make yourself look like a god damn genius in the eyes of Kreia. It's not often that I respect my character's mind in an RPG.

    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Nah, the best way to kill a Jedi is also the best way to kill a Wizard. High powered sniper rifle from a long distance away in a crowded city environment (or, if the target is very tired, the docks).
    Flamethrowers. Although it seems like they should be able to force push that back.

    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I usually find evaporating the planets atmosphere works a treat.
    They probably have some ability to counteract that too. They're a walking Batman utility belt.
    Last edited by Drake Sigar; 10-05-2013 at 11:55 PM.

  8. #14788
    Obscure Node Blynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Nottingham, United Kingdom
    Posts
    2
    Currently playing a heap of games DayZ, Neverwinter, Cataclysm(roguelike); pretty much the main three.

  9. #14789
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    3,221
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    I find the Guardians and Consulars only influence combat, where as the skills and stats that come with being a Sentinel can influence the story, or at least your perception of it. Having high intelligence or wisdom and pumping points into Awareness gives you tons of opportunities to make yourself look like a god damn genius in the eyes of Kreia. It's not often that I respect my character's mind in an RPG.
    Yes, Kotor 2 also has an important reliance on skills. You're often on your own, there's crafting, and lots of skills related checks during quests, and also Kreia. And to not rely on the Force is an important theme during the game.

    You already have lots of HP and Mana so no need to go the Guardian/consular route.
    I think Kotor 2 is best played as sentinel / watchman.

  10. #14790
    Moderator Anthile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    People's Republic of Germany
    Posts
    2,783
    There's also tons of items that can boost your skills. One of the strange things about the rules in KotoR 2 is that you can stack boosts. Usually only the highest boost should apply, as seen in NWN2. My consul/master ran around with about 40 wisdom and still had over 20 strength and constitution. That really shouldn't be happening.
    Also, every companion can craft, just not on the Ebon Hawke. T3-M4 can basically craft everything by himself.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

    to wound the autumnal city.

  11. #14791
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    3,221
    Yes, but there are lot of moments when you're on your own and having a varied skillset is most useful.
    Obviously I'm not trying to tell you that it's the only way of playing the game and obviously you can easily play as any class without missing much. But in my many many many playtroughs I felt that the game was designed to be played with an important focus on skills. I can't pinpoint exact reasons and examples now without the game fresh in my mind, but playing like that is how I've always thought that I've gotten the most out of the game. I'd say I've been minmaxin the experience/story.

    Remembering something: High computer and repair can get you the juicy stuff out of T3 for example.

  12. #14792
    Lesser Hivemind Node Kaira-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Oulu, Finland
    Posts
    965
    A match of Star Wars mod for Sins of Solar Empire: Rebellion. Not sure if it's mod's working or just something else, but the AI seems to be a cheating bastard (honestly, just one AI amassed 41 capital ships at the same time, whereas I and my friend barely got 20 each). That is, until any combat happens and the AI gets wiped on the floor. Eh.

  13. #14793
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    the angry dome
    Posts
    3,811
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaira- View Post
    A match of Star Wars mod for Sins of Solar Empire: Rebellion. Not sure if it's mod's working or just something else, but the AI seems to be a cheating bastard (honestly, just one AI amassed 41 capital ships at the same time, whereas I and my friend barely got 20 each). That is, until any combat happens and the AI gets wiped on the floor. Eh.
    Sins AI is very weak, unfortunately. I don't know about that mod, but in the base game the AI gets resource bonuses on every difficulty level above "easy." Being as there are 5 setting above that, you can imagine how absurd it gets.

  14. #14794
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,786
    Well... jesse cox playthrough of Game Dev Tycoon made we want to play it.


    I will not make my backlog any smaller this year... :(


    Edit:

    Made 3M from garage. Decided to tackle bigger projects. Went bankrupt after each game although sold fairly well did not manage to bring enough profit to sustain my bigger team.

    Feels like I heard that story before.
    Last edited by Lukasz; 11-05-2013 at 06:59 AM.

  15. #14795
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    1,761
    XCOM:EU - Impossible Ironman - with all available Second Wave options on.

    Sectoids killed me. I failed at first mission twice. Then I went through it with no casualties and lasted three missions before all my operatives died. Game is significantly harder compared to Classic Ironman( took me 100 hours to complete Classic Ironman). Sectoids vastly outclass your recruits, they are more accurate, more numerous, they spam the hell out of the Mind Merge, often two or three pairs of buffed sectoids are running around, they outflank you as usual and generally they fight much better than on Classic oh and you can't kill them reliably with grenades anymore. To make it all even more desperate, the "strategic" layer( aka the worst part of this otherwise great game) is much harder too, panic levels are rising faster and I think soldiers take longer time to heal.

    I will probably return to Classic Ironman to play Slingshot DLC. Feels a bit bad because Impossible makes enemies much "smarter" and I hate dumbing down AI. But well I don't feel like upping the difficulty of the "strategic" part and I don't have 100 more hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

  16. #14796
    I tried XCOM:EU on Classic Ironman, it was nice when the elite pussies didn't get scared by a squirel. I had a pretty fun time, but this was the most annoying part which is why i stopped playing.
    I went on a mission with a crashed UFO, nothing fancy, i think it was a scout. All my soldiers were the best or near best rank (can't remember, captain?) and i had the upgrade to decrease their panic from the training school.
    What happens? I move my team carefully so that none of them will be taken down, overwatch all-around. They miss on the muttons. Next some fliers come. One of them gets shot by one of the fliers, gets scared, runs into hiding in a spot where is is flaked by a mutton who kills him next round. In the mean-time another soldier panics since he died from his own stupidity and shoots at another team-mate and destroys his cover. Needless to say he also dies and the cycle continues. Idiots panicking, shooting each-other, running in places with no cover and i have no control over them. They all die.
    I mean really now, i expect it from a pair of rookies to get scared like that, but even they should be the best of the best so even they shouldn't get scared from someone shooting lasers at them especially with carapace armor. Needless to say that i was very pissed since these were my top guys who got scared like a girl who sees her first penis. They shot more aliens than anyone and they still wet their pants when someone shoots at them.
    Stupid panick system.
    Last edited by UnderwaterCacty; 11-05-2013 at 09:38 AM.

  17. #14797
    Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Zürich
    Posts
    751
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    I find the Guardians and Consulars only influence combat, where as the skills and stats that come with being a Sentinel can influence the story, or at least your perception of it. Having high intelligence or wisdom and pumping points into Awareness gives you tons of opportunities to make yourself look like a god damn genius in the eyes of Kreia.
    The biggest problem with character building in KotoR 2 is that it doesn't really matter what you do. Consulars get a bonus to spell DC and more Force Points, but you can easily achieve the same effect by stacking Wisdom (not to mention the game basically throws bonus Force Points at you). Guardians meanwhile are supposed to be the best fighters, but every class receives the same attack bonus per level and even a Consular won't be starved for feats if you plan ahead. Sentinels have a bonus to skill points, but there's so many items with skill point bonuses that it becomes moot. No matter how you start out, you're almost guaranteed to master everything by the end. The only advice I'd give any KotoR 2 player is to make sure that you reach 18 Constitution by the time you hit level 20, because it's needed for the really awesome Implants.

    In the original KotoR the class you chose had a fairly big impact on the way you played the game, but in the sequel classes might as well not even exist. KotoR 2 was a big improvement in terms of story and characters, but its gameplay decisions sometimes make wonder what Obsidian was thinking. NwN 2, for all its other faults, was a big step forward in that regard.

  18. #14798
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Jolly Ole England
    Posts
    3,385
    It takes long enough to accumulate all those staty items that you'll have missed most of the content that makes your character look smart and furthers your relationship with Kreia.

    From a gameplay standpoint though, yeah there's not as much difference between classes as the first game.

  19. #14799
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Voon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sultanate of Johore
    Posts
    2,004
    Quote Originally Posted by UnderwaterCacty View Post
    I tried XCOM:EU on Classic Ironman, it was nice when the elite pussies didn't get scared by a squirel. I had a pretty fun time, but this was the most annoying part which is why i stopped playing.
    I went on a mission with a crashed UFO, nothing fancy, i think it was a scout. All my soldiers were the best or near best rank (can't remember, captain?) and i had the upgrade to decrease their panic from the training school.
    What happens? I move my team carefully so that none of them will be taken down, overwatch all-around. They miss on the muttons. Next some fliers come. One of them gets shot by one of the fliers, gets scared, runs into hiding in a spot where is is flaked by a mutton who kills him next round. In the mean-time another soldier panics since he died from his own stupidity and shoots at another team-mate and destroys his cover. Needless to say he also dies and the cycle continues. Idiots panicking, shooting each-other, running in places with no cover and i have no control over them. They all die.
    I mean really now, i expect it from a pair of rookies to get scared like that, but even they should be the best of the best so even they shouldn't get scared from someone shooting lasers at them especially with carapace armor. Needless to say that i was very pissed since these were my top guys who got scared like a girl who sees her first penis. They shot more aliens than anyone and they still wet their pants when someone shoots at them.
    Stupid panick system.
    Welcome to XCOM!

    Anyway, Kronus is now completly under my- err, I mean the Emperor's control. Finally ousted Gorgutz from the planet and well, as far as sweeping the entire house through Gorgutz's turf, it was actually pretty easy once I got my defences tight and razed every single ork building before getting to him. Baneblades makes life easier
    Last edited by Voon; 11-05-2013 at 12:16 PM.
    Art blog here.

    Doodles poodles sheboodles

    Watch me fail as Nobunaga

  20. #14800
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    Welcome to XCOM!

    Kronus is now completly under my- err, I mean the Emperor's control. Finally ousted Gorgutz from the planet and well, as far as sweeping the entire house through Gorgutz's turf, it was actually pretty easy once I got my defences tight and razed every single ork building before getting to him. Baneblades makes life easier
    UUU Imperial Guard!

    And i know that XCOM is based on RNG, that i miss 4 shots at a distant alien and they hit me in 1 shot next turn or that i miss 3 80% shots up-close, i can deal with that, but that panick system is just ludicrous.
    Last edited by UnderwaterCacty; 11-05-2013 at 12:20 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •